Ego, Go-Go, Riva, Leo, iGo,Vgo, Kgo and Echo Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona
Yes that is good news mohawkz. And a little inspiring. Congratulations. I've been holding at 18 for about 6 months so I think I'll bump it down with my next juice order.

It was a matter of necessity for me. About 6 months ago, I got some kind of lung infection and was at 12mg then. I dropped down to 0mg and that did away with the throat hit completely and stopped my coughing. After my lungs healed up, I tried double flavors at 0mg and that seemed to work but not quite. For me, 0mg of nic was like drinking a flat beer. No bubbles, no snap and no fizz. So I tried 4 mg of nic and the flavor and fizz was better. Tnat's what i exclusively use now in all my juices. double flavor and 4mg of nic. I'm quite satisfied with that combination. I'm sure i'm not addicted to nic anymore. I just like the flavor and "PoP" a lot better with just a touch of nic.

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
It was a matter of necessity for me. About 6 months ago, I got some kind of lung infection and was at 12mg then. I dropped down to 0mg and that did away with the throat hit completely and stopped my coughing. After my lungs healed up, I tried double flavors at 0mg and that seemed to work but not quite. For me, 0mg of nic was like drinking a flat beer. No bubbles, no snap and no fizz. So I tried 4 mg of nic and the flavor and fizz was better. Tnat's what i exclusively use now in all my juices. double flavor and 4mg of nic. I'm quite satisfied with that combination. I'm sure i'm not addicted to nic anymore. I just like the flavor and "PoP" a lot better with just a touch of nic.

Can I assume that you make your own juice, or do you have someone to custom make this for you? Just curious because I might be in the same boat soon (minus the lung problem).

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona
Can I assume that you make your own juice, or do you have someone to custom make this for you? Just curious because I might be in the same boat soon (minus the lung problem).

Well.......yes and no. I usually have Eric at Discount Vapers mix me up his juices with double flavor and 4mg of nic. With the thicker, sweeter juices, I found that cutting it with a thinner juice just so the carto I'm using doesn't clog up quickly works very well. For example, I really liked the flavor of his French Toast, at 4mg of nic and it became my go to vape. But it clogged up a resurrector single coil carto in about 3 days. So i bought a juice from another vendor I had experimented with when my lungs were bad. It is Belgian Waffle from High Desert E-cigs in double flavor at 4mg and 0mg of nic. I then Mixed the French Toast with double flavor and the waffle 50/50 and ended up with a great tasting juice that lasted 3 or more weeks in the resurrectors. I use Eric's Pina colada at 4mg and double flavor. I also use the Rum Delight with a mix of Waffles also. The 0mg of waffles I mix with old juices I have from long ago that were originally mixed at 12 and 18 mg of nic and bring them down to 4mg. When you think about it, Belgian waffles would probably mix well with most juices that arn't tobacco based flavorings. In real life, people usually mix some other food item with a waffle when they eat it anyway. I've never seen anybody just eat a belgian waffle without something else on it. So IMO, it makes a good mix for other juices one may have. My lungs are shot and I don't want any throat hit to speak of. That hit makes me cough. I just want flavor, vapor and long lasting cartos that I don't have to fiddle with.
Surprisingly, I went from 12mg and some 18mg nic instantly down to 0nic and was fine with it. After a week or so all the juices tasted flat and as stated, like a glass of beer that was left out overnight and lost all it's fizz. Then I started experimenting with adding just a touch of nic (4-6mg) and the flavor came back and the juices came back to life.
So anyone looking to kick the nic habit, I would recommend you mix your own at 4-6mg or buy some waffles and double your flavors to give the satisfaction. I smoked for 50 years without a break and now my juices are all at 4mg and I can go for many hours without craving my e-cig fix. I strictly use it for the pleasure it gives me now, rather than because I need the nic. When I go golfing for 5 hours, I leave the e-cigs home and never need a nic fix. When I'm working a show, I do the same for 8 to 10 hours. I usually don't touch my e-cigs for a couple hours after I wake up and get out of bed. I used to reach for a cig immediately when I opened up my eyes for most of my life. I imagine that if one were to custom order some tobacco flavors at double flavor and 4mg, they would get satisfaction. My path to success is to get as far away from cigarettes, tobacco and nicotine as I can. I don't want an e-cig that looks like a cigarette, I don't want a vape that taste anything like tobacco and I don't want any more nicotine in my system than absolutely necessary. This is the ultimate goal of e-cigarettes for me. If I could find a juice that gave me great flavor that was nic free I would use it.

Sorry for the rambling post but these are my thoughts and results over the last 6 months. Hope it helps some.

janieT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
USA
I just ordered a Riva 510 and juice from a few different suppliers. My Riva won't be here for a few days - not happy with Liberty Flights, I ordered on Friday a.m. and they didn't ship until this a.m. Anyway, I'm using V-2 right now and have the pre-filled cartos. Is there a video or a thread that explains how to fill the empty cartos that will come with the Riva? Can I refill the cartos I received from V-2? I don't know how much juice to fill them with....newbie all the way with the juice! TIA for your help!

Uniqua

Verified Member
Apr 23, 2012
Green Bay, WI
This is great info, Mowhawkx, I have been looking for someone who was in the same boat as me, LOL :) Had a terrible infection after letting go of the stinky sticks. Now I have trouble with flavors fading as I vape. I have been afraid to add things to my juice, being that I am new to all this, LOL :) Good to know a supplier that will do custom work at a reasonable rate.

Last edited:

2423kids

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
VA and FL
Questions for the experts here ... I have a bunch! AND a bunch of new things to go with my questions! LOL!! First I'm just starting this journey ... And learning as I go! Two months ago I started with Smokeless Image Volt kit ... 78 autos (which I like - no prob with) ... I also now have 2 of their X2 650's (which are BIG! I'd never use outside of my house! LOL!) I also just recently bought a Riva/eGo 750 & a package of Boge 2.0 LR cartomizers & also SR carts. I LOVE the size of the 750 Riva & I would use that out & about! Yes, yes I know ... KR808's and 510 but I wanted to see the difference! Hmmmmm ... On to my questions ... And keep in mind I'm trying to use 100% VG juice due to some allergy issues ... Now I may be able to do 50/50 eventually but trying 100% right now.

1. Help! The Boge cart seems MUCH tighter packed than the SI cartos! Took FOREVER to get the 100% VG in that sucker!! I don't have the same prob with SI carts - though it does take awhile to get them started. So I fried the first cart! UGH -- burnt gross smell!!! Can I get an adapter to work on the Riva that will let me use my SI carts? I saw a shorty one at madvapes - just wondering if anybody has experience with it. I know how much everyone raves on the Boges, but seriously they just have A LOT more tightly packed stuff in there!!

2. Will the Go-Go carts work on the Riva 750 (510 threads) and will it work on my SI batteries (KR808's) and it there an adapter for each? Madvapes? Do the Go-Go larger carts do well with 100% VG? Is it worth getting adapter for each of these setups I have & getting Go-Go carts? The large capacity WOULD be nice!!

3. I had seriously considered the Echo as well, but have decided that I do indeed like the manual batteries much better! BUT for future --- in case --- do SI carts work on the Echo battery?

I already HAVE an adapter that will allow me to use the 510 cartos with my SI ... But NOT my SI carts with the 510 Riva 750! THAT'S the PERFECT small battery size!! Well, for ME anyway! Fits perfect in my hand! So I hope all this makes sense & I can find the right adapters to make all this work!!! Sooooooooo confusing!! Thanks for any help or suggestions! :)

2423kids

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
VA and FL
Let me just add that an atty & dripping is fine to check out new flavors, but I have ZERO interest in doing that every day!! Not too keen on all these clearomizer thingie's either ... So my interest is in finding a setup I can live with using a regular ol'cartomizer. Ohhhhhh ... And if there IS a 510 - Go-Go adapter ... I'm assuming the cone with still work ... Right? The Go-Go cart is just much longer. And same question re: my SI X2 650? Lordie be ..... LOL!!!!! And if I get a shorty adapter to make SI carts work with the Riva will the cone fit over it all? And ... If SI carts work with Echo ... Is there a cone to be had for the Echo???? Geeesh! Help!!! Maybe I should just get the Echo MANUAL & the funny looking whistle tip cart things they use ... Hmmmmmm! And there IS a MAJOR difference between AUTO SI 78's I've been using ... And a MANUAL SI 650!!! Everybody had said go MANUAL and now I see WHY!!! Whoah!!! Thanks guys for helping this newbie gal get it together here!! LOL!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
My goodness 2423 now that is a lot of questions on two posts. lol I will see if I can answer some of them.

1. I had same problem with Boge being really tightly packed. Thousands of people love them but I didn't care for them myself. Yes the adapter 510 batt to 808 carto will work to use your 808 cartos on Riva.

2 You can get an adapter from Go-go to 808 connection at DV. I haven't used 100% VG with my Go-Go but they are loosely packed so they should work good. Go cartos are very good and hold almost 3 ml.

3 Yes, volt carto will work fine on echo auto batteries they both have 808d threads.
An Echo 650 auto is the same size as the Riva battery. Echos do not use cones being as there are no cone threads like on your volt x2. They do have a great 3.3 ml cone shaped carto that works great though. Your Volt X2 650 is exactly the same length as an echo 1300. I have both.

Yes the cone will fit over the adapter on your Riva to 808 at least mine does but I don't know where I purchased it.
:tumble:

2423kids

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
VA and FL
ALRIGHT!!!!! Now we are getting somewhere!!! LOL!! Thank you, thank you, thank you txtumbleweed!!! Been checking back here on & off all day! Since I know NOW that I can get adapters and make all this stuff work together that's GREAT!! There is a MAJOR difference (for this newbie anyway) between the SI 650 manual and the 750 Riva (LOVE the size!) and the SI 78 AUTO batteries!!! I love the little cig-like 78's, but I'm going to pass them on to a friend to help them get started & off the analogs! Ummmmm yeah ... Glad to see it's not just ME that isn't too sure about these Boge buggers!! I like the "stuffing" in the SI carts MUCH better so far!! I WILL give em another shot though! Good to know that the Echo 650 battery is same size as the Riva 750! I think an Echo will also be in my future at some point! Now ... Off to place yet another order for a 1/2 dozen adapters (want ALL bases covered here - LOL!) and also a pack of Go-Go carts!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread