Not open for further replies.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, my knob finally broke. Something was getting wrong with it where it would barely turn at all, and then poof, now it spins freely. Supposidly you don't need the "stoppers" as it will still work. Sure, it still works wherever it broke free at, but the voltage isn't changing when i turn it, luckily it didn't break at a lower setting. Not sure this was worth the money now :( And all this time I've been telling people how great it is :( Wish there was a way we could fix it ourselves instead of spending $70 every 2 months on a new one cause it breaks that often....

They have a warranty, one of mine stopped working and I sent it back and they sent me a new one.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
Well, my knob finally broke. Something was getting wrong with it where it would barely turn at all, and then poof, now it spins freely. Supposidly you don't need the "stoppers" as it will still work. Sure, it still works wherever it broke free at, but the voltage isn't changing when i turn it, luckily it didn't break at a lower setting. Not sure this was worth the money now :( And all this time I've been telling people how great it is :( Wish there was a way we could fix it ourselves instead of spending $70 every 2 months on a new one cause it breaks that often....

I'm sorry to hear that Mike. I love mine too! Doesn't it come with a one year manufacturer warranty? I thought I read that somewhere. Did you contact Jack?

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
You just go ahead and run your Ego Booster at max setting 24-7. It won't give out on you anytime soon, and we offer a one-year manufacturer's warranty on the electronics.

TBL36

Looks like if it just stops working altogether, not if it "breaks" :( I've been using it non-stop since I got it. It still works, I tried my cartotank on the battery alone, and with the booster, and there's definately more heat and throat hit with the booster. It's just no longer adjustable. And then I'd have to pay to ship it back to canada, be without it for however long that takes, then maybe get it back fixed, though probably not as I remember seeing somewhere, though not in this thread, that they don't fix broken knobs. Kinda like, it's a design flaw they know about, don't know how to get around it, so they're just letting us know that "hey, it's probably gonna break, we're just letting you know so we're not liable for it when it does". That's my guess :(

Looks like if it just stops working altogether, not if it "breaks" :( I've been using it non-stop since I got it. It still works, I tried my cartotank on the battery alone, and with the booster, and there's definately more heat and throat hit with the booster. It's just no longer adjustable. And then I'd have to pay to ship it back to canada, be without it for however long that takes, then maybe get it back fixed, though probably not as I remember seeing somewhere, though not in this thread, that they don't fix broken knobs. Kinda like, it's a design flaw they know about, don't know how to get around it, so they're just letting us know that "hey, it's probably gonna break, we're just letting you know so we're not liable for it when it does". That's my guess :(

The problem is that I don't want to run full max all the time especially when I'm dripping. I find it too hot. Vaping preferences are very subjective you know. So running full max until the electronics quit, if they do, is not a really great solution, IMO. That's why I pretty much went to just using LR atomizers and cartomizers. I don't regret buying the booster per se, but I am concerned about the durability of the dial.

Seattle40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
Seattle,Wa
Had mine about 3 weeks. I wouldn't sell it for... 80 bucks !! I love it.. I use my 1000mah passthru with a 1.7 Ressurector XL and Ming drip tip and find I can do 3.3-3.6 for a cool vape, or 3.7-4.0 for a warm vape. Pop in a Boge 2.0, 3.0, or a dual coil and pick your flavor/temp spot.. I did get 9 hours of heavy vaping with a 3.0 yesterday.. lots of flavor and lots of vapor..

It is almost 9 inches long, but wouldn't care if it was a foot long.. I may get another, but just ordered a VV, off brand Ego type passthru that I'll try first. I hear good and bad things about those...we'll see.

I could have went mod , I could have went Darwin, but as of right now.. I have found... "IT" ...lol
Just wish I could have skipped over the whole Ego-Tank & cartridge phase.. Just didn't work for me.

I don't know all the tech data or watts or how it all works... To be honest, I don't really care..

I realize that 2 months without a single drag on an analog, I am still a noobie, but, IMHO, as for the booster...All of you Ego users...if you can... get one !!

Thanks for reading, and good luck all.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP

Ouch, is this your replacement EB that broke? My replacement is still going but the knob makes me very nervous. I keep a velcro cable tie thing around it and just leave the top exposed so I can turn it. Keep us in the loop? I think it should be covered by warranty still, but if its not I would definitely like to know.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I've never had it replaced. I've been very busy after work with the kids and haven't had a chance to email them about it yet. Electronically, it still mostly functions. It's just no longer adjustable. With the silver part separated from the body, I have to be careful with how I hold it, else it falls apart. I don't like wasting $70 when I only make $200 a week :(

thinblueline36

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC Canada
Woodchuck111 & GIMike,

If your Ego Boosters no longer have adjustable voltage, we at Artisan Vaping consider that to be broken. If the dial turns freely but there's no effect on voltage then it's not a pot-stop issue.

Our website (artisanvaping.com) is down today (Oct 11) but please email Jack at Happy Vaper about your issue and we'll look after you.

Regards,
TBL36

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
That is good to hear. I was always extremely careful with it, but it got to the point where it would hardly turn at all. Then one day it just turned freely with no adjustment to the voltage as mentioned by thinblueline36. Course, shortly thereafter is when the body separated. I'm so very glad they're willing to help us with this as I've recommended the EB to everybody I've talked with my ecig about. To me, this is the best thing to happen to the ego since the ego came out ;)

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
After toppling over a few times the black paint chipped off in a few places so I ended up scrapping the rest of it off . Under the paint is a Steel looking surface that does not appear to be Stainless Steel . I guess I should paint it ASAP before I get any rust . I was tempted to have it gold plated but the kits for that seem to be too much money for such a small job . Any advice or painting tips might help me out .

UglyStick2.jpg

Last edited:

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
After toppling over a few times the black paint chipped off in a few places so I ended up scrapping the rest of it off . Under the paint is a Steel looking surface that does not appear to be Stainless Steel . I guess I should paint it ASAP before I get any rust . I was tempted to have it gold plated but the kits for that seem to be too much money for such a small job . Any advice or painting tips might help me out .

I came home to find the rubber on several ego batts I had left on my desk starting to liquify (who knew that the humidity here could do that to rubber). After a suggestion from here, I wrapped the rubber part with electrical tape. This is clearly not painting advice (I have no clue how to do that) but electrical tape worked pretty well on my Ego batts, so just an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread