Effect of e-cig use on the number of smoked cigarettes per day

What effect has taking up daily use of an e-cig or PV had on the cigarettes per day (CPD) you smoke.

• Smoke more CPD now than before

• Smoke the same number of CPD as before

• Smoke fewer CPD than before

• Don't smoke at all any more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
If you use e-cigarettes (or a PV) every day, what effect has this had on the number of tobacco cigarettes you smoke per day? The researchers refer to this measure as CPD.

If you did not smoke before taking up use of a PV, don't select an answer in the poll, because use of PVs by non-smokers is a different issue and deserves its own poll.

Last edited:

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
After 37 years averaging 1.5 packs a day it was beginning to effect me badly. No bad diagnoses, but it was only a matter of time.

I had tried several methods of quitting before, including spending a small fortune on the patch, all to no avail. I tried a mall kiosk ecig in 2008 or 2009 and it was good enough to get me through long airport travels, but it just didn't work to get me to stop smoking. Last year somebody let me try one of the newer technology PVs and it was nearly perfect. I bought my own and haven't felt the need to smoke since. That was 8 months ago.

Wheezing in bed - gone.
30 minute morning hack - gone.
Stamina - improving greatly.

Plus all the other benefits mentioned all over this forum.

Was an habitual smoker for 20+ years and I started young, there wasn't a day I didn't smoke in all that time.
I'm now three months without a cigarette, stubbed out my last the morning my PV arrived and haven't looked back.
The chronic cough I was harbouring for six months dissipated within two weeks of vaping and my chest x-rays have come back clear [sigh of relief ;].
After watching both my grandmothers lose their life to smoking related diseases, I won't be going back!

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
84% no longer smoke. I hope it stays that high with more votes.

Maybe people aren't voting because on the surface, if you have quit tobacco, it seems a silly question.

No tobacco here. That's already 5,000 not smoked.

and yet, there are people out there who don't believe it, or can't afford to believe it.

I answered. :)

montara

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Nor-Cal
As a PAD smoker for over 30 years I knew it was time to quit for good. Having done the Dr./drug route, hypnosis and even cold turkey several times, nothing stuck and I always fell off the wagon. The problem was I didn't WANT to quit.
June 2012 I was in Las Vegas on business and ran into someone using an ecig and she said something that turned on the light for me. She said "I don't want to quit nicotine, I just needed to find a different delivery system than cigarettes". That was it, I returned home and hit the net and found this forum.
ECF has changed my life for all the reasons stated above and more. July 4 marks my one year analog free and knowing how much I enjoy vaping I know I will NEVER return to smoking and I have a new hobby!
After stimulating the economy by trying MANY devices and e-liquids, I am now very content with my current setups. Landing on RBA's and DIY juice no one can ever take away my vice...
Thank you Vocalek for all you do and fellow ECF supporters for without you this would not be possible.
(And yes, I am a contributing member of CASAA).

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Story Bump

I was a PAD+ Smoker for Over 20 Years.

I tried EVER Method to Quit. Some worked for Short Periods of Time. 2~4 Weeks. Some didn't work at all.

Switching to e-Cigarettes was not Painless. I needed to ramp down my use of Cigarettes as I Ramp Up my use of e-Cigarettes using 28mg and at times, 36mg e-Liquids.

After 6 weeks I was Cigarette Free.

Then I slowly, over the next 6 months, reduced my Nicotine level down to 12mg. I now use 12mg during the Day and 0mg on Most nights.

Since I switched to e-Cigarettes, I have Lowered my Blood Pressure and my Cardiovascular Capacity has Vastly increased. My MD is somewhat amazed by my treadmill performance before and after.

I know that I would never have been able to Quit Smoking without using an e-Cigarette.

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
After smoking for 45+ years & numerous failed attempts to quit I finally decided to give e-cigs a try in March 2012.
I was astounded that on the first day I went from 30 cigs a day down to 4-5 a day, and in about 6 weeks I quit smoking totally. I started at 24mg/ml and gradually I worked it down to 14mg/ml where I will probably stay at unless our nannies go overboard. If they do then I will have to ween myself off of the nic because I refuse to go back to inhaling burnt tobacco! I treasure being able to take a deep breath and do not miss the constant hacking coughs at all.

Vape On!!

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I have been a smoker for 20+ years and i was able to get down to 3-5 smokes the first few days and then 1 at night a few days after that. Within a week of using the ecig i stopped analogs, i am now 3 weeks analog free. I am out of my favorite ejuice. But what i have right now is working too. I am looking forward to the shop here in town to reopen on Wednesday to get my favorite juice again.

I am also thinking i am ready to get some lower nic to try out. Right now i am at 12ml. Started out with 16ml.

If i am reading this poll correctly. As of right now 79 people have voted and 66 out of 79 people have quit analogs?!:thumb::headbang::vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread