• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

EGO Cartomizer, burning plastic smell and taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
I bought some EGO cartomizers recently and like some of you, I found that after only a few light puffs, it had a burning plastic taste and smell. Having been aware of that possibility, I was very careful to make sure that I had filled the cart (1 ½) milliliters of e-juice and that I didn’t overheat it.

I decided to take the cartomizer apart. Underneath the filler hole is the filler material, it goes to the bottom of the cart, where the battery connection is.

Unlike the KR808D-1 cartomizers, the heating element did not go through the center of the filler material. Instead, I found the heating element coiled up at the bottom of the cart, below the filler material and resting against the battery connector and some plastic.

I did not find any burned plastic, but I suspect that the coil was heating up the plastic and that is where the plastic smell and taste was coming from. I’m not sure if this is due to design, or a bad cartomizer. Since some members have had the same problem as I did and some have not, it may be just that some of the carts are defective. In any case, at over $3 per cartomizer, I find it unacceptable.

I have more EGO cartomizers to try out, so I will see if this is an isolated problem or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread