EGO-C vs. EGO-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insurgence

May 26, 2013
USA
On the second question:

3.7V is what nearly all unregulated batteries will output (on average). Unregulated power starts off the charger around 4.1-4.2V, levels off near 3.7V for the majority of runtime, then slips slowly down until depleted, 3.2V-ish.

The original eGo ran a regulated 3.3V to mimic the power/response of the 510 'stick' batteries prevalent at the time.

On the first:

I too had this *exact* same question as I was searching out spare batteries for the better half. Here are all of the differences I have found in the Joyetech-branded batteries:

1. the original "ego"

- 3.3V regulated (to match the voltage of the early 510 stick batts)
- white light
- did NOT have 5-click protection

2. the ego-T

- 3.3V regulated
- white light
- 5-click on/off

3. the ego-C *exactly the same as the ego-T other than battery charge indication*

- 3.3V regulated
- 100-50% charge: white light, 50-10% light-blue light, less than 10% charge: blue light
- 5-click on/off

4. the ego-T2 Upgrade

- 3.3V regulated and 4.2-3.2V unregulated modes
- white light = 3.3V regulated
- orange = unregulated
- 5-click on/off

5. the ego-C2 Upgrade

- blue light = 3.3V regulated
- orange light = unregulated
- 5-click on/off
- ego-C charge indicator will work but ONLY in 3.3V regulated mode, disabled when running unregulated (orange light)

The twists are in a category all their own, running regulated mode all the time, but you can vary the voltage, with 5-click on/off. The charge indicator should mimic the regular ego-C. The ego-C Twist batts are advertised having better short circuit protection. I am unsure if this extends to the C/T Upgrade batteries or not.

All of my batteries were purchased either as part of carto kits, or standalone.

The descriptions of what you ATTACH to your ego-whatever batteries is a whole different level of complication (and the battery specs are bad enuf). :)

Only used 510 attys, cartomizers and clearos. Never seen or touched a type-A, type-B atomizer, or an ego-T cone atomizer much less the ego-C multi-piece setup.

This becomes especially important when shopping for spare/replacement batteries. Several vendors have ego-T2 Upgrade and ego-C2 Upgrade batteries for sale side by side, for several dollars difference in price. For me it came down to whether the charge indicator was worth an extra $3-4 on top of the ego-T2 battery at $13.

All of these battery variations are available in the popular sizes: 650, 900, and 1000mAh. More capacity=longer barrel, nothing else is changed.

Apologies if this bumped a too-old thread.

I'm bumping this too-old thread again to say THANK YOU. I started with an eGo-c upgrade only a few weeks back and I've been thoroughly confused while looking for a spare. The break down in this post clears up everything for me. It should be stickied somewhere.

I started with CE4s and had no idea til now Joyetech had "systems". I thought it was just a battery that you slapped any variety of cartomizer, tank, or clearomizer on. The battery itself is labelled -c or -t after all. I think this is the cause for misunderstanding in the first few posts here.

Thanks to everyone involved for explaining both sides. The rabbit hole just got that much clearer.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
LOL. The really confusing part is you can use the battery from the "system" and slap anything that is either Ego threaded or 510 threaded on top of it! For those of you who are getting confused, it will get better!

Yes, so glad they did that :D
Still use my "C" system occasionally, gives good flavor and works well, even bought the Bulli-Smoker A2-T RBA because I like the "C" so much.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I bought from a om line vendor that listed it as an ego-t but there is no logo on the batt.
    Should I assume its a knockoff?

Knock-offs aren't that bad. Might not have all the protection circuits and options that a Joye has tho. Joyes are marked with a CE and recycle stamp above the ego threading, if nothing else.

Provide a link to your purchase?

Barbara21

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 21, 2013
    Greenville, SC, USA
    I'm bumping this too-old thread again to say THANK YOU. I started with an eGo-c upgrade only a few weeks back and I've been thoroughly confused while looking for a spare. The break down in this post clears up everything for me. It should be stickied somewhere.

I started with CE4s and had no idea til now Joyetech had "systems". I thought it was just a battery that you slapped any variety of cartomizer, tank, or clearomizer on. The battery itself is labelled -c or -t after all. I think this is the cause for misunderstanding in the first few posts here.

Thanks to everyone involved for explaining both sides. The rabbit hole just got that much clearer.
    I want to say THANK YOU too. I was in the same boat as the above poster - thought that the 'ego' was just a type battery. It makes a lot more sense now.

soba1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 27, 2013
    Van Nuys Ca., USA
    Knock-offs aren't that bad. Might not have all the protection circuits and options that a Joye has tho. Joyes are marked with a CE and recycle stamp above the ego threading, if nothing else.

Provide a link to your purchase?

They no longer have a link to what I bought. The silver on at the end is the one I got.
    I was excited to find a silver one. After I ordered it I went back and looked and I saw it wasn't
    a Joye. It is working ok but I like the real deal..... EGO 5-Click USB Passthrough Batteries 650mAh and 1000mAh
    Thanks

tcgenius

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2013
    Westmont, IL
    Wow... I had no idea! I just clicked my ego T 5 times and turned it off. Who knew? Mine didn't come with instructions. Thanks! :2cool:

Actually the eGo C has the same on/off feature. Five clicks in rapid succession will either turn it off or on. So I'm not sure what differences there are. I have the eGo C kit and I bought two twists to go along with them. I haven't even used the ones that came with the kit yet as I really like my twists. I figure I can keep the non vv's around for back up.

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2012
    WI/Boston
    Yes. Thankyou fenchurch and others. I have always wondered this. I have eGo T2 upgrades and ego C2 upgrades. I just keep them all on unregulated all the time. As the 2 settings seem about the same to me. I have allways thought of them as semi-variable volt. I still like them good enough, most likly because I am used to them.

fenchurch

ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    Yes. Thankyou fenchurch and others. I have always wondered this. I have eGo T2 upgrades and ego C2 upgrades. I just keep them all on unregulated all the time. As the 2 settings seem about the same to me. I have allways thought of them as semi-variable volt. I still like them good enough, most likly because I am used to them.

This is what I love about vaping, to each his own! :)

The main reason I went thru all of the research is because when I roll my own coils for a CE4, I build them for the 3.3v regulated voltage. It pulls slightly more amps, but the end-to-end performance is more consistent IMHO.

The genuine Joyetech eGos always have the regulated option, the others in the "eGo type" category are overwhelmingly unregulated 3.7v, which isn't my cuppa tea most of the time... tho "excellent" when I want to drip.

I've purchased a few knockoffs, had the batteries rattle inside, and their charge time made me suspect if a smaller 650mah cell was residing in the 1000mah sized tube. They work "OK", and are great for emergencies (or fishing, in case they fall overboard)! :)

There is something I value with Joyetech quality (I've been blessed with zero problems from my genuine batts) along with the 3.3v that justifies the price premium for my personal use.

It definitely does not preclude using less expensive batteries as long as you are aware of the potential differences. I use 'generic/store-brand' versions of items around the house all the time, puffer batteries are no different.

Ive had the Ego-C now almost 2 weeks and all can say im having no problems what so ever,i think its the ''APPLE' of ecig systems,I LOVE the little beast,excellent vapour and taste.

This post makes me want to throw away my eGo.... In case you can't tell I'm not an apple fan... :p

Last edited:

TARgetAway

Aug 7, 2013
    Austin, TX
    On the second question:

3.7V is what nearly all unregulated batteries will output (on average). Unregulated power starts off the charger around 4.1-4.2V, levels off near 3.7V for the majority of runtime, then slips slowly down until depleted, 3.2V-ish.

The original eGo ran a regulated 3.3V to mimic the power/response of the 510 'stick' batteries prevalent at the time.

On the first:

I too had this *exact* same question as I was searching out spare batteries for the better half. Here are all of the differences I have found in the Joyetech-branded batteries:

1. the original "ego"

- 3.3V regulated (to match the voltage of the early 510 stick batts)
    - white light
    - did NOT have 5-click protection

2. the ego-T

- 3.3V regulated
    - white light
    - 5-click on/off

3. the ego-C *exactly the same as the ego-T other than battery charge indication*

- 3.3V regulated
    - 100-50% charge: white light, 50-10% light-blue light, less than 10% charge: blue light
    - 5-click on/off

4. the ego-T2 Upgrade

- white light = 3.3V regulated
    - orange = unregulated
    - 5-click on/off

5. the ego-C2 Upgrade

- blue light = 3.3V regulated
    - orange light = unregulated
    - 5-click on/off
    - ego-C charge indicator will work but ONLY in 3.3V regulated mode, disabled when running unregulated (orange light)

The twists are in a category all their own, running regulated mode all the time, but you can vary the voltage, with 5-click on/off. The charge indicator should mimic the regular ego-C. The ego-C Twist batts are advertised having better short circuit protection. I am unsure if this extends to the C/T Upgrade batteries or not.

All of my batteries were purchased either as part of carto kits, or standalone.

The descriptions of what you ATTACH to your ego-whatever batteries is a whole different level of complication (and the battery specs are bad enuf). :)

Only used 510 attys, cartomizers and clearos. Never seen or touched a type-A, type-B atomizer, or an ego-T cone atomizer much less the ego-C multi-piece setup.

This becomes especially important when shopping for spare/replacement batteries. Several vendors have ego-T2 Upgrade and ego-C2 Upgrade batteries for sale side by side, for several dollars difference in price. For me it came down to whether the charge indicator was worth an extra $3-4 on top of the ego-T2 battery at $13.

All of these battery variations are available in the popular sizes: 650, 900, and 1000mAh. More capacity=longer barrel, nothing else is changed.

Apologies if this bumped a too-old thread.

Holy poop, I've been looking for this info for a while! Thank you!
    Definitely agree this could use a sticky.

No more holding out. I am going to pick up an ego t passthrough batt (because it is micro usb without the vv add-ons) then ordering ego c type a atty kits for it.

Thanks again Fenchurch!

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 22, 2013
    DC via the 313
    Hey vapor eyes, I think u might be alittle confused. Ego-c, & Ego-t, are just batteries. As they have NO atomizer, or coil, they.are simply the power source. Your coil/coils, & your atomizers are parts of your "delivery mechanism" which you attach to your battery. I.E.-like a cartomizer, or clearomizer, etc.. Appreciate the well intentioned reply, but I personally remember how confused I was when I got started. Please just be mindful, & give out help, & advice that you are personally familiar, & experienced with. In NO WAY am I trying to "knock" on, or slander you. Actually I REALLY appreciate your selfless response, & attempt to help! Its just theres SOOOO much BAD, & misguided info out there all ready. Which ends up COSTING new "vaper's" time, frustration, & most important $$$$$$!!!!!! I like MANY/MOST "Vapers" out there WASTED ALOT of hard earned cash on inflated, & in many cases unneeded, or even useless products when I was new to vaping. Also in MANY cases, people dish out alota' $$ for a horrible, inferior setup, that ultimatally gives a LASTING, & sometimes FINAL impression. Turning MANY potential vapers away from vaping FOR GOOD!! I almost gave up after my first crappy kit, & I personally know several people who did!!! Again, Im writting this ONLY to try and HELP, not personally "scorn, or scold" anybody. Please dont take offense! & I trully appreciate ANYONE who spends there valuable time to post helpful replys. AND THAT_ IS EXACTLY/ALL I INTEND WITH THIS POST!! :)

This is an absolutely brutal post, you still seem somewhat confused. T means "tank" and C means "changeable" eGo-C and eGo-T batteries are the same battery. If you get the upgrade you get vv 3.3 to 4.2, if you get a 650mAh T it's the same as the 650mAh C.

It got me to quit and it's an excellent system. The C is a little better IMO because it has the tighter draw, it doesn't leak as much and it has the changeable atomizer head reducing costs over time. The T does hold more juice though which is nice, but I did have a problem in humidity with it leaking some.

I have four Joyetech eGo-T upgrade vv batteries (1000mAh, 3X650mAh) and they are consistently stupendous after more than two months now. Not one issue, perfect. Overall the system is a B+ for starters IMO, I'd give a Joyetech eGo T or C upgrade battery with a EVOD a higher grade of A but the C or T kits work great for beginners. Easy to fill, easy to understand and very reliable vaping. I've moved on past the tank systems now, but I still love these batteries and use them every single day (even now owning a couple of mods). Good investment IMO, not a waste of money at all.

VanillaBlu

Feb 17, 2013
    NC
    I bought an ego t starter kit back in January. I started off using the cone tips , but i always ended up wasting to much juice trying to fill the damn things. Read about how buying a needle would help, which was annoying to me that I had to buy another part just to put my juice in my cig. I moved on to buying tanks...star dust model and some similar to those. They work great for the first few days, but then they always flood. You cant even fill the tank all the way because then you have to unscrew the tank and then use a tissue to clean battery after every two hits. The constant maintenance of these things has driving me to start smoking again. Not having local vape shops or shows makes it difficult to try out new products. Should I maybe switch off the clearomizers or maybe my equipment is outdated? Im a very frustrated ego t vaper right now

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread