Ego battery wont fire after charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

withravenoushunger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I just got 2 Ego batteries and 2 Evods today. They were working great for a while but after I charged them, they stopped firing. After taking them off the charger, the battery would work fine. The buttons would light up and go in and out of sleep. But when I attached my Evod, it stopped working. The light would flash once and not work at all. It's doing this for both batteries and evods. It seems like it's shorting but I dont see why it would. I believe they are 1.8 and 2.2. The batteries I have now are Ego C. My older ego works fine with them. I am also getting a chemical like taste from them too.

Last edited:

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
check your batts with a voltage meter see if any voltage at all is coming out at the end , my sister just sent me a brand new ego c that did not work the button lit up so i checked it had 1.3v coming out the problem was the ground solder joint came loose so all i did was resolder and now it works like a champ . if you do have to take it apart its very easy the top pulls straight out with alittle side to side wiggle and a pair of pliers wraped with cloth to keep any scarring to a min.

withravenoushunger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
check your batts with a voltage meter see if any voltage at all is coming out at the end , my sister just sent me a brand new ego c that did not work the button lit up so i checked it had 1.3v coming out the problem was the ground solder joint came loose so all i did was resolder and now it works like a champ . if you do have to take it apart its very easy the top pulls straight out with alittle side to side wiggle and a pair of pliers wraped with cloth to keep any scarring to a min.

I don't have anything to test the voltage. But for some reason it seems to work randomly. They were being difficult all night, but seem fine right now.

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
I have that problem every once in a while. It seems the positive contact on the battery gets "mashed down" just a hair and fails to make a good connection with your atomizer. I keep a tiny little screwdriver (from an eye glasses repair kit) in my kit. If you very, very, very carefully work it around the edges of the little contact disk in the end of the battery and ever so slightly pry up on it, just a tiny little bit, it'll correct the bad connection. ****be sure to turn the battery OFF first, I assume it would short out otherwise****.

Be very gentle, you just need to pull it up a hair. It's worked every time for me. I read this little trick somewhere on this board a while back before I ever had the problem and remembered it so was prepared when it happened to me.

Did I mention to be very careful, gentle, and just barely pull it up a tiny little bit?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I have two different ego batteries from two different vendors and when I put them side by side I can see that the ego threading on one battery is lower(<1mm) than on the other one, which causes the center pin to get pushed down just enough so it won't make contact with my charger whenever I put a T3 on that battery. It's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread