Efest

Status
Not open for further replies.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I only use the 18xxx series batteries but with those and any "new" batteries that may drop, here is an easy way to find out. Look and see what Sony, Samsung, Panasonic and etc. make or have out. Efest is a Chinese company that buy 2nd and/or 3rd tier batteries, rewraps them with their label and at times list the pulse rating not the CDR. So to find out you'd have to look for a name brand 26650 with that MAH and a 40 amp CDR or pulse.

I know that's not what you were asking for but hope it helps.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Anyone know if the 26650 Efest Purple 4200mAh IMR26650 is really a 40amp CD battery

IMO it's extremely unlikely that battery is good to 40A continuous. Have a look at Mooch's 26650 test results. Ho didn't do that batt, but the only one that he rated over 20A was a MNKE 3500 mAh cell. Efest does not make batteries, they re-wrap cells from various manufacturers. The Keeppower is listed 4200 mAh so it might be the same battery. Mooch rated that one at 20A.

Keep in mind also that any of the re-wrap battery suppliers can change the batteries they are using any time they feel like it and the specs will likely change then. I stick with manufacturer branded batts because I expect their ratings not to change over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread