• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

eGo-C Twist Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eileithia

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
Cambridge, ON, CANADA
2nd, and 3rd, and 4th, and 5th. :p After my 1000mah arrives, I will have 5 eGo batteries. 3 Twists and 2 nonTwist. Might be time to buy a 2nd charger.

Backups for backups lol. I had my only 808 charger die on me when I was using bloogs on a daily basis and went out of my mind waiting on the replacements. I bought 4 just in case.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
2 or 3 chargers at least!!! :2cool:

Backups for backups lol. I had my only 808 charger die on me when I was using bloogs on a daily basis and went out of my mind waiting on the replacements. I bought 4 just in case.

I actually plan to buy a couple chargers here soon so I can try and work on a nice wooden charging station. Something routed out a little so that a batter sits in about half way into the wood, and routed out so the charger sits in as well. A few holes for charged batteries to go in vertical, and maybe to hold a few cartos and bottles. I have a great visual in my mind, just have to see if I can actually make it come to fruition. Thankfully wood is fairly inexpensive. Just a matter of spending some time with my dremel.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
I actually plan to buy a couple chargers here soon so I can try and work on a nice wooden charging station. Something routed out a little so that a batter sits in about half way into the wood, and routed out so the charger sits in as well. A few holes for charged batteries to go in vertical, and maybe to hold a few cartos and bottles. I have a great visual in my mind, just have to see if I can actually make it come to fruition. Thankfully wood is fairly inexpensive. Just a matter of spending some time with my dremel.

Sounds like a great idea! The possibilities are endless. The twists deserve a good charging station :)

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
The KGO is great. It's a great 3.7 volt device that (assuming you buy it made by the right manufacturer) performs well, is durable and reliable. It isn't a variable voltage device, but if you don't want or need VV, it's a very good choice.

I use both KGO's and Twists, as well as others. However, I want to know when the KGO became regulated! Mine isn't. It starts at 4.1-4.2 volts off the charger, settles fairly soon into 3.7, and stays there until near the end of its battery life when it drops off some before blinking its way onto the charger.

Since I keep my Twist set at approx. 3.8 all the time - just wondering if I'd be better off getting a few Kgos...only thing is that I understand I'd have to get a charger w/it since they say you can't use the reg ego charger. The thought of getting a warmer vape for a slightly longer period of time plus the cost factor, seems very appealing. I've never had anything but Joyetech & my 1st Volcano, didn't know if I should venture into another brand.....seems like I'm spending myself into poverty - oh well, that much less for my kids' inheritance.....

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Recently acquired a twist myself, and frankly I'm very impressed !

My sweet spot seems to be 4v setting with the Canvape 2.0 ohm bridgeless atty for dripping (along with Vapemate's Vapemate Tobacco liquid).

I find myself typically using it at 4-4.2 with clearos (Stardust et al.) but it holds its voltage extremely well, which I love about it.

Slightly OT but what do you think of Vapemate Tobacco?

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I've found dripping my most satisfying (and less hassle) method... I'd love a tank to work, but can neither afford to screw around, and my patience is quite short nowadays when concerned with vaping.

Regarding the Vapemate Tobacco, I was honestly hoping for more, but it is a decent vape that I need to tweek a bit for my personal preference. I'm going to experiment a bit with adding a bit more VG (find PG a lil harsh for me), and up the nic a bit, while hopefully not taking away from the flavour 'too much'.

On it's own, to me, I find it too much of an aftertaste resemblance to a colt cigar which isn't all that bad, just not for me for an ADV. "I" found it to also have a slight green raw tobacco taste to it. Again, it's not bad at all, but with my difficulties in committing to vaping, it's just another obstacle for me to overcome.

Thanks for the vid review of it Mindfield, or I'd never had found something to spark my interest back towards vaping again.

Eileithia

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
Cambridge, ON, CANADA

Sounds awesome. What you could do if you feel so inclined is route or drill out a 1/8 or 1/16 hole, and buy some plastic or glass rods, or even fibre-optic cable. If you polish both ends, you can re-route the charging lights just about anywhere, leaving the actual charging units completely concealed.

Not sure if I described that properly, but I can draw you a picture.. It's a trick used all the time when modding computer cases, and is quite effective :)

Would love to see pictures if you get it working :)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I've found dripping my most satisfying (and less hassle) method... I'd love a tank to work, but can neither afford to screw around, and my patience is quite short nowadays when concerned with vaping.

Regarding the Vapemate Tobacco, I was honestly hoping for more, but it is a decent vape that I need to tweek a bit for my personal preference. I'm going to experiment a bit with adding a bit more VG (find PG a lil harsh for me), and up the nic a bit, while hopefully not taking away from the flavour 'too much'.

On it's own, to me, I find it too much of an aftertaste resemblance to a colt cigar which isn't all that bad, just not for me for an ADV. "I" found it to also have a slight green raw tobacco taste to it. Again, it's not bad at all, but with my difficulties in committing to vaping, it's just another obstacle for me to overcome.

Thanks for the vid review of it Mindfield, or I'd never had found something to spark my interest back towards vaping again.

Glad I could help some! It does seem to be the sort of thing that may not be for everyone -- it's not a perfect replica of a cigarette by any means, but I thought it might be a close enough approximation and familiar enough that it might work better with those for whom the more standard tobacco vapes weren't really working. I just wish we could get the cigar flavour Blaze has in their disposables, or find out how it was made. Now there is a shockingly authentic flavour.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Sounds awesome. What you could do if you feel so inclined is route or drill out a 1/8 or 1/16 hole, and buy some plastic or glass rods, or even fibre-optic cable. If you polish both ends, you can re-route the charging lights just about anywhere, leaving the actual charging units completely concealed.

Not sure if I described that properly, but I can draw you a picture.. It's a trick used all the time when modding computer cases, and is quite effective :)

Would love to see pictures if you get it working :)

I think I can visualize what you're saying. Issue is, still need to be able to get to the charger threads easily to screw the battery on. Unless I find a way to make it threadless and have some kind of spring to keep it in contact. Would need a spring to accomodate the different battery lengths, since I have 2x 650mah -C 2x 650mah Twists, and 1x 1000mah Twist.

I think at best I can indent the wood for the shape of the Joyetech charger to sit in about half way so I can lift it up to screw on the battery, then battery also has an indention to rest about half way down as well (With a groove for the button, since they're not always in the same alignment). After that I could always make some kind of lid that goes over the charger itself. Would be almost L shaped at that point ... but the charger gets a little warm at times, so I don't know if I want to cover it or not.

Once I have some free time I will play around with ideas. As mentioned, wood is cheap. :)

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Since I keep my Twist set at approx. 3.8 all the time - just wondering if I'd be better off getting a few Kgos...only thing is that I understand I'd have to get a charger w/it since they say you can't use the reg ego charger. The thought of getting a warmer vape for a slightly longer period of time plus the cost factor, seems very appealing. I've never had anything but Joyetech & my 1st Volcano, didn't know if I should venture into another brand.....seems like I'm spending myself into poverty - oh well, that much less for my kids' inheritance.....

I wouldn't. Even if you don't use the range of voltage on the Twist, it's still adjustable. The KGO is a fine device, but it's inherently more limiting. Only upside I can think of is that an 1100mah KGO is almost exactly the same size as a 650mah Twist.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I wouldn't. Even if you don't use the range of voltage on the Twist, it's still adjustable. The KGO is a fine device, but it's inherently more limiting. Only upside I can think of is that an 1100mah KGO is almost exactly the same size as a 650mah Twist.

Thanks Rick -You made up my mind. I really appreciate your taking the time to reply - thanks again!

MadKat

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
United States
It's certainly an excellent device. Joye pretty much hit it out of the park with this one. Sure, it doesn't have the muscle of the big boys, but for $30 or less, how can you possibly argue? Plus, under-load drop is minimal and voltage range is perfect for most single-coil devices. It has earned a permanent place in my daily kit. I mostly used it with the Stardust, but I have a 3ml Firebird on it right now, and it's absolutely perfect for those.

what is a firebird?

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
just found a picture of it but am wondering...is it like the stardust except a bottom feeder instead of the wicks at the top?

Kind of. It's the same concept -- a CE2 design -- but the wick and coil are at the bottom so you don't need to tip to charge the wick. The Stardust itself is really just the progression in a long line of CE2 designs stretching back probably close to two years, but it's only in recent months that they've started to become really good and reliable straight out of the box without any (or much) fiddling or modding. The Firebird/Phoenix is one of only a small few right now that I find are working really well without too much fussing.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
just found a picture of it but am wondering...is it like the stardust except a bottom feeder instead of the wicks at the top?

Not really similar in any way except they're both clearos. The Firebird/Phoenix is AMAZING IMO. It has more flavour than any other atty, carto, clearo I have ever tried (and I've tried most of them). It's ridiculous. Try it for yourself, highly suggested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread