[EDITED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Curious does anyone know how long Blue Check has been around?
Alex is the founder apparently, and I'm just curious if this was a company
just started up recently because of the regs or if it's been around awhile.
Can't find anything on them except they appear to have been started
up strictly because of the FDA regs.
Hmm. My radar is going off.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Curious does anyone know how long Blue Check has been around?

This is a copy of a post by Alex on another ecig website. Maybe Alex will show up and verify this.

BlueCheckHelpAlex Zeig - BlueCheck[S] 7 points 6 months ago*
How long have you been business? (As in officially operating?)
October 2014, as a Delaware C-Corp
How long have you been providing age verification to the vaping industry?
Specific to the vaping industry, about 4 months. We learned about as the Texas legislation was coming to light, and decided to test the waters. However, we have been doing identity verification (age as a component of identity) since we started.

Reactions: Vadi and mcol

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
This is a copy of a post by Alex on another ecig website. Maybe Alex will show up and verify this.

BlueCheckHelpAlex Zeig - BlueCheck[S] 7 points 6 months ago*
How long have you been business? (As in officially operating?)
October 2014, as a Delaware C-Corp
How long have you been providing age verification to the vaping industry?
Specific to the vaping industry, about 4 months. We learned about as the Texas legislation was coming to light, and decided to test the waters. However, we have been doing identity verification (age as a component of identity) since we started.

Yeah I found out some more info too since posting that. He's on Linked In and other
places. Thank you I was just curious and got to snooping around =)

Vadi

Feb 5, 2015
Whew - took a while to get signed up and ready to post on ECF - but I'm here now and happy to answer any questions that may be floating around.

Glad to see you finally figured it out, but I may be too late. It looks like you haven't signed in since last week. I'll give it a go anyway.

1. Why are you not responding to vendors emails?

2. How do you feel about §1140.16(c)(2)(i)? And why do you think photo ID is a requirement, when it's not even a requirement for actual tobacco?

You repeatedly state that photo ID is required, but there is an explicit exception to requiring photo ID for online sales. The tobacco industry and Veratad have been doing it for years now.

Even EVS agrees.

Edit* @AZatBC signed in today at 4:02PM, but didn't answer the questions.

Last edited:

King_Louie

Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Southern California
It'd be great to get verified once at a secure site and then have an ID to use wherever I choose to shop.

Hi r77r7r - that's actually how BlueCheck currently works.

Once you're verified on any specific site, you're now verified on any site that uses BlueCheck for future purchases. Currently, our network is over 150 sites, and we've got another ~100 slated for release over the course of September.

Hello, im sorry if this is the wrong location for this because it is under 'services for suppliers' but i saw that Alex said this is the only place he can reply.

Im a business man and i realize that this blue check is necessary for the future. If all i have to do is a 1 time sign-up to continue business as usual, im fine with that. This industry needs to be able to adapt to survive, as the FDA has no intention of giving up, we must not either..

Anyway, i have a few things id like to suggest. firstly- maybe create a bluecheck sign-in database? because currently, even though i have already registered with bluecheck, you say that i can use it on any site. That may be true, but it does not stop me from getting bombarded by bluecheck messages on many of these sites.

Anytime i refresh, go to a new page, go to my cart, ETC, this annoying as hell bluecheck thing comes up. That needs to be addressed, as it literally made me postpone my order out of annoyance for awhile.

Secondly, i need a confirmation email that it worked. I dont want to print a page for records. It was to the point i had to email the shop i was ordering from, asking if they got the confirmation on their end. Because again- when i went back to the site to check my order- i was bombarded yet again by Bluecheck messages. This made me doubt whether or not the confirmation that i had done it successfully was legitimate or not. You should work on making it a 1-time, hassle free process that translates across the board.

As in- new website, quick 10 second login to bluecheck (i wont even get in to how you protect your servers and information, just another liability for us consumers) But the point is, if i have to do this, i want to trust 1 medium, possibly you, instead of putting my personal information through every-single-website i want to buy from.

Lets say im buying from kinglouisvapes.com, would they have access to the information i give you? thats a liability.

So many questions, so little time, thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread