• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

ECTA ON TVN! Sunday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
However, we've been informed that the only way the interview will happen is if Jay the vaping Guy is reinstated as a host.

Really? Did this come from an ECTA representative?

I think that everyone wants to hear this interview...info about ECTA has been anticipated for quite a while. I would think that the interview will take place whether or not Jay and TVN are able to work through their issues. That said, I am sure that ECTA too, is eager to have this interview happen. Regardless of the hosting network, I am sure that Jay and ECTA will have a huge audience.

sabyrock

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
OK, Jay does interview on his show right? he ask if i knew some good candidate. Katherine wanted to do it for ECTA, (simple) during the show last night, we were contacted and said the interview will be done by Jay. what ever happen we still don't know. but to have an other host contacting us to do interview? come on. and why should it be someone else? This was our idea because Jay like to do interview. it's not about who get the interview it's trying to find good programming. I even have a Doctor line up for latter in the month.

This should not be an uphill Battle between all of us and you all know it!

freakindahouse

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Gloucester
Dear TVN viewers and fellow vapers,

Sunday evening Jay the vaping Guy was relieved of his position of host here at Total Vaping Network. Many have speculated and assumed the worst about this situation but here is the truth layed out. JeffAKASlinger, creator of the network, is a Canadian. Many of the hosts here at TVN are from Canada or are part Canadian, so their well being is always in our best interest. Any measures that can be implemented to make a better experience for our fellow vapers, Canadian or not, are fully supported and encouraged by TVN.

That being said, we know little about ECTA and what they intend to do and would love to learn more about it. However, we've been informed that the only way the interview will happen is if Jay the Vaping Guy is reinstated as a host. Our decision to let Jay go had nothing to do with ECTA, but issues directly stemming from Jay not respecting the agreement we made when we agreed to let him host here.

That being said, ECTA is more than welcome to express their views and vision on TVN but we will not be bullied into reinstating someone, considering we have a strong stance against bullying within the vaping community. I hope this will answer some questions you have as we are not going to discuss the reasons Jay the Vaping Guy was relieved of his duties as host out of respect for Jay and his privacy but do know that Jay was made aware of the reasons he was let go.

Thank you.

I don't know who could have informed you that the "only way the interview will happen is if Jay the Vaping Guy is reinstated as a host" since in all our discussions since the interview was pulled, we have simply been discussing the fact that I felt very comfortable with Jay, and felt committed to him as my interviewer. We spoke for several hours on the pre-interview, and I was very happy to do the interview with Jay. Obviously, you have to do whatever you believe is right for your network, and I am sure that everyone in ECTA, and I, recognise and respect your right and indeed, responsibility, to do that. At no stage was I aware of anyone suggesting that I would only do the interview if you reinstated Jay to TVN. I DID express my feeling that it was Jay's interview to do, if he felt able to and wanted to. I hope that clarifies our position, and that you and Jay can have the time and privacy to work through whatever issues you may have together.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Was it just an host switch drama thing?

I know I would have liked an interview with karmachine as well as he has some purty interesting insights on the matter.

Just sayin'.

ECTA rep seems to be as upset as the rest of the world on this cancellation switch.

We deserve explanations from TVN as well,transparency and all that.

Last edited:

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Was it just an host switch drama thing?

I know I would have liked an interview with karmachine as well as he has some purty interesting insights on the matter.

Just sayin'.

ECTA rep seems to be as upset as the rest of the world on this cancellation switch.

We deserve explanations from TVN as well,transparency and all that.

Martin, TVN's explanation follows:

Dear TVN viewers and fellow vapers,

Sunday evening Jay the Vaping Guy was relieved of his position of host here at Total Vaping Network. Many have speculated and assumed the worst about this situation but here is the truth layed out. JeffAKASlinger, creator of the network, is a Canadian. Many of the hosts here at TVN are from Canada or are part Canadian, so their well being is always in our best interest. Any measures that can be implemented to make a better experience for our fellow vapers, Canadian or not, are fully supported and encouraged by TVN.

That being said, we know little about ECTA and what they intend to do and would love to learn more about it. However, we've been informed that the only way the interview will happen is if Jay the Vaping Guy is reinstated as a host. Our decision to let Jay go had nothing to do with ECTA, but issues directly stemming from Jay not respecting the agreement we made when we agreed to let him host here.

That being said, ECTA is more than welcome to express their views and vision on TVN but we will not be bullied into reinstating someone, considering we have a strong stance against bullying within the vaping community. I hope this will answer some questions you have as we are not going to discuss the reasons Jay the Vaping Guy was relieved of his duties as host out of respect for Jay and his privacy but do know that Jay was made aware of the reasons he was let go.

Thank you.

WyattDerp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2011
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
We totally understand you being comfortable with a certain person doing the interview and that is fine. All we are saying is that any member of ECTA is welcome to come and talk to us about ECTA and what they intend to do and give more information on the benefits that Canadian vapers will receive. Enough time and drama has been spent on this issue and we just look to move forward from here. Thank you.

JayTheVapingGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
i don't know, nor do i care who did it, but all the work i did to calm the fires down so that Jeff and i could talk about this and potentially get me reinstated was undone and more fires were started and more drama created... i don't care how or anything because I’m done for now....

this sucks for me, obviously, but i have been in Jeff’s position, and he is making the right decision for TVN, even if its the wrong decision for me... His concern, rightly, is to make sure that TVN is protected... there's just no way for Jeff to know with any certainty that I’m telling the truth when i say that i am convinced that i didn’t do anything wrong or that i had nothing to do with him getting pressured to reinstate me... and at this point in time he has to get his network back on track... and that requires leaving me in the dust at this point....

YES... I’m really bummed and upset... I doesn't matter that i understand Jeff’s position and that i think he's doing the right thing for the network... i ....ing hate this, it sucks and its not ....ing fair to me at all and i want to curl up in a ball and cry... but thats my issue, not jeffs or anyone elses to worry about...

in the interim that interview needs to happen... people need to know about ECTA so that they can decide one way or another where they stand... I'm out, i am taking a long break from hosting, Eva Campbell is more than capable of doing a good job of this interview... she's fair objective and no bull.......

With that, i'm out and i'm done... just let this die and go away. if i ever come back at all as a host it will be if/when Jeff invites me back to TVN... if that doesn't happen, i'll see you guys around as another viewer on Stickam or as a reviewer on Youtube in a few weeks or so...

Cheers,

Jaythevapingguy

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
What's so special about TVN? Can't anyone broadcast from stickam?

I mean yeah a hundred or so viewers is cool I guess, but at any given moment you'll find a cute chick brushing her hair on webcam with 500+...

For the record I've only really been on stickam twice, one to see if it worked on my phone, the second on Sunday to see what ecta had to say. In the absence of your show, I was unlucky enough to catch 5 minutes of "live from moms basement with biker guy", and it was terrible. I won't watch it again unless I hear of a specific topic or guest of interest, which I probably won't now because I've stopped caring lol

I guess my point is, content is more important then the network. If you do your own broadcast with interesting material, and promote properly through forums like these, you will easily match or surpass other vape show audiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread