Ego battery not taking charge and blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some old ego batteries that I gave to my friend who is new to vaping and a couple days after I gave them to him he gave me his problem. The charger was not turning red when he plugged in the battery and now whenever he tries to vape the button just flashes 15 times. I would like to know whether it is a fix or if I should scrap the battery use the connector for other projects I am working on. If anyone knows of a solution that would be great but if not then I guess my friend will have to wait to vape until his new battery arrives.

I have some old ego batteries that I gave to my friend who is new to vaping and a couple days after I gave them to him he gave me his problem. The charger was not turning red when he plugged in the battery and now whenever he tries to vape the button just flashes 15 times. I would like to know whether it is a fix or if I should scrap the battery use the connector for other projects I am working on. If anyone knows of a solution that would be great but if not then I guess my friend will have to wait to vape until his new battery arrives.

Same problem here, but it's a new battery. Is it a charger with 7inches of wire between the two components or all in one CE 4.2V-420mA.

Runamok3x

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
New Paltz, NY, USA
Could also be that one of the wires became disconnected from connector.
I had this happen to one of mine.
That 510/ego connector can be carefully removed. You tube it.
You will have about an inch of working room.
I took mine off and the center pin wire broke free from the solder.
Took my soldering iron and in few minutes had it soldered back and it works fine now.
Please only attempt this is you have the skills, tools, knowledge and confidence required.

Edit: here is a video http://youtu.be/nNpj6uFg_ks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread