Ego C vs Ego T, really need help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay99

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
United Kingdom
I already have some ego w (LF eliq) carts and it just isn't doing it for me. They are rubbish and require filling using the needle and I get condensation under the mouthpiece and I can taste juice in my mouth and some of the juice sits there at the bottom and has frozen into some jelly and I often get dry hits and I have to give it primer puffs and I keep losing the mouthpiece as its really loose and it gets really hot around the mouthpiece and my mouth gets burnt etc etc etc (haha!)
It is absolutely doing my head in. I hate them! Boges are stupid and taste like metal and get burnt and don't get me started on the constant dripping and blowing out the excess juice.

So I've narrowed it down to the Ego C and the Ego T. I really regret not buying these kits and going for the Riva 510 kit.

Which one is better (flavour and vapour) and which is the best generally. What are the differences? Since I already have a Riva battery I will only be buying the atty and the cartridges.

Thank you for your help. I'll be on the analogs soon, I can feel it. Its not going well... :(

Thank you guys and sorry for the waffle.

mylose64

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Savannah, GA
I hate boge's and other filler cartos too. I think they are dirty and taste like crap :D

I use CE2/clearomizer/fluxomizers.

I would choose the Ego C, because they look cool and i've never tried one :D

You could pick up a new VV ego C battery from liberty flights and get the Atomizer parts from their too. You would need to get the 5 pack of atomizer heads, atomizer body and the carts.

You would only have one e cig and not a kit, but you could use the parts on your riva battery too!

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
You're probably going to have similar problems with the Ego C and T as well. They're tanks systems and can be really finicky. I have an Ego C and have some of the same issues you had with your Riva. I suggest trying a couple of the stardusts. I haven't touched my C atties in months and they're about the same price as well.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
You're probably going to have similar problems with the Ego C and T as well. They're tanks systems and can be really finicky. I have an Ego C and have some of the same issues you had with your Riva. I suggest trying a couple of the stardusts. I haven't touched my C atties in months and they're about the same price as well.

I second this recommendation. The eGo-C was my second kit that I purchased (after a 901t), and when it worked it worked great, but the flavor was muted and the atties were hit and miss at times. The Stardust (CE4+) @ 2.1ohms clearos gave new life to my eGo setup and that's all I use when I'm out of the house now. You'll get better flavor, better vapor, consistent performance, and easy maintenance.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Anudder bump for dem stardusts! Just left the bathroom where I washed some out. Let em dry for a day or so, give a good dry burn, and they're good to go for another 2 or 3 fills. Only drawback I've found with them is that the tubes are not the toughest; treat em rough and they will crack eventually. Gotta avoid the acidic juices too, to prevent crazing and cracking of the plastic. Other than that, I love em. Just ordered 10 of the LR because sometimes they are a little hard to keep in stock at my favorite vendors. Also found what they call a rebuildable stardust! Got 3 of those along with 3 replacement innards. If the tanks on them hold up better to cracking, that should make it a little cheaper. I've recently learned how to wind my own coils and rebuild the standard ones.

aurea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Nashville, TN
docs.google.com
I have an eGo-T mega and I've got to say I'm not in love. I started out with the KR808 and they were ok... then I got better juices and WOW I was sold! No, more smoking WOO HOO vaping. So... of course the very next step was to upgrade the equipment. I purchased the eGo-T mega and :( I thought bigger batt - Woot! Big 'ole tank to last me through the whole day - double Woot. Sadly, I've just been disappointed. I get the throat hit and the vapor but I'm totally missing the taste of my juices.

I did a little test to see if it was just my taste buds waking up after years of smoking abuse; a little juice in the cart a little juice in the tank, n the cart... awesome!!! In the tank... not so awesome.

I'm going to try some of the other tanks available from a plethora of vendors to see if that helps. If not I'm going to be upgrading the hardware again (Provari next time).

So, very long winded story short I wouldn't recommend the eGo-T mega in it's standard config.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
I use a combo of the eGo-C and eGo Vision clearomizers. I use the C because it's pretty durable and I like to switch flavors often. The Visions are for flavors I tend vape more often, because it's not as easy to change flavors in them. A potential drawback to the Visions is that cinnamon and acidic fruity flavors can react with the plastic casing -- maybe not a problem depending on your juice taste. I have never used an eGo-T, but I bought the C rather than the T because the atomizer heads are cheaper than replacement eGo-T assemblies and I don't feel as bad throwing away a dead eGo-C atomizer head as I would if I threw out the whole eGo-T atomizer assembly. The eGo Twist variable voltage battery is a great way to go, though!

aurea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Nashville, TN
docs.google.com
I use a combo of the eGo-C and eGo Vision clearomizers.

This is the part where I am so *lost* trying to figure out which clearomizers work with what? Which ones require adapters? Cones? GAH! For a NOOB this can get so, so, so confusing.

At the end of the day I just want my juice to taste like my juice :( Pouts!

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
This is the part where I am so *lost* trying to figure out which clearomizers work with what? Which ones require adapters? Cones? GAH! For a NOOB this can get so, so, so confusing.

At the end of the day I just want my juice to taste like my juice :( Pouts!

Don't quote me on this one, Aurea, but I think most clearomizers will work on an eGo battery, either screwing on to the eGo outer threading, or the 510 inner threading. I haven't looked too closely because I tend to stick to eGo stuff, but I'm pretty sure I've seen little 510 to 808 adapters as well as just about every other kind of adapter imaginable for sale for cheap from several vendors. I think the cones are generally just for cosmetic purposes, to cover up the outer threads on the eGo battery if you're using something that screws into the inner 510 threads. I hope that helps!

It sure is frustrating when you know what your juice should taste like and it's just not there due to your atomizer situation. That's when I'm most tempted to just drink it straight.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    An eGo battery is an eGo battery. There is no difference between an eGo-T and an eGo-C battery, and you can put almost anything you want on either. The eGo-T-C atties also fit on a Riva/Kgo battery just fine.

What I'm trying to exprecess is that when I need to buy a battery, I buy batteries, and when I need to buy an atty/carto, I buy atties/cartos.
    The chargers that I have detemine which battery I will buy, and my taste buds determine which atty/carto I will buy.

Last edited:

TravTech

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    PA
    If it's just between Ego-C & T, the C's win out imho. The tanks are a little smaller but as stated above replacement atomizers are a good deal cheaper. I started with the T, but within about a week I had a C kit on order. It's also much nicer having 5 atomizers in rotation (some in use / some soaking / some drying) than 2.

Also, anything that states 510 or Ego will work with an Ego battery. Which actually includes a very large variety of juice feeding options as 510 has just about become the standard now.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    An eGo battery is an eGo battery. There is no difference between an eGo-T and an eGo-C battery, and you can put almost anything you want on either. The eGo-T-C atties also fit on a Riva/Kgo battery just fine.

What I'm trying to exprecess is that when I need to buy a battery, I buy batteries, and when I need to buy an atty/carto, I buy atties/cartos.
    The chargers that I have detemine which battery I will buy, and my taste buds determine which atty/carto I will buy.

I agree.

I too have eGos (3.4v or so, regulated) and Rivas (true 3.7v unregulated) and never needed un upgrade until the Twist was introduced, because it is a true variable voltage PV in small form and compatible with all my 510 hardware.

I tried all the eGo-T and eGo-C atties and tanks (SR, LR, type A and B), and for now the eGo-C type A is my preferred atomizer/tank setup. It works fine with all my fat batteries, including the Twist. However, I never had any problems with any of the eGo-C or eGo-T atomizers, except for an occasional dry hit when I was just learning how to use them.

I also like Boge 2.0Ω and Smoktech 2.0 and 2.5Ω single coil cartos. The CE2 line is, IMHO, high maintenance and very inconsistent. Those cartos tend to leak, crack, some don't wick well, and they often taste off... I would not recommend them to a new vaper.

In other words, there is not perfecr PV out there yet. Everyone has to experiment a bit and find his own sweet spot. :)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    As far as atomizers go, I use standard joye type atomizers and drip. Sometimes with a smart cart to extend dripping intervals. Atty is an atty.
    Hate cartos. Nothing but a pain IMO.

What you need to pay attention to is the ohm rating. Lower ohms = more "oomph". Try 2.0 ohms on a 3.7 volt device like the Riva.

As to the next PV, Twist it!!!!!!!!!!! It will let you dial-in the voltages that suite you.
    If you want more battery life or an external charger with a PV that uses swappable batteries, check out the Lava Tube (LT) or it's cousins. They are bulkier tho.

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    As far as atomizers go, I use standard joye type atomizers and drip. Sometimes with a smart cart to extend dripping intervals. Atty is an atty.
    Hate cartos. Nothing but a pain IMO.

What you need to pay attention to is the ohm rating. Lower ohms = more "oomph". Try 2.0 ohms on a 3.7 volt device like the Riva.

As to the next PV, Twist it!!!!!!!!!!! It will let you dial-in the voltages that suite you.
    If you want more battery life or an external charger with a PV that uses swappable batteries, check out the Lava Tube (LT) or it's cousins. They are bulkier tho.

ROFL
    Made me stop and wonder how many copies of that record we wore out in the SU in high school.

Only problem with the LT is it needs a black & white paint job to look right.
    P1000572.jpg

saturn_v_rocket_vector_100_by_rogelead.jpg

cmacelloman

Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    Atlanta
    Jay,

Hey, my friend, do anything but go back to those analogs!!! A lot of these setups require tinkering to make it work exactly how you like it. You sound like a smart guy that is frustrated with the learning curve IMO.

If you are bent on only using your Riva (hey, all can understand that) then get the lower ohm carto tanks on there, like the Stardust, or Pheonix (CE3), or eGo Vision.

I do, like the others here, recommend the eGo C Twist battery simply for the VV (variable voltage). Not everyone enjoys vaping at the same voltage level. Try one--they are only about 19£ plus shipping. But as the veterans at ECF have already said, it seems as if what you are truly looking for is a better atomizing system, and imo you'll get closer with one of the carto-tanks mentioned.

Happy Vaping!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread