ego battery internal thread gone bad so battery will not screw on and will not charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

divyabhatia

Sep 20, 2014
hi guys I bought 2 ego batteries from ecigindia.com,they are out of warrantee period and wont be replaced,the internal thread that screws onto the charger has gone bad and it will not screw on now so i'm not able to charge the battery, is there any way to repair this or fix it ?I cant afford to keep spending money of new batteries every 3 months please help this happened even thoug I have been using the original vapin charger that came with the battery starter kit please help

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
I've had that problem - those cheap ego batteries are made out of inferior steel and the threads strip easily.
I've managed to get them to charge by rolling up a small strip of paper, flattening it out and use it to jam the battery on the charger, but it's fiddly and inconsistent (and probably dangerous). Also you can try using a rubber band to hold them together which sometimes works, but again it's fiddly.

Moral: Don't buy really cheap batteries

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Another thing to add...is when you get a new battery just try to watch how tight you screw your tank on. I stripped my first VTR mod by always tighting down the tank too tight...bad mistake to learn on a 100 dollar mod!!:facepalm::mad: Im on mod 3 now and have not messed up anymore threads!!! wheres the wood to knock on??

I just use my forehead to knock on. There never seems to be anyone there though.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
hi guys I bought 2 ego batteries from ecigindia.com,they are out of warrantee period and wont be replaced,the internal thread that screws onto the charger has gone bad and it will not screw on now so i'm not able to charge the battery, is there any way to repair this or fix it ?I cant afford to keep spending money of new batteries every 3 months please help this happened even thoug I have been using the original vapin charger that came with the battery starter kit please help

Short answer: no.

The 510 thread interface is really a cigalike sized interface unsuitable for todays larger tanks.

If you continue to use ego batteries with 510 threaded tanks, try to get "Beauty rings".

1406001-1.jpg

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
The type of metal is what makes a world of difference. Quality stainless threads don't strip; mystery metal does. size of tank makes no difference. I use big, heavy XL carto tanks on my devices and have never had a problem with stripped threading; neither has anyone I know of with the same setups.
The best eGo sized kit is a ProVape-1, but many would simply keep buying $30 PRC devices and replacing them when they fail, with something else which will fail...

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
You must be gentle. The electrical contact just needs to make contact. I never tighten anything down, just snug it up a little and leave it. I have given things away or sold things to friends and they have come back in a day or week later complain that the threads stripped like it was my fault.

Super tight doesnt make it work any better than just making contact.

divyabhatia

Sep 20, 2014
I've had that problem - those cheap ego batteries are made out of inferior steel and the threads strip easily.
I've managed to get them to charge by rolling up a small strip of paper, flattening it out and use it to jam the battery on the charger, but it's fiddly and inconsistent (and probably dangerous). Also you can try using a rubber band to hold them together which sometimes works, but again it's fiddly.

Moral: Don't buy really cheap batteries

In india these aren't cheap and good batteries cost as much as 3000 to 6000 indian rupees + they are only available online

divyabhatia

Sep 20, 2014
You must be gentle. The electrical contact just needs to make contact. I never tighten anything down, just snug it up a little and leave it. I have given things away or sold things to friends and they have come back in a day or week later complain that the threads stripped like it was my fault.

Super tight doesnt make it work any better than just making contact.
thanks i'll keep that in mind

divyabhatia

Sep 20, 2014
Short answer: no.

The 510 thread interface is really a cigalike sized interface unsuitable for todays larger tanks.

If you continue to use ego batteries with 510 threaded tanks, try to get "Beauty rings".

1406001-1.jpg

these are not available in india.ordering from china or ebay.com will taje 40 days to reach me if the paxkage is not stopped by customs or lost in mail which leaves me in the same place I started as I need to charge my battery somehow and don't want to smoke

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
In india these aren't cheap and good batteries cost as much as 3000 to 6000 indian rupees + they are only available online

Just had to look up the exchange rate for that. You're paying three times what we're paying in the UK for a cheap battery.

Sounds like a business opportunity for someone.

I don't know if this is of any use but I've found the Evod batteries to be better quality than the Ego ones, price for price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread