eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Have you tried those Ti coils in TC mode? How do they perform? Any good?

that's all there was when I started TC (before SS)
I liked them just fine, the Ti was a little tricky to coil, and then the fear of breathing the fumes while dry burning... :cry:

:evil:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Have you tried those Ti coils in TC mode? How do they perform? Any good?
Yup... they work fine on a mod that handles Ti TC properly. I never dry burned the coils, though... rinsed, brushed, rewicked, but no burn. Gunked and gone, as it were... I also never had any real problem recoiling with Ti even though it's a bit springy. I installed the coil, and, with the mandrel still in place, tugged the coil tight from the bottom and bent the leads before installing the grommet and pin. Then, I would wick and tweak the coil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Glass type tank-
Genoa - by Caravela - Modder is Pedro Carvalho in Italy - not cheap- you tube video below

Oh, Senhor Pedro Miguel Carvalho (he's in Portugal). The maker of the world's most beautiful mods and atties. Always wanted one. Especially this combo, which belongs to our friend @LouisLeBeau --Caravela with a Vela Latina atty...

2dhu454.jpg

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Oh, Senhor Pedro Miguel Carvalho (he's in Portugal). The maker of the world's most beautiful mods and atties. Always wanted one. Especially this combo, which belongs to our friend @LouisLeBeau --Caravela with a Vela Latina atty...

2dhu454.jpg
I really, really miss @LouisLeBeau :(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I really, really miss @LouisLeBeau :(

Is he no longer "over there" either? I didn't realize he was GONE. That bites. Nothing's wrong, is it? That you know of, at least?

Am I not supposed to... oh - screw it. Things is what they is.

I hope LLB is OK. I had a lot of fun with him, back before The Great Divide.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Is he no longer "over there" either? I didn't realize he was GONE. That bites. Nothing's wrong, is it? That you know of, at least?

Am I not supposed to... oh - screw it. Things is what they is.

I hope LLB is OK. I had a lot of fun with him, back before The Great Divide.

Maybe he started smoking again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well shoot, trying to build an approximate 1.35Ω coil today for a mech mod I have coming, that these Amor, ego one clr's are best left to a regulated mod. I spent about an hour, and about 2' of wire trying to get one right, and the best I could do was 1.55Ω. I could wrap 2 coils the same and each one would read different, both being too high. At least on a regulated, if I shoot for 2.0Ω, and it comes out between 2.0, and 3.0Ω, no big deal.
My last try was 29g kanthal, 2.0mm dia., 7 wraps slightly spaced. I'd be almost willing to bet, if I did another one, it would be different, too much different.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
He's around.

If you want to see his latest posts, just do a forum search. ;)

I'm not going to stalk the man (or anyone for that matter), but thanks, Katya. If he's chosen to stay away from the playgrounds, I respect his reasons. We all have them (for something or another). :cool:

I'm just glad he's OK. :thumb:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well shoot, trying to build an approximate 1.35Ω coil today for a mech mod I have coming, that these Amor, ego one clr's are best left to a regulated mod. I spent about an hour, and about 2' of wire trying to get one right, and the best I could do was 1.55Ω. I could wrap 2 coils the same and each one would read different, both being too high. At least on a regulated, if I shoot for 2.0Ω, and it comes out between 2.0, and 3.0Ω, no big deal.
My last try was 29g kanthal, 2.0mm dia., 7 wraps slightly spaced. I'd be almost willing to bet, if I did another one, it would be different, too much different.

Are you using some kind of coil wrapping gizmo? I do and my coils are really good and consistent. Also, did you try 2.5 mm ID?

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I use a coil master for wrapping, and yes, I tried 2.5mm first. 2.5mm is what I use in all my other clr's. The only thing I didn't try was a different base, and head. Could be something wonky in one or the other of those. Maybe mess with that tomorrow.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I'm not going to stalk the man (or anyone for that matter), but thanks, Katya. If he's chosen to stay away from the playgrounds, I respect his reasons. We all have them (for something or another). :cool:

I'm just glad he's OK. :thumb:
I send him messages on Facebook. I just haven't lately. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread