Ego c or Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavegas04

Supporting Member
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2012
Palm Bay FL
I've been researching egos & accessories for the past six weeks and purchased three ego c kits and two ego twist (piecemeal kits). I purchased first ego c before I knew about the twist and third and fourth for two people who won't experiment with anything. I couldn't even talk them into ego at all at first they wanted cheapest thing that looked like a cig until they realized batt life is important and I'm not messing around with juice/cartomizers/cartridges all the time like they were. I couldn't justify spending any extra $ on their kits plus I want them to be happy to be making the switch. So no twist for them. Now I've got only the twist and I have tried about 25 different juices on the ego type a atty/tank set up on twist and can only get a good flavor at the lowest voltage on all of the flavors. Most of them taste burnt w/ volt set qtr to halfway the marks are just too small for me to read. None taste better at higher voltages. This is not the case with my clearo/drip rig set ups so I don't think it's just something I'm doing, but when I checked out the Safe vaping Power chart is appears that a type A atty (I believe is 2.2 ohms) would be safe vaping at 3.25 to 4 volts. So I would think that out of 25 different juices everything from fruit/Light & heavy tobacco/liquers/caramel apple from at least four different vendors in three different pg/vg ratios that i would be able to get some better flavors out of at least one or two at higher voltages. Am I wrong or is it really not necessary to go with a twist if you are not going to be using anything other than ego c atty/tank? I ask because I know I'm going to be getting more kits for others in the near future (just call me your local PV pusher) and if I am wrong then I'll push harder for them to invest a few extra $ now to pay off in the future by way of variety & compatibility. Plus if I'm right then I'll just get myself a regular ego c batt to use with that one set up which I will probably always use for riding on my bike at least. I used to be one of those bikers you see riding down I95 with a cig hanging out my mouth at 95mph. Now I can really mess with people. ;)

Inaris

Aug 19, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
IMO, The Twist is more like an Apple version of a PV. The v.v. is very easy to change, unlike other models. However it should be noted that other models do have v.v. as well, it's just not as user-friendly to change and read. I would say keep in mind that aspect when selling to people. The Twist has ease of use. There are also other PV that are out and are coming out, like the upgraded Twist, as well as other cool v.v. from different manufacturers. Hopefully that may drive the price of Twists down. Knock off Twists are coming along.

lavegas04

Supporting Member
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2012
Palm Bay FL
I already had a frustrating experience the first two weeks in using a knock off ego C type 808 kit purchased at my local flea market. They couldn't tell me what it was. Put ego c type "A" Atty's in the ego-tm box it came in. They weren't even close to being the same size as the ones that came already in the cones & working plus I may not be the most technically experienced person but I know you can't put a male thread to a male thread. Thankfully, I had already decided I wanted a twist so I just replaced them with the twist figured out the thread type and bought an 808d to ego adapter so I could use em as back ups. They didn't last two more weeks anyway. Now if I try to use them the light comes on and won't go off unless I plug it into the charger unit. So I probably wouldn't advise any of my friends to get a knock off because then I'll have to figure any problems out. For myself yes I probably will buy more knock offs I'm sure. I've already figured out there are a plenty of quality knockoffs out there that will work just as well at a lower price point if you know what you are looking for. I just didn't get one of them first time and I had no clue what I was really looking for yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread