Ego C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool User

Jan 15, 2013
Rocklin Ca
Hello new to this site and have interest in going to vapor. I am a pack a day Kool smoker and have been for over 40 years. Have tried a lot of different methods to try and quit but didnt have much luck. I have a new unopened box of Chantix and not so sure I want to give that a run because of all the bad press.

I am going to purchase a joyetech Ego C on Thursday I have a friend that has one and he give it good review. So I will give that a shot. Can someone give me some kind of an idea what flavor and the Mg I would need be close to a Kool cig?

Thanks in advance

Doug

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
There is no way to get the flavor a Kool or any other cigarette. You can get tobacco flavors and menthol flavors though. If you are trying to quit cigarettes I would recommend going with something different like a fruit flavor. This in my opinion will help in the long run if you are trying to quit analogs completely. There is more than just fruit flavors. There's a whole world of flavor out there.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
you'll want to start with a high nicotine content. i vape 24mg. once you switch to vaping you'll still get urges for a cig a few times a day. i think its because cigs give you a rush of nicotine. vaping does not deliver nicotine as fast. over time the urges will fade. the upside of slower nicotine delivery for me is i dont crave my ecig the way i craved cigs. it all seems more casual to vape. i use to have to have a cig but i never feel like i have to have my ecig.

I'm going to suggest you visit the Vermillion River vape site. they have an excellent Kentucky Premium Blend tobacco line. Never had their methol but i'm sure its good. also they are very fast at shipping their product. order tomorrow on wed morn and you'll probably have it on friday. welcome to the forum and good luck

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Hello new to this site and have interest in going to vapor. I am a pack a day Kool smoker and have been for over 40 years. Have tried a lot of different methods to try and quit but didnt have much luck. I have a new unopened box of Chantix and not so sure I want to give that a run because of all the bad press.

I am going to purchase a Joyetech Ego C on Thursday I have a friend that has one and he give it good review. So I will give that a shot. Can someone give me some kind of an idea what flavor and the Mg I would need be close to a Kool cig?

Thanks in advance

Doug

My guess is you'll be somewhere around the 18 or 24mg nic level to start. Begin with 18. If you still have a lot of cravings, bump it to 24. Some heavy smokers find 24 too much. You have to let your body tell you what's right. I was a 1 1/2PAD smoker and I ultimately needed 24mg to get me through. Now I'm at 15mg four months later and haven't touched a stinky since. Good luck!

WingmanJudas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Kandiyohi MN
Hi Kool user. I have an Ego c as a back up. I still use it often enough and its lasted around 8 months so far. The Ego c has two voltage settings, to be honest I don't notice the difference between the two. As for juice I would recommend Boba's bounty from AVE Juice. Its popular in the vaping world and I tried a lot of different juice to get there and now its my all day vape. I went through a stage of menthol flavored juice but never found one that had the taste of a menthol analog or one that I enjoyed.
For me switching from analogs to ecigs was easy because I enjoyed trying new flavors and devices, kind of a novelty really.

HKTrent

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Liberty, KY
I have to say that I am disappointed that no one has asked you about usage. How much do you smoke in a day? This has all the bearing in the world in determining the strength that you need. If you smoke half a pack or less, you will most likely start in the mid to low range (8-12mg). Less than that? Go with a 6. At around a pack you're looking at 18mg or so. 1.5 to 3 packs a day will most likely require the 24mg's but only if they taste good to you. High nic can affect flavor quite a bit. As far as batts go, ego-c or t are good stuff, I have a few. Mostly as back-ups since going to mods but they still work great. I would suggest going with a 510 fitting in whatever batt you choose. It will leave you with the most options.

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Welcome !
I really,really like my Ego-C. It is easy to fill the carts ( tips, mouthpiece), easy to carry and two batteries will last anyone all day. With a kit- you really get two complete units... Plus spare parts-perfect !
Was a 'burro' man myself- can't speak to much about menthol- but did just try some 'Pineapple Ice' juice this evening- and it was a good one. (MadVapes). Will second SilentScream's post- there is a whole world of flavor out there to sample. I did not try to find a 'burro' taste- just something with nic to my liking. I did buy a buy a couple of 'bacco' juices- they taste like...tobacco juice. Found out quick that I like 'Coffee' first in the morning and move to peach or some other flavor around 10 am.
Vape On-

calpis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Bay Area, CA
When you need to replace the atomizer heads, make sure you buy genuine joyetech atomizers. I've bought non-joyetech heads once and their quality was poor. I opened one of the bad ones to find that the wicking material didn't even touch the coils and gave me no vapor at all. When I opened up a joyetech atomizer, the wick was wrapped in mesh whereas the bad ones were not.

tpassage

Jan 23, 2011
Alabama
Good luck and welcome to the cleaner side of the smoke. What flavor..? really depends on your taste since you smoke menthol, try to pick something with mint in it. As far as the nic level, I would start with 12mg but if you want to make it stronger, go with 18 but not higher.

Just remember Ego's do not do well with thick VG liquid so you have to stay with blend or PG only and light in color.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread