ECO - Electronic Cigarette Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Be ECO-friendly.

Looking to collaborate with other Suppliers and members in order to start our own organization. If you'd like to see a representative association who actually represents this industry by taking real action, as opposed to putting perfectly capable representatives to the task of speaking sweet (nothings) rhetoric to us on this Grand forum, please post your interest as a response to this thread.

I started a thread a few months ago regarding a class action lawsuit and had a very interesting response in thread responses, emails, and PMs.

If you'd be interested in supporting a consumer-driven Electronic Cigarette Organization, funded by your friendly, neighborhood U.S. Electronic Cigarette Suppliers, but enacted independently by a board elected by supporting CONSUMERS please speak your piece.

It's time for us local, domestic Suppliers to do something, to stop relying on the infamous, though respected njoy and SE, as well as the ECA who has been formidable at best.

We're going to get this show on the road.

www.ecorg.org - Could very well be the future home of the Electronic Cigarette Organization.
EDIT: Changed to www.ecigusers.org

Let's get some pledges and some participation.

PLEASE NOTE: Before we make this a promised organization, we will await comments tomorrow regarding the ECA's actions in regards to the case.

Last edited:

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'd really like to see more pledges. I'm going to refrain from anything that could even be remotely considered attack campaigns as this ECO organization is going to be a reality very soon as necessity dictates.

Let's see some pledges.

Once the website is made and the association filing is in order, we will have NO minimum donation requirements for membership; not for Suppliers, but especially not for consumers!

Once everything is up and running, I will concede any leadership position in the organization and waive all personal costs to this Organizations new leader board.

Time is running short, folks. It's time to get serious.

Last edited:

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
That's two... and two very, very promising pledges at that.

Let's see more.

Webby from http://www.AmericasBestBuys.com has just informed me he'd assist in developing the ECO website. Check out WebOperations.net - Web Developer for the Gulf Coast to see the talent he has at his hands.

This is going to cost money, folks, and I'm more than willing to put all I can into it. I have a LOT on my plate right now but am more than willing to donate to this cause.

Speak your mind, make your pledge, and fight for your right to use electronic cigarettes by actually being represented by an organization, led by you (the consumer), that wants nothing more than to preserve that right.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Yep. This is gonna stir up some ****e...

I suppose this really can’t be described as a mutiny, as by definition, that would imply there was someone at the helm. I was never a huge fan of the ECA model as users were not included from the beginning. Other than defending Njoy’s interests they seem to be oddly calm in this storm. Perhaps that is due to the advice of their attorneys, but it certainly isn’t representing the best interests of the smaller suppliers and users IMHO
Here are a few concepts to mull over:
· The site MUST be made up of Users and Suppliers. (if it’s supplier’s only – I’m out)
· NO BANNER ADS – no one (including me) can have the appearance of “owning” the site. Sponsors should be listed under a sponsors tab – just like on the ECF.
· The site should have an RSS feed from the ECF with links going back to the forum. Knowledge is power and by directing the uninformed to known resources (like ECF) it helps the public realize there is a growing populace of us out there.
· The whole idea is to promote a sense of unity to counteract ASH’s propaganda. Most local and national media journalists are looking for soundbites and easily digested substantiated quotes. We need to have an easily downloaded document library of these documents that aren’t hearsay or easily discounted reporting sources. Let us provide the counter-point missing from most broadcasts.
· Event Calendar – hearing dates, rulings and decisions – concrete facts.
· Members Calendar (by state) – scheduled gatherings, public events, rallies
· Contact Info – a small group to represent the “face” of the e-cig movement. When the media grabs an FDA scientist, we need someone articulate and eloquent enough to play counter point.
If this sounds like something we can rally behind, I’ll have a few of our graphics folks come up with mockups and provide a spec sheet that we can beat to death until we feel the site has covered (without duplicating) any of the efforts here on ECF.
WebOps will build it and host it, but there has to be a solid consensus of regular members who'll support it or we'll just be another watered down splinter group.
What Say Ye?

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yep. This is gonna stir up some ****e...

I suppose this really can’t be described as a mutiny, as by definition, that would imply there was someone at the helm. I was never a huge fan of the ECA model as users were not included from the beginning. Other than defending Njoy’s interests they seem to be oddly calm in this storm. Perhaps that is due to the advice of their attorneys, but it certainly isn’t representing the best interests of the smaller suppliers and users IMHO
Here are a few concepts to mull over:
· The site MUST be made up of Users and Suppliers. (if it’s supplier’s only – I’m out)
· NO BANNER ADS – no one (including me) can have the appearance of “owning” the site. Sponsors should be listed under a sponsors tab – just like on the ECF.
· The site should have an RSS feed from the ECF with links going back to the forum. Knowledge is power and by directing the uninformed to known resources (like ECF) it helps the public realize there is a growing populace of us out there.
· The whole idea is to promote a sense of unity to counteract ASH’s propaganda. Most local and national media journalists are looking for soundbites and easily digested substantiated quotes. We need to have an easily downloaded document library of these documents that aren’t hearsay or easily discounted reporting sources. Let us provide the counter-point missing from most broadcasts.
· Event Calendar – hearing dates, rulings and decisions – concrete facts.
· Members Calendar (by state) – scheduled gatherings, public events, rallies
· Contact Info – a small group to represent the “face” of the e-cig movement. When the media grabs an FDA scientist, we need someone articulate and eloquent enough to play counter point.
If this sounds like something we can rally behind, I’ll have a few of our graphics folks come up with mockups and provide a spec sheet that we can beat to death until we feel the site has covered (without duplicating) any of the efforts here on ECF.
WebOps will build it and host it, but there has to be a solid consensus of regular members who'll support it or we'll just be another watered down splinter group.
What Say Ye?

Agreed wholeheartedly! Very well stated. In fact, I think we should avoid advertising for our suppliers, period. The ECO should definitely be oriented for the rights of our Supplier businesses, but it should act first and foremost as an advocate for the right of Consumers to use electronic cigarettes.

We will need some experts in our ranks and as active members.

Last edited:

buffaloe420

Jun 13, 2009
B'ville, OK
1st post here. Been vaping for 2 months now during that time have used 2 packs of cigs. One was what had left when got my 401 second bought because forget to grab extra batteries before going to work. Not bad fore someone who smoked pack and half for 36 years. I would join and support this if saw something being done for the cause such as filing a Amicus Curiae brief to the court at the everywhere vs FDA trial. could not afford much maybe $20 every other month. But hey if every member here did the same it would go a long too protect our right to vape. :D

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
WONDERFUL idea.

I'm in. (And I dig the name)

More than happy to donate what time I have. Engineer by trade, but geek at heart - so I get into everything ranging from desktop publishing to writing apps. I have quite a few high end pieces of software (and audiovisual equipment - commercial grade) available to me.

Last edited:

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
1st post here. Been vaping for 2 months now during that time have used 2 packs of cigs. One was what had left when got my 401 second bought because forget to grab extra batteries before going to work. Not bad fore someone who smoked pack and half for 36 years. I would join and support this if saw something being done for the cause such as filing a Amicus Curiae brief to the court at the everywhere vs FDA trial. could not afford much maybe $20 every other month. But hey if every member here did the same it would go a long too protect our right to vape. :D

An epic first post, Buffaloe420!

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm in. what can I do to get this ball rolling?

The goal is essentially...for those of us who are willing...to (metaphorically) manufacture the ball, carry it to the top of the hill, give it a kick start, and when it has finally built up the necessary momentum, pass it to capable CONSUMERS to tend to it for the remainder of its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread