• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ego C twist blinking light issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crixus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
Autocratic State
Hi Folks,

My second ego c twist seems to be giving some issues after i charged it at night and wanted to use it this morning.
The button light keeps flashing when i switch it on.Still happens when i try to push up the center pin a little in case i screwed it on too hard when charging.Also,with or without a carto the light still keeps flashing..any ideas? :(

Crixus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
Autocratic State
Hmm... Base on what you say it could mean that the twist have shorted out.
Have you try plug in back to the charger and see if it still charge?

Yeah i tried,the light has both red and green turned on the and battery light switches on as per usual when its charging.Only when i take it out and click 5 times it blinks like 7 to 10 times then goes off..doesn't fire :(

Blueweed

Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Vaping World
I had the same problem. The battery may be flat.
Might want to use a pin ..... the centre part of the battery.
Just to lift it up a bit. This will allow the centre part to connect with the charger.
Twist the battery into the charger slowly until you see the charger light change to red.
The let it charge.

eGo C-Twist white light will blink many times when it's flat.

Good luck !

user808a

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
AZ USA
I try to not over tighten the battery onto anything.

As far as batteries go, the center post inside the threads is postive and the threads provide the negative contact. I have had the wire on the inside of the battery that connects to the positive post come disconnected before. You can use a voltmeter to check for this issue.

Last edited:

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Is there any cause for this because i only charged this like 2x ?

Bad factory soldiering. The heat from charging may have dislodged it or some user actions like attaching the atties/cartos too tightly, dropping and knocking during shipping. Too much heat from atties/cartos might damage the chip and button inside also. Ask for an exchange if it is possible. Not wise to use it unless you are confident of opening it up and fix it.

I had a battery in the past (not ego-c) which behaved like this. And when i attempted to charge it again, the battery almost vented. After i removed it from the charger, the battery heat was still getting hotter. I wrapped it with a thick cloth and threw it away at a secluded dustbin.

rustiangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga, TN, USA
ok, so i bought myself two ego-c twist kits, I thought i had the same issue, I'd screw the thing in, and the RED light to indicate charging would come on, but the light on the battery would not, after debating taking it apart, i decided to try the other charger, it worked! I looked at the charger and noticed some residue on the contact on the actual charger, i wiped it off with my shirt and tada! I know this won't be the case for everyone, but maybe some?

Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
Up North
I mention it on the last thread somewhere. No more Egos batt for me. 3 of my twist went kaput. I manage to recover 1 of them by resoldering the loose wire but another 2 can't even work after I resoldered it back. And the twist is not like the ego-c easy to dismantle and resolder. The twist is difficult because 2 wires going below the variable pot and it's glued fix, if u manage to dismantle it chances u spoil it.
Don't waste your money buying Ego C, T or Twist. Buy the real thing like VV mod or go mechanical mod.

Edit: Forgot to mention the charger sux as well, out of sudden u can't charge your Egos even if u manage to make contact.

Last edited:

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
I mention it on the last thread somewhere. No more Egos batt for me. 3 of my twist went kaput. I manage to recover 1 of them by resoldering the loose wire but another 2 can't even work after I resoldered it back. And the twist is not like the ego-c easy to dismantle and resolder. The twist is difficult because 2 wires going below the variable pot and it's glued fix, if u manage to dismantle it chances u spoil it.
Don't waste your money buying Ego C, T or Twist. Buy the real thing like VV mod or go mechanical mod.

Edit: Forgot to mention the charger sux as well, out of sudden u can't charge your Egos even if u manage to make contact.

Are you buying JoyeTech or knock off batteries? Every one of my JoyeTech are still going strong. The knock offs however, not so much.

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
They will say JoyeTech on them if they are real, the logo on the bottom of the chrome cap will also have the correct logo. eGo is a style of battery more than anything now, but you cannot lump the knock offs in with the higher quality ones. You should be able to check with the vendor you purchased them from to see if they carry genuine eGo's or other brand eGo style batteries. You can also check the JoyeTech website for websites that sell counterfeit/knock off batteries. The eGo is a standard now for a reason, the originals are great batteries as well as some of the eGo style batteries, but there are some real crap ones out there as well. Check your charger to see if it is a sealed charger or not. The area you screw the battery into should be sealed so no juice that may be on your battery gets inside the charger, the cheaper ones do not have a seal usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread