eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaneinMesa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
AZ
I have the clear one and love it. I've only been using it heavily for about a few days. I noticed gunk and cleaned it with a waterpik. Question: Drying? What happens if there's a bit of moisture still in them. I dried mine for a day and a half but I think there's a little moisture left in it. Do cartos have to be completely dry before using them? Seems like this would take an awfully long time unless you removed the filler.

JaneinMesa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
AZ
Also, noticing a lot of condensation and seems like my juice is diluted and sweeter. The tank does get very hot sometimes. Could the heating drastically change the flavor of the juice? Where is the condensation/water(?) coming from? Is there too much water in my e-juice? I really like it, but the flavor thing is a big drawback.

Doppelganger

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I accidentally ordered a 5-pack of these (thought I was getting the smaller, regular dual coils). I was surprised at how big they actually are, but they kinda make sense for an ego battery. I find, like some earlier posters, I'm a bit obsessive to make sure the filler always looks wet - could be in my mind, but I feel like they lose flavour pretty fast, like not all that juice in the far corners of the filler is making it's way to vape-city...

wbenjamin2000

Jun 9, 2011
Des Moines
I just bought an MVP, and had a problem with it. For some reason I was getting a very airy draw with a brand new Cisco spec atomizer. I even tried taping the air holes, but it still wouldn't hit well. So, I tried one of my emdcc's on it, and it works beautifully! The MVP puts out more power than an ego battery, so I don't have to worry about draining the battery like I did with egos. (I'm a really heavy vaper). My only worry is that if I switch to using emdcc's exclusively I'll be spending more money every month. An atomizer is really durable, and tends to last a few weeks for me.

I'm thinking I'll still use the atomizer with my ego batteries, and rotate back and forth. The MVP with an emdcc is a good way to go when I'm out and about. I won't have to drip, or worry about batteries dying.

Last edited:

wbenjamin2000

Jun 9, 2011
Des Moines
Just wanted to say, I'm not having problems with my MVP anymore. When I first got it, the switch was very stiff. So, it was toggling while I was taking a hit. Now that it's broken in everything works beautifully with it, including dripping atty's. I just ordered more emdcc's since they work so well too. I love how the MVP runs forever without needing a recharge!

Farnsworth

Mar 15, 2013
Detroit
Hello!

I just recieved my first three yesterday and opened up one package and filled it straightaway, let it soak for 10 mins then re-filled again and took a couple toots... Not bad, not bad at all! Since it was new I didn't want to burn it out so I put it in my jersey pocket and went for a 15 mile bike ride. I wanted to make sure it was ready and fully filled so I topped it off once again with a few drops, capped it and vaped.

I am using an eGo Twist 1000mAh and an eGo passthrough 1000mAh at 4ish volts, it seems to work quite well. The flavour is rich with decent TH, yet a bit airy. No worries, these seem to vape much better with a slower draw.

They seem to drain my batteries faster than the cleromisers I had started on, but vape much better.

I would reccommend this just off of the first day using it, but we must see how long it lasts and the performance with multiple day use and different juice (of the same juice family of course) to really tell if this is a solid unit.

MtBakerVapor sold me these and were very fast on delivery, great shop.

Cheers

Junebug79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
West Coast, USA
I have the clear one and love it. I've only been using it heavily for about a few days. I noticed gunk and cleaned it with a waterpik. Question: Drying? What happens if there's a bit of moisture still in them. I dried mine for a day and a half but I think there's a little moisture left in it. Do cartos have to be completely dry before using them? Seems like this would take an awfully long time unless you removed the filler.

Did you ever find the answer?

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
They don't have to be completely dry, but the remaining water can dilute your juice at best and create a bad taste at worst. I "spin" mine using a piece of poly tubing on a string with a pin through the end to keep the carto from launching. Twirling it creates enough centrifugal force to drive most of the water out. After that I sometimes set them up next to a computer fan to blow through them for a few hours.

That's a lot of work, I know, but if i'm going to clean them, I want them dry.

I also sometimes do a final flush with pure grain alcohol (PGA) that speeds up the whole process.

embee214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
hv ny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread