ecogear XL Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
So I decided to take a shot at a new type of battery EcoGear FX 18650 3000mah 40A.
I got a a pack of two for $16 bucks . So far I am really impressed with them . I used them in my smok alien at 65 watts and after 24 hours of heavy vapping they were just under 50 % There is nothing to complain about these , not sure if they are rewraps but these things last . After 30 hours I still did not need to change . I dont see a problem with these things lasting without charge for 2 days . Now I just have to wait and see how they do after a few charge cycles . But these guys are def worth a try .

kvOqhlqm.jpg

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
These are "protected" batteries, they are designed for a long run time and a lot of recharges, the sellers I looked at specify that they are not high drain and not recommended for use in vaping applications.

It looks like there's two versions and one does look to be a high drain battery.
18650 IMR 3000mAh High Drain Flat Top Lithium-ion Batteries (2-Pieces) - EcoGear FX

Still, it's surely a rewrap and not 40amps continuous (In fact, the seller admits it's a pulse rating). If it's really 3000mAh, it might be a 20amp LG.
I really think it's always better to buy a Samsung/LG/Sony, as opposed to some questionable rewrap.
There was one review on Amazon that stated:
" I used a set of these in a noisy cricket and one of my batteries began to lead acid or something after less than 1 month of use."

Reactions: sawlight

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Ahh - sorry, only ones I spotted weren't even high drain.
But yeah - I just stick to known batteries and proven vendors - it's not worth any battery risk to save what's literally a couple bucks ...
Currently running mostly LG HG2's (from before they started getting weird) a couple VTC5As and a couple Samsung 30 Qs. So far, I'm liking the pink ones to replace the LG's when they get old...

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
These are "protected" batteries, they are designed for a long run time and a lot of recharges, the sellers I looked at specify that they are not high drain and not recommended for use in vaping applications.

They put not recommended for vaping on Ejuice as well on amazon . THey say that because all of the Vape products are banned . But yes they are high drain , I did do some research as well which found like all batteries they have both good and bad things said about them . I actually got a free charger that cam with buying them so I have no issues with trying new stuff . Sometimes you just pay for the name like in all things . I have a bunch of spare Samsungs , LG , BrillPowers and Efest. Its not a great charger but its portable and can use car charger for dual charging or a reg plug . Xtar charger .

but so far I really like these batteries that could change in a month or 2 months .

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
They are re-wraps and as such the actual specs are completely unknown. Statements like 'they seem ok', or 'they don't get too hot' give me the fear, it's like driving a car blindfolded.
Stick with batteries by the companies that actually manufacture them like Sony LG Samsung or Panasonic, they will be cheaper and have specs based on reality not fiction.
If the battery hasn't been tested by Mooch, I won't use it, period.

List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Ed_C and Izan

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
They are re-wraps and as such the actual specs are completely unknown. Statements like 'they seem ok', or 'they don't get too hot' give me the fear, it's like driving a car blindfolded.
Stick with batteries by the companies that actually manufacture them like Sony LG Samsung or Panasonic, they will be cheaper and have specs based on reality not fiction.
If the battery hasn't been tested by Mooch, I won't use it, period.

List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

I guess you dont try new foods ? New TV shows ? You could base your fears on anything . I bet your one of those people categorize Pitbulls . Do you wait an hour for your food to cool down so you dont burn your mouth ?

I also use the word ok because I have not had them long enough to say they are super great and a must buy . I also dont buy junk mods or have poor battery safety regardless of the so called name on it .... because even if it was made of 24 k gold and cost 100 bucks per one it could be bad or have problems . But go ahead go donate to mooch and wait. btw I was a Radio op in the Marines go check out life expectancy in war . I made it out ok so a lil battery :D

Thanks for adding substance to thread . I will keep my experiences of items I buy to myself .

Reactions: Garden gnome

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
There's no need to be offended

they are also protected so they should not short or blow up . THey are not recommended for vaping by ecogear , but they are under the assumption vapers dont want protected .... or they are saying that because of vaping being shunned . So far they are still working amazing they dont heat up and get solid vapes all day. More then likely I wont be buying more unless I get a deal like I did with these " Free dual Charger" The charger retails for 25 bucks . Between me and wife we use like 10 different mods during they day because we flavor swap .

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Nobody is trying to offend you, they are trying to offer you good information. The batteries that have a protection circuit are not the right kind of chemistry for vaping. They can vent fire if the circuit fails. The safe chemistry batteries that are used for vaping will not do this. It's not good to buy batteries that are an unknown. These are not a "new" battery, they are something that has been rewraped and until someone tests them, no one knows what the specs of these truly are. Some rewraps are fine and others are factory seconds. Good batteries can be had from reputable dealers for 5-7 bucks each, so there's no real reason to buy a grab bag battery.

Reactions: r77r7r

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
Nobody is trying to offend you, they are trying to offer you good information. The batteries that have a protection circuit are not the right kind of chemistry for vaping. They can vent fire if the circuit fails. The safe chemistry batteries that are used for vaping will not do this. It's not good to buy batteries that are an unknown. These are not a "new" battery, they are something that has been rewraped and until someone tests them, no one knows what the specs of these truly are. Some rewraps are fine and others are factory seconds. Good batteries can be had from reputable dealers for 5-7 bucks each, so there's no real reason to buy a grab bag battery.

.....you relaize that you DO want protected batteries in VV/VW , TC in a Mech Mod is where you would not . But these are really good batteries . I brought them with me to my local BM to play with them in a few mods and tank setups .We also used batteries at store along with a few of their Mods . I only used single and double 18650 mods , since I only have 2 ecogear batteries . he is a couple pics of my batteries and mods used today .

There was a few more but they were the shops and forgot to grab pics . These batteries worked really really well . I feel they did better then Efests and LG , Prob even with samsung maybe a little less. Like I said I got these in a bundle where I got a free $25 battery charger " VC2 by Xtar " I prob will not buy them again unless there is another good combo to be had . It not because I dont like them more that I have plenty of batteries atm .

I also saw in some reviews they may give people some at big discount to review or a big discount to do so .

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I guess you dont try new foods ? New TV shows ? You could base your fears on anything . I bet your one of those people categorize Pitbulls . Do you wait an hour for your food to cool down so you dont burn your mouth ?

I also use the word ok because I have not had them long enough to say they are super great and a must buy . I also dont buy junk mods or have poor battery safety regardless of the so called name on it .... because even if it was made of 24 k gold and cost 100 bucks per one it could be bad or have problems . But go ahead go donate to mooch and wait. btw I was a Radio op in the Marines go check out life expectancy in war . I made it out ok so a lil battery :D

Thanks for adding substance to thread . I will keep my experiences of items I buy to myself .

And you're one of those guys that has to tell everyone he's in the Marines...cool story.

You aren't trying anything new. There are no new battery manufacturers. You're probably using a rewrapped 2nd or 3rd tier battery that EcoGear most likely bought of one of the real battery manufacturers because it didn't pass their QA tests.

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
And you're one of those guys that has to tell everyone he's in the Marines...cool story.

You aren't trying anything new. There are no new battery manufacturers. You're probably using a rewrapped 2nd or 3rd tier battery that EcoGear most likely bought of one of the real battery manufacturers because it didn't pass their QA tests.

Ya being in the Marines does bring cool stories prob better then the ones of incest or beastiality being a hick ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread