• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

ECTA ON TVN! Sunday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
From HC's advisory...................

"These products come as electronic cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos and pipes, as well as cartridges of nicotine solutions and related products. These products fall within the scope of the Food and Drugs Act, and under the Act, require market authorization before they can be imported, advertised or sold. The sale of these health products is currently not compliant with the Food and Drugs Act since no electronic smoking products have been granted a market authorization in Canada.

I believe it is one of the goals of ECTA to submit HC with ejuice tests & a set of guidelines to grant authorization with compliancy. A lawyer wouldn't be needed for this course of action.

A lawyer would definately be needed to challenge a law. To date, there is no law against e-cigs that I know of.

Well this is the way I see it, anyhow.

Last edited:

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
From HC's advisory...................

"These products come as electronic cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos and pipes, as well as cartridges of nicotine solutions and related products. These products fall within the scope of the Food and Drugs Act, and under the Act, require market authorization before they can be imported, advertised or sold. The sale of these health products is currently not compliant with the Food and Drugs Act since no electronic smoking products have been granted a market authorization in Canada.

(Snipped the rest)

I'm assuming this is now applying only to products containing nicotine. Edit: Either that, or they're granting market authorization to some companies.

I say this because I saw, while picking up a prescription at my local Pharma Plus the other day, what appeared to be an 808 kit on sale, plus replacement cartos and batteries next to it. This was in with all the NRT (which should stand for Not Really Trying) stuff. I think it came in at around $99, and I didn't examine it too closely to see what all it came with. Should've snapped a pic. The one thing I do remember was that it explicitly stated on the box that it contained no nicotine.

Wasn't a SmokeNV, either. Some weird brand I've never heard of and can't remember. Packaging looked pretty slick, though.

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hey Toronto Mike, I thought they said they were not marketing e-cigs & the nic juice as a "health product" or am I wrong on that?

What Tailon said^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm probably the worst person to ask - I'm still confused about the who thing but am just starting to see some light.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread