Ego Atomizer Base Failures Using Provari

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by Stevensbox, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Stevensbox

Stevensbox Full Member

Hi,
    Been using Ego T & C system with juices like Bodas Bounty (100% VG) since the new year and loving it ever since I found a solid fix for the leaking issue. Recently bought a Provari with Ego thread adaptor and discovered the joy of variable voltage. So I pretty much abandoned the Ego battery (saved as emergency backup) and use the Ego tank/cone/atomizer/base portion on my Provari with thread adaptor. What I thought was bad atomizers turned out to be the bases not working (I have 4 sets which I switched heads with atomizers until I figured it out). They seem like a simple part but I have 3 out of 4 now that do nothing. Like there is a broken connection. Is there a known issue with my set up (Provari with Ego set up)? Do the bases go bad? Is there another choice? The only methods I find as satisfying but not convenient is direct dripping into Ego high resistance atomizers & drip tip; cartomizers have a funny taste, waste juice, and are hard to fill with 100% VG. I bought a surge tank, but that thing is HUGE. Any advice is well appreciated. Thanks.

2. rolygate

rolygate Forum Manager Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    You could get one of these, for using an atty and driptip without any hassle. There is also a cheap version somewhere that just has a bottle and cable tie that you can just fix to your Provari.

Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.

There aren't all that many options for those who prefer a dripped atty to cartos etc:

1. Plain atty and driptip: drip 3 drops
    2. Atty with bonuts: drip 6 drops
    3. SuperT VapeMate
    4. El cheapo version with bottle & cable tie
    5. Get one of the rebuildable atty/tank systems like a Genesis (if you can afford it, if you can actually get one)
    6. Use a bottom feeder like a Reo

There is another option that might come in one day, the atty tank. It needs a 510 atty with an XL body in order to start dev work.

3. WillyB

WillyB Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Well it almost sounds like a connection issue.

The eGo adapters I use have an adjustable center post.

[​IMG]

Similar to this.

[​IMG]

Might just be a matter of making it a tad longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.