Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS

the_souvenir

Nov 15, 2016

the_souvenir

Nov 15, 2016
I clean mine all the time sometimes soak in hot water sometimes vodka then water soak depending on how gunked up they are one thing is clean them before you get a burnt taste I clean mine as soon as taste changes or vape amount goes down.

Interesting. Do you find it prolongs the life of the coil? How long do yours usually last? How hot is the water you soak it in? Boiling? Thanks for the reply.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everybody,
I was wondering if anybody had any experience cleaning their coils with this model. I've read elsewhere of people boiling coils, etc., as a way of re-using them. Will this work with my coils? Any thoughts?
Thanks!

most pre-made with cotton coils aren't really reuseable or cleanable.
Well said.
Might want to check out RDTA?

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Usually its just gunked up cotton not so much the coil. Before I got into rebuilding I just ran them under the tap a min or so. put your finger over the end and blow out as much as you can through other end. Wrap in paper towel, few more blows then store them away and use next coil. You can do that to each 3 or 4 times before it's nasty. If you don't want to rebuild the BF RBA they are still a good option because you can just remove cotton, dry burn coil, run it under water, dry burn again and they look brand new for couple months easy. Just replace the cotton.

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
Interesting. Do you find it prolongs the life of the coil? How long do yours usually last? How hot is the water you soak it in? Boiling? Thanks for the reply.
Have done it both ways. As to how long they last not sure have some that are a year old. In a year of vaping have only tossed about 4 or 5 coils

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Have done it both ways. As to how long they last not sure have some that are a year old. In a year of vaping have only tossed about 4 or 5 coils
Yeah I agree, I disagree with the other statements made above. Most prebuilt coils are all reuseable and cleanable... even rebuildable. Cleaning and how long it prolongs life all depends on juice and watts. If your running thick sweet juices, dark juices or high watts they'll get 3 or 4 extra uses each but if you use not to sweet clear juices at normal or low watts they'll last till the wire burns out really. As long as the wick don't burn or get burnt sweetner in it its good for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread