Ego - c , B-type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

20by21

Aug 19, 2012
Houston
I didn't ever notice the difference in the number of grooves inside the spike, but makes sense.

I stopped soaking atty heads in Vodka due to some rumours of the Vodka damagind the wick. They could be wrong though..

Cy

I don't know if it damages the wick but I find that if I clean my ego - c type A atty I used during the day each night in simple water, I can keep them running well and tasting great for a long time. Vodka is fairly benign but it scares me when people talk of using rubbing alcohol, toluene, acetone, etc to clean attys.

Cyblood

Aug 24, 2010
Malta, EU
After all you can't risk having residues of toluene, acetone etc in the vapour and into your lungs!

I clean the heads every 3-5 days by a simple dry burn and soak in hot water. I have heads that have been running for months on end by this simple method. Also, the wick lasts longer than I originally thought.

My biggest problem is that I have brand new heads that are sealed in their original blister packaging, and when opened for first time used, I'm finding that that's supposed to be primer, would have turned to a whitish creamy substance, rendering the heads pretty unusable as it would produce a burnt taste as in problematic wicking, and even after a torough cleaning, the nasty taste still remains, so I would have to toss them.

So much for investing in these!!

ADDED: This is happening on both Type As and Type Bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread