Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Thanks for the info BuGlen

I am not a heavy smoker so 6 hours would do me fine and i would prefer the smaller form factor - so i think that the 1050 e power would work for me....except i cannot find this in the UK....the larger (black) version yes, but i dont want this larger form factor

So I am back to square 1 with which e cig to get, as i cant find a US supplier that ships to the UK (as yet) the e power 1050

RE The import of e juice, yes maybe a problem for Australia as they are VERY .... about customs. I will look into that in more detail

RE Battery quality - Yes this could well cause issue, and i know this so i will source high end batteries. Perhaps you know of a decent supplier?

Thanks

Phil

It's a little tough to figure out who will do international shipping without going to each individual site. Did you try CrystalClearVaping.com? I think Liberty-Flights.com has them. They have a U.K. site as well, so I'm sure they'd ship to you.
LitecigUSA.net has them and also madvapes.com

For batteries, it's a little tougher. You should probably check places that specialize in batteries and see if one of the better manufacturers has that size available.

Cloudsofvapor.com has high drain 14650s and they ship internationally. There are other 14650's out there, but they aren't high drain, so I wouldn't mess with them.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
It's a little tough to figure out who will do international shipping without going to each individual site. Did you try CrystalClearVaping.com? I think Liberty-Flights.com has them. They have a U.K. site as well, so I'm sure they'd ship to you.
LitecigUSA.net has them and also madvapes.com

For batteries, it's a little tougher. You should probably check places that specialize in batteries and see if one of the better manufacturers has that size available.

Cloudsofvapor.com has high drain 14650s and they ship internationally. There are other 14650's out there, but they aren't high drain, so I wouldn't mess with them.

Hi Sailorman

Madvapes are out of stock...but lots of -ve reviews on there, not sure if there stock was generic or not? They appear to do international shipping and have to ask for a quote.

Crystal clear vapour do not ship internationally

Liberty Flights only do the larger version which i don't want

Litecig are out of stock

Are there no other e cigs as good or better than the e power out there, that are not huge ?

Cheers

Phil

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Yes, there are other e-cigs that are reliable and take separate batteries out there. Unfortunately, most of them cost significantly more. The main problem, besides the price, is that they aren't mass produced, so they have a limited distribution network and it's up to the particular vendor whether or not they'll ship internationally. I know you want something compact. My absolute first recommendation would be the Baby Bullet. The distributor ships internationally, but I believe they are out of stock.

There are a lot of alternatives, but like I say, they're all pretty high-end products and significantly more expensive than the e-Power. The e-Power is the only good, relatively compact e-cig with replaceable batteries I know of at that price point. Everything else is a sealed battery type, or bigger or junk.

If you get to the $100 range, there are models from SuperTmanufacturing that would fit the bill, as well as a few others that I can't recall without noodling it over some.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Yes, there are other e-cigs that are reliable and take separate batteries out there. Unfortunately, most of them cost significantly more. The main problem, besides the price, is that they aren't mass produced, so they have a limited distribution network and it's up to the particular vendor whether or not they'll ship internationally. I know you want something compact. My absolute first recommendation would be the Baby Bullet. The distributor ships internationally, but I believe they are out of stock.

There are a lot of alternatives, but like I say, they're all pretty high-end products and significantly more expensive than the e-Power. The e-Power is the only good, relatively compact e-cig with replaceable batteries I know of at that price point. Everything else is a sealed battery type, or bigger or junk.

If you get to the $100 range, there are models from SuperTmanufacturing that would fit the bill, as well as a few others that I can't recall without noodling it over some.

It looks like AltSmoke has the Baby Bullet in stock, but I don't know if they ship internationally. Also, with this one you're getting close to the $100 mark, so it's probably not your most affordable option.
AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | The BB - The BB - Starter Kits

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
STOP THE PRESSES!! The Baby Bullet is back in stock. I cannot rave about this e-cig enough.
It's compact. Takes 14500 750mah batteries. It's indestructible and could be the only e-cig you ever need.
I have one of these and I've run over it with a tow truck, dunked it in the Gulf of Mexico, buried it in mud and dropped it out the window of a moving vehicle more than once. After 2 years of daily use and abuse, it still works like new and looks presentable.

This is the highest quality, most durable and reliable compact e-cig you'll ever come across. They'll ship internationally and after seeing the Precise, they're a bargain. I suggest you snatch one up while you still have the chance. They don't last long.
AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | The BB - The BB - Starter Kits

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
It looks like AltSmoke has the Baby Bullet in stock, but I don't know if they ship internationally. Also, with this one you're getting close to the $100 mark, so it's probably not your most affordable option.
They will ship internationally. Another newb decided on a Silver Bullet the other day and he was in Australia.
The problem is that the OP wants something compact. That eliminates all the cheaper mods that take replaceable batteries, except the real junky ones or the cheaper box mods. The BB costs twice the e-Power, but it meets the criteria and it'll last 10X as long as the e-Power. Plus, it holds it's value. I'll bet I could get $40-50 for mine in the classifieds.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
They will ship internationally. Another newb decided on a Silver Bullet the other day and he was in Australia.
The problem is that the OP wants something compact. That eliminates all the cheaper mods that take replaceable batteries, except the real junky ones or the cheaper box mods. The BB costs twice the e-Power, but it meets the criteria and it'll last 10X as long as the e-Power. Plus, it holds it's value. I'll bet I could get $40-50 for mine in the classifieds.

I can get the BB shipped to the UK (or Australia) - as my next port of call is England i will ship there and take back to Oz. Its not too expensive the shipping either 40 bucks

So is the BB better than the super T ? The price is not really a major concern - i dont mind (even prefer) buying high end products

The super T is out of stock right now, but i don't need it for another 2 weeks as i am still in Thailand

Cheers

Phil

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
STOP THE PRESSES!! The Baby Bullet is back in stock. I cannot rave about this e-cig enough.
It's compact. Takes 14500 750mah batteries. It's indestructible and could be the only e-cig you ever need.
I have one of these and I've run over it with a tow truck, dunked it in the Gulf of Mexico, buried it in mud and dropped it out the window of a moving vehicle more than once. After 2 years of daily use and abuse, it still works like new and looks presentable.

This is the highest quality, most durable and reliable compact e-cig you'll ever come across. They'll ship internationally and after seeing the Precise, they're a bargain. I suggest you snatch one up while you still have the chance. They don't last long.

Think you might need a tether for your e cig :p

By the way are you on the rigs? I have worked once in the gulf of mexico on a jack up, or was it a semi sub, cant quite remember but pretty sure a jack up....water not that deep there

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Think you might need a tether for your e cig :p

By the way are you on the rigs? I have worked once in the gulf of mexico on a jack up, or was it a semi sub, cant quite remember but pretty sure a jack up....water not that deep there

No. Not on the rigs. Dropped it overboard off my own boat. Luckily the water was only a few feet deep. A shot of Corrosion-X and a new battery and it was back in business

I can't really say which is the better quality between the BB and the Precise. I can't imagine the Precise could be any better quality unless it cooked breakfast for you. I know the Precise is a lot lower volume product, so that accounts for some of the price. It's definitely prettier. Both of them are hand made. There are more parts on the Precise, I think. I'd put them pretty even I think. One thing I prefer about the BB is that they didn't put those damn slots on the case. The BB has venting slots behind the switch were random debris can't get in. You can hold it totally within your palm so, it's compact, but still has a decent battery life. I get an easy 6-7 hours on a 750mah AW ICR battery.

Altsmoke is the first vendor on the vendor list here. It's arranged chronographically by date of membership. So they've been selling the Silver and Baby Bullet for a long time. You still cannot find one bad review about either of the bullets. The Silver Bullet is an icon and the Baby Bullet is just a scaled down version. They're time tested. I don't know if the Precise has an equal reputation, but that means something. If there was any flaw in it, you'd sure know it because it would be all over this board.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
I personally would go for the Ego C Twist...you can change the voltage and I think the Vision Ego Clearomizers are fairly easy to use and work pretty well. I think that would be an awesome setup to start with. You can get a kit at nhaler.com comes with 2 batteries, 2 clearomizers and a charger for 70.00.

Hi VaprBecky

I have been hearing people having problems with the twist battery so thought i would steer clear

Cheers

Phil

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Hi Sailorman

I am British but have moved to Australia but currently working in Thailand.....on break in UK next month then back to Oz for my next job, which will be in Western Australia. So your impression was kinda right, as in a Brit :toast:

I am going to buy the BB....is the "Silver Vein" a pretty colour? Guessing it is black with a silver vein but not sure

So with the BB i can vape at 6v with a tank using CR2 batts, or use LR cart's at 3.7 right?

Cheers

Phil

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
So now i need to buy the following:

Carto's

Clearomizer

Tank

CR2 Battery's

IMR14500 high drain battery's

Any recommendations here? I would like a really fancy tank (3.5ml) - Not sure if i should go single or dual coil either.....dual coil fine if stacking the CR2's, although the website says don't do that Youtube is full of vids where people have done

Cheers

Phil

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Ah... that's why I thought you were a Brit. The accent.

Yeah, the Silver vein is beautiful. I wish they'd had that option when I got mine. It would match my bird cage! Yes, it's black with a silver vein. They have better pictures on the Silver Bullet page and that color is an SB option, so you should be able to see it there.

For 6V, you need CR2's but some are too tight. The specific ones you need are 15266. I don't know how familiar you are with stacking batteries, but it's not something to be trifled with. They almost redesigned the BB and SB to prevent it, but backed off. You have to monitor the voltage closely and keep them in pairs. Their voltage should not differ more than 0.2V at the most. I label them A1, A2, B1, B2, etc. and try to rotate which one is on top. When I got mine, they offered a 5V passthrough option, so I usually use that for higher voltage vaping anymore. 6V is kind of warm. You can even put 2 CR123A's in it for 7.4V, but that's pretty extreme and i never do it.

With 6V it's best to use a 3.5ohm atty or carto. If you use a tank, the best setup is a 1.7ohm cartomizer with a 3.7V battery. These CR2's are labeled 1000mah, but I don't believe it for a minute. I'm sure they're no more than 600mah. The best 3.7V I've found are the AW ICR 750mah.

If you're interested in a tank, find a Vision Stone 2 or Vision Stone 3 tank. They have a built in coil, so you don't need a cartomizer. And they fit the BB like they were made for it. The diameter matches exactly, they look beautiful and they vape like a dream.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
So now i need to buy the following:

Carto's

Clearomizer

Tank

CR2 Battery's

IMR14500 high drain battery's

Any recommendations here? I would like a really fancy tank (3.5ml) - Not sure if i should go single or dual coil either.....dual coil fine if stacking the CR2's, although the website says don't do that Youtube is full of vids where people have done

Cheers

Phil

Don't even think about dual coil cartos unless you ARE stacking for 6V. I can give you the full explanation why if you want, but I'm on my 4th beer, so please, trust me on this. Dual coils need a minimum of 4.5V.

Clearomizer: Fluxomizer by Gotvapes.com hands down the best clearos out there. They ship internationally.

Cartos, Boge 2.0ohm and/or Smoketech 1.7ohm "Ressurector" single coil caromizers. Available anywhere.

CR2's, I'm not sure. I got mine at some cheapie place in China. Try SuperTmanufacturing. They also have 14500 batteries too. I wouldn't use IMRs. Use ICRs. They are more powerful and 150mah higher capacity. The AW IMRs are 600mah and don't pack the punch of the ICRs.

Tank: The Vision Stone 2 or 3. Preferably the 3. Also the Vivi Nova. I usually get these from Gotvapes.com but they are sold out at the moment. The do have the best pictures and descriptions, so you might want to take a look anyway.
Neither of those tanks require a cartomizer. For a cartomizer tank, there are a million of them. The Big daddy or little Mama tank from Bigdaddyvaping.com, The Phiniac tank from Phiniac.com, The problem is few of them are widely distributed.

Wait.....Here's one you'll LOVE. The Siam Tanks at Cloudsofvapor.com. I'm sure they ship internationally. Beautiful, handmade tanks that aren't ridiculously expensive.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Thanks for all this info Sailorman

I just bought the BB silver vein with x5 yeti drip tips and x5 Atos

I will search through your info above and buy the other things including batteries from various other suppliers that you recommend :D

Once i bought those i will get some juice 70 / 30....think i will buy pre mix to start with though

How much juice would a light vapour get through during 2 months???

Cheers

Phil

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Clouds of vapor has these tanks, and more Siam products, including drip tips. You're going to need a few drip tips as well. They also have batteries and cartomizers. you might be able to get most of the stuff there and save some shipping costs.

The Siam Tank in Polycarbonate
ICE_Tank_Round_R_4f6c13da0fb62.jpg

In Frosted Pyrex Glass
Pyrex_XL_Size__I_4faca5986b772.jpg

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Thanks for all this info Sailorman

I just bought the BB silver vein with x5 yeti drip tips and x5 Atos

I will search through your info above and buy the other things including batteries from various other suppliers that you recommend :D

Once i bought those i will get some juice 70 / 30....think i will buy pre mix to start with though

How much juice would a light vapour get through during 2 months???

Cheers

Phil

Normally, I'd say 2ml/ day for a light vaper. But when you're starting, it's more. You'll waste some, spill some and some you just won't like. Best thing to do is get small bottles from various places. Or at least a lot of small bottles from one vendor. Finding the right juice is the hardest part. For reference, I'm a heavy vaper and I go through about 4-5ml/day.

It also depends on what nic level you get relative to how much you smoked. Someone who smoked 10 ultralites a day might find 2ml of 24mg too much but be o.k. with 2ml of 12mg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread