Efest 35A Vs VTC5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonhall2

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
cashiers, nc
The Sony is 30A max continuous draw, where the Efest is 35A pulse. I've never been too keen on Efest. They tend to overstate their specs. I have some if the VTC5s, and after a couple of days use, I am thoroughly impressed.

i agree with the sony. i have efest 10A and they are fine for what i do with a vamo v5 max 5A draw. i have sony's ordered for a mech mod. the sony's are long time proven to be dependable and long lasting. don't be fooled by the mah ratings the sony's will still last longer. or get one of each and let us know. welcome to ecf!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've only used Efests in the 14500 and 18350 size, and not been impressed. They're currently out of my battery rotation. I also believe Efest exagerates their specs. I use AW IMR batteries almost exclusively.

Spec-wise the Sony us18650vtc5 2600 mAh 30A and the Efest 2500 mAh 35 amp are close enough that I'd go with the Sony's with the better reputation as an industry leader.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The Sony is 30A max continuous draw, where the Efest is 35A pulse. I've never been too keen on Efest. They tend to overstate their specs. I have some if the VTC5s, and after a couple of days use, I am thoroughly impressed.

What's the source for the Efests being 35A pulse rather than continuous? I haven't seen anything conclusive in that regard.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I don't think that it's been established that these are rebranded LGs. Also, the LGs in question are ICRs, right? Or hybrids close to ICR chemistry? It would seem odd that a battery seller as well known as Efest would label their batteries as IMR if they indeed weren't. I've also found no conclusive information on Efest NOT manufacturing their own batteries, so perhaps they do. My only point is that we shouldn't make absolute statements before we know with absolute certainty. Until then we're only guessing.

EDIT: checked the specs at a battery vendor I trust (they only sell batteries and battery related items, provide more information than any other place I've seen, and appear to be very knowledgeable). They have the Efests down as stated capacity 2500 mAh, minimum capacity 2400 mAh, and c-rating 14 (which adds up to an amp limit of 33.6-35). Also, from the specs I've seen there seems to be a slight difference in the reported dimensions of the Efests and the LGs, although so slight that it simply might be due to measuring errors.

Last edited:

dabears34

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Columbus, OH
Just received my vtc5's today, and after comparing the two freshly off the charger i can conclude that the vtc5's blow the efest 35a out of the water. That's not to say that the efest 35a aren't great batteries, the vtc5's are just better.
Mine came today and they are charging right now, can't wait to see how much better they perform than my AW IMR's. What specifically did you notice in practical use difference between the Sony's and the Efest?

jonhall2

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
cashiers, nc
vape mail came today with two vtc3s and contact pin for my kayfun. built a 1.4ohm coil for the kayfun. tried it on a vamo v5 and switched to a mech mod(no pulsing) with a fresh efest 10a. good vape but performance lagged in a short while. the sonys were charging so slow i turned the charger up to 1amp. man what a difference the sonys make. it hits instantly and after three hours of enjoying the kayfun there are still 3.9v available. the efest fell to that level in one hour. considering only 1600mah sony vs. 2250mah efest, i will buy more sonys. do all efest pulse power? first knowledge of this i have read.

Bazooka_Tooth

Jan 13, 2014
United States
Mine came today and they are charging right now, can't wait to see how much better they perform than my AW IMR's. What specifically did you notice in practical use difference between the Sony's and the Efest?

I've never used AW imr's but i'm sure you'll notice a difference. I don't have one of those devices that measure voltage under load, but it looks to me like the vtc5's have a significantly less voltage drop. My .8 ohm dual micro coil set up was defiantly producing more vapor with the vtc5's as opposed to the efest 35a.

lidl_yogurt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Po
I don't think that it's been established that these are rebranded LGs. Also, the LGs in question are ICRs, right? Or hybrids close to ICR chemistry? It would seem odd that a battery seller as well known as Efest would label their batteries as IMR if they indeed weren't. I've also found no conclusive information on Efest NOT manufacturing their own batteries, so perhaps they do. My only point is that we shouldn't make absolute statements before we know with absolute certainty. Until then we're only guessing.

EDIT: checked the specs at a battery vendor I trust (they only sell batteries and battery related items, provide more information than any other place I've seen, and appear to be very knowledgeable). They have the Efests down as stated capacity 2500 mAh, minimum capacity 2400 mAh, and c-rating 14 (which adds up to an amp limit of 33.6-35). Also, from the specs I've seen there seems to be a slight difference in the reported dimensions of the Efests and the LGs, although so slight that it simply might be due to measuring errors.

Here, just translate the page: EFEST, EH… ces batteries Sony et LG rebrandées : DiY Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread