eGo battery button flashing - Low or Dead

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by euphos, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. euphos

euphos Full Member

Noticed the last drag I took on my eGo that the battery button LED was flashing. Does that mean the battery is dead or just running low?

I've got a 50 minute drive home from work, so either it's going to be a LONG drive home (in construction none the less), or I stop and pick up a pack of anaolgs :nah:

Glad my second charger is on the way! I'll never leave the house without a spare battery or charger from now on! Was just in a rush this morning, and forgot.

2. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I know when my Riva flashes about 10 times....it's dead...:(

3. fritos1

fritos1 Super Member ECF Veteran

its dead I always have 2 batts on me charged and my usb charger on me so I can charg at the office dont want to be caught in your shoes.

4. euphos

euphos Full Member

Thanks for the help. Too bad Marlboro doesn't make an RY4 analog. Have to settle for the gold pack I guess.

5. floridamale

floridamale Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

6. Ckitt

Ckitt Full Member

This happened to me today with my 510. Dead battery, caught at work for about 3 hours with no battery. Won't make that mistake again. Ordering a few items to help battery life out, i.e. a passthrough, usb charger, extra batteries. This way i can save the batteries for work or trips out of the house, while using the passthrough at home.

7. radicaljd

radicaljd Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wouldn't it be easier to get an eGo? Mine last all day at work on a single charge. I start out with a fresh battery early in the morning and have a spare charged up. Around 4:00 p.m. I switch out the battery to carry me through the rest of the day and evening. No need for pass-throughs, etc.

RadicalJD

8. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I had that happen with my Ego on my way somewhere one night and had to stop and pay $4.50 for a pack of analogs. Bummer. I had extra carts but no batteries with me. Even with the charge life of the Ego, you have to think about whether it's fresh charged when you leave the house. They last so long it's easy to take them for granted.

9. Ckitt

Ckitt Full Member

I was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if the battery was longer then the original 510 or not. I could go for a good 6-8 hour battery, cause the puny 510 is only lasting me 4 hours at most. Pretty sure if I added the total up on the 2 xtra batteries, passthrough, and the charger that it would come up to close to the same total as an ego though.

10. Para

Para Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Save your batteries and get a Passthru for when you are driving

11. floridamale

floridamale Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I agree :toast:

12. sklammy

sklammy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

means its dead, it would be nice to get a low batt indicator

13. jrmithdobbs

jrmithdobbs Full Member

Is there such a thing as a 12v -> 2x5v usb car adapter?

I've thought about getting a passthrough for the car, but charging the phone is more important. (I have 2x900mAh ego batteries on me all the time anyways.)

14. euphos

euphos Full Member

What's the passthru for the eGo? Is the Janty one the only choice? I suppose I could just get a 510 Passthru for the car ride too.

Did order one of the Mega (900mAh) eGo batteries & Mega Atty & Carts that I'll be using as my main PV from now on. Should be here after the holiday. I'll save the two standard eGo's from the kit for other uses. My wife suggested having a PV party with different flavors in the 3 I'll have now!

15. warbdan

warbdan Moved On ECF Veteran

Happens to me a lot! My 510 batts last about 2 or 3 hours tops, so at work I hit em easy.

16. LJHJH

LJHJH Full Member

I have a charger at work and at home. I always carry 3 batteries with me. I'm scared to death of having to buy analogs. They taste terrible!

17. mutt4a

mutt4a Senior Member ECF Veteran

510 passthru w/ battery for the car. cool part is that its a fully charged battery on "standby" in the car all the time. So on the rare occasions the ego dies, i can just grab the passthru and at least use it. You can even use it walking around (on the battery power), and plug it back in at the office

for $15 bucks its the safety net that really nobody should leave home without.

18. myrc60

myrc60 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Passthrough in the car would be nice but my lighter doesn't work so its a no go.

19. PaulCincy

PaulCincy Super Member ECF Veteran

Yes to the passthrough...Have one for the computer and also the car....You wouldn't believe how much
    that saves me from charging my Egos and Mega-510s....Nice to be covered where-ever you go...
    Enjoy the Adventure...

20. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I got a pt...but I am not happy with it...Need a better one...shopping around..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.