Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
upload_2017-2-19_0-51-6.png
so I got excited, when I seen Mikes post about the AMOR - they were growing into a legend because they were hard to find or very pricey
figured it was another wild-goose-chase -- but NO, it was good info :)

so I clicked a couple into my cart and peeked around for any other deals I couldn't refuse - and there it sits; the Centurion 26650
have been kinda keeping my eye on that one, but just never pulled the trigger - $49 was the best I'd seen and thought if it $ dropped, I'll jump ($45 it's mine, into cart)

so I've always figured the AMOR was the cross-over tank that joyetech/eleaf never built (shoulda) it reminds me of the GS air MS tank, but use CLR - it took Wismec to marry the two together :facepalm:
upload_2017-2-19_1-7-32.png

* * * I need another tank like I need an incurable disease - but how could I turn down the mystical frosted tank. . . :ohmy:
upload_2017-2-19_1-28-48.png
upload_2017-2-19_1-26-45.png
upload_2017-2-19_1-34-46.png

:evil:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Question: I've rebuilt 2 clr coils. One is 1.33 ohms. Is that acceptable? I know stock coils come at 1.0 and .5, so I just want to be sure.

so what ohm do you shoot for ?

that's the big deal about the CLR (and any rebuilding you do) is to make the coil YOU want in the HEAT RANGE YOU prefer

I like a nice warm vape, but NOT hot /// I build HOTTER coils for wife /// and VERY HOT for my daughter (kids)/// don't do many for my sister, but she likes them COLD
some eJuices I have JUST WON'T take heat, others I can climb way up in watts

most recently I got that AUTO POWER device and had to play around to find the ohms that worked as I wanted...

so I would say you're good from a range of -- { . to 5.0Ω } -- the CLR will handle it, if your mod can handle it - can you handle it :evil:

:danger:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Got a couple new tanks in today, the Wismec Amor. It uses the 1.0 CLR coil, and I'm really enjoying it. It's 2.5ml and has frosted glass, a look I've long admired but somehow wound up never buying.

Thanks to @ToolmanTexas for not only telling me about the atty but providing a link where they are on special for $10 apiece.

Wismec Amor Tank

Great service from these folks in Bradenton, Fla. Ordered the tanks Thursday night and got them in the mail today at noon.
Mike any leaking?

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
so I got excited, when I seen Mikes post about the AMOR - they were growing into a legend because they were hard to find or very pricey

so I clicked a couple into my cart and peeked around for any other deals I couldn't refuse - and there it sits; the Centurion 26650
have been kinda keeping my eye on that one, but just never pulled the trigger - $49 was the best I'd seen and thought if it $ dropped, I'll jump ($45 it's mine, into cart)

so I've always figured the AMOR was the cross-over tank that Joyetech/Eleaf never built (shoulda) it reminds me of the GS air MS tank, but use CLR - it took Wismec to marry the two together :facepalm:
View attachment 636461

* * * I need another tank like I need an incurable disease - but how could I turn down the mystical frosted tank. . . :ohmy:
View attachment 636467 View attachment 636463 View attachment 636471
when i saw the wismec amor tank that @MikeADore linked to I thought it looked very much like the GSAir MS too. My favorite tank from the time I bought my first mod and tank. Still is. I have since stocked up on a few others and I keep telling myself I should use them once in a while but why mess with perfection :wub:.

But since this little tank is much like it maybe I'll try it.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
when i saw the wismec amor tank that @MikeADore linked to I thought it looked very much like the GSAir MS too. My favorite tank from the time I bought my first mod and tank. Still is. I have since stocked up on a few others and I keep telling myself I should use them once in a while but why mess with perfection :wub:.

But since this little tank is much like it maybe I'll try it.

yepper, how could it be bad - (in my mind)

with the CLR coil in play, a design that looks like other tanks (I) (we) (many) enjoy, I think it is more than worthy of a try (about as close as ya'd get to a sure thing...) :D:D

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

so I've always figured the AMOR was the cross-over tank that Joyetech/Eleaf never built (shoulda) it reminds me of the GS air MS tank, but use CLR - it took Wismec to marry the two together :facepalm:
View attachment 636461

View attachment 636467 View attachment 636463 View attachment 636471
If I remember right, Totally Wicked made the first GS Airs but they called them CS Air. My first one was a TW. GS Air was Eleaf's name for them. The best little tank around with either name.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
those center pins are just that : a pin, no threading to it -- I don't know why they have the 'slot' to simulate a screw :)
but they are just a smooth pin stuck in the silicone groment
they are sorta self-adjusting - by screwing your coil in tight the pin is pushed out to the proper length (which corresponds to the pin sticking out that touches your mod positive pin)

View attachment 636241 View attachment 636243

I have 3 "Egg Rolls" that work/connect fine...

A 4th only gives me the "No Atomizer" message...

I've tried replacing its coil (multiple times)...and have tried it on multiple (spring-loaded 510) Mods...

I'm thinkin' the next step would be to ""extend" its 510 pin...

But...how does one extend a "smooth pin"...with "no threading to it"..."stuck in a silicone grommet"???

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Sad to see em go, another excellent vendor gone. I wasn't a big customer as I diy, but I did keep some Frenilla, and CLS 0 nic on hand to use as flavoring in some of my mixes. I bought 30mls of each recently, which should last for quite awhile with what I already had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread