eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I cleaned and loaded up my new Amor tank yesterday, same good flavor as my week old Ego One tank. I used a rewicked coil in it, tightened snug, put in the base and checked resistance, all good until I tightened the tank on the base then no resistance. I had to unscrew the base slightly to get it to work. So far all three of my CLR coils on two tanks have been squirrely with connections I've had to fiddle with them each time to get a connection, sometimes no connection, sometimes resistance changes. Tightening everything down seems to cause it. On one I had to loosen the tank on my spring loaded istick to get it to read. Once set I leave it alone and it does fine.
Flavor with the rewicked coil is as good as new, the coil looked pretty clean without dry burning which I don't want to do with the leads against the silicone insulators.
Update: I took apart a CLR to see how it all fits together, and noticed the groove for the coil wire. Next time I put in a coil I will check everything is in order before putting in the base.
Anyone know if there is a clear replacement glass on fasttech for the frosted Amor glass?

Last edited:
Reactions: Katdarling

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I just received two Amor's from TW, and one has a loose tube, and the two metal caps that hold it are so tight I can't budge it. The tube must have been cut just a tad short.
I don't bother dry burning my coils, I just keep a couple pre built and swap em out when the wick needs to be changed, then when I have a few minutes, I rebuild them, and put them in the drawer ready for use.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Hey guys I need some advice from the eGo One'ers who MTL. I DTL my Mega's at 0.5 ohms so I have no idea what will work best for a MTLer.

One of my mom's friends is going to take another stab at vaping to quit smoking. She's 65 (smoking for over 50 years now :shock:) and I've talked her into grabbing a couple of eGo One Mega VT kits from URVapin. I also directed her to Fasttech to grab a pack of the 1.0 ohm MTL CLR coils.

She doesn't want anything too complicated and doesn't want to have to learn a bunch about vaping... she just wants a good vape that's easy to use.

My question is: should I rebuild those coils to 1.5 or 1.8 ohms? Should I just leave them as is?
What nic level are you guys using with those 1 ohm or 1.5 ohm coils? I'm using 4 mg nic myself so I'll be mixing up some juice for her and I'm thinking 8mg to 10mg might be a good start. She smokes light cig's, maybe around 15 to 20 a day.

Any guidance is appreciated. :) She lives an hour away from me so when I go over to see her when her kits arrive I want to be armed with everything I need to get her up and going for at least a month or two.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hey guys I need some advice from the eGo One'ers who MTL. I DTL my Mega's at 0.5 ohms so I have no idea what will work best for a MTLer.

One of my mom's friends is going to take another stab at vaping to quit smoking. She's 65 (smoking for over 50 years now :shock:) and I've talked her into grabbing a couple of eGo One Mega VT kits from URVapin. I also directed her to Fasttech to grab a pack of the 1.0 ohm MTL CLR coils.

She doesn't want anything too complicated and doesn't want to have to learn a bunch about vaping... she just wants a good vape that's easy to use.

My question is: should I rebuild those coils to 1.5 or 1.8 ohms? Should I just leave them as is?
What nic level are you guys using with those 1 ohm or 1.5 ohm coils? I'm using 4 mg nic myself so I'll be mixing up some juice for her and I'm thinking 8mg to 10mg might be a good start. She smokes light cig's, maybe around 15 to 20 a day.

Any guidance is appreciated. :) She lives an hour away from me so when I go over to see her when her kits arrive I want to be armed with everything I need to get her up and going for at least a month or two.
I doubt 8 mg will be enough for MTL vaping to get off smoking, I would start with at least 12 mg at 10 or 11 W, and if that doesn't work, you can go up to 18, etc. I vape at 18 to 24 mg typically MTL, but using nic salts juices I'm vaping 32mg NET nic salts right now ;) Of course I was on the full strength end of cigarettes before quitting 3 years ago, and I only vape about 2ml a day.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I cleaned and loaded up my new Amor tank yesterday, same good flavor as my week old Ego One tank. I used a rewicked coil in it, tightened snug, put in the base and checked resistance, all good until I tightened the tank on the base then no resistance. I had to unscrew the base slightly to get it to work. So far all three of my CLR coils on two tanks have been squirrely with connections I've had to fiddle with them each time to get a connection, sometimes no connection, sometimes resistance changes. Tightening everything down seems to cause it. On one I had to loosen the tank on my spring loaded istick to get it to read. Once set I leave it alone and it does fine.
Flavor with the rewicked coil is as good as new, the coil looked pretty clean without dry burning which I don't want to do with the leads against the silicone insulators.
Update: I took apart a CLR to see how it all fits together, and noticed the groove for the coil wire. Next time I put in a coil I will check everything is in order before putting in the base.
Anyone know if there is a clear replacement glass on fasttech for the frosted Amor glass?
I just received two Amor's from TW, and one has a loose tube, and the two metal caps that hold it are so tight I can't budge it. The tube must have been cut just a tad short.
I don't bother dry burning my coils, I just keep a couple pre built and swap em out when the wick needs to be changed, then when I have a few minutes, I rebuild them, and put them in the drawer ready for use.
Now I'm having second thoughts about buying the Amor tanks. Maybe I should just buy more of the eGo One Mega tanks (Tootsie Rolls, right?).

Reactions: DPLongo22

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well, this is one bad one out of 8 that I have bought. I contacted TW about it, so I'll see what they will do.
I've got an ego one mega I can't use either, so, for an item that costs $10.00, you have to expect, I think, that they all aren't gonna be perfect.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
DO you mean the chimney is loose, wiggles around? You should contact TW and see if they will replace it. I'm thinking about buying another one, first one is ok.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

I doubt 8 mg will be enough for MTL vaping to get off smoking, I would start with at least 12 mg at 10 or 11 W, and if that doesn't work, you can go up to 18, etc. I vape at 18 to 24 mg typically MTL, but using nic salts juices I'm vaping 32mg NET nic salts right now ;) Of course I was on the full strength end of cigarettes before quitting 3 years ago, and I only vape about 2ml a day.
Agree with David. I too vape no more than 2mls a day, strictly MTL, and used to smoke Marlboro lights, PAD. I can't imagine 8-10mg will be enough. I started vaping at 18mg and cut down to 12mg about 3 months later. I had tried 12mg at the beginning and it just wasn't enough nic. And she won't get enough TH with 8mg at the beginning.

It took me a year to get down to the 6mg where I'm staying.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)

0.5ohm coil in a 1.0ohm CLR (little bottom hole) gives me a perfect MTL.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016

Agree with David. I too vape no more than 2mls a day, strictly MTL, and used to smoke Marlboro lights, PAD. I can't imagine 8-10mg will be enough. I started vaping at 18mg and cut down to 12mg about 3 months later. I had tried 12mg at the beginning and it just wasn't enough nic. And she won't get enough TH with 8mg at the beginning.

It took me a year to get down to the 6mg where I'm staying.

Thank you so much! I'll mix her some 18mg, 15mg and some 12mg and she can decide what she needs. I guess I'll leave the CLR's at 1 ohm but I think I'll rewick all of them with rayon for her. :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Thank you so much! I'll mix her some 18mg, 15mg and some 12mg and she can decide what she needs. I guess I'll leave the CLR's at 1 ohm but I think I'll rewick all of them with rayon for her. :)
Sounds like a plan. I like cotton myself, but only played with rayon a couple of times. :)

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
0.5ohm coil in a 1.0ohm CLR (little bottom hole) gives me a perfect MTL.

Thanks for the suggestion! I think to get started I'll leave her with 1ohm. If and when she decides she can completely leave the cig's behind we'll start experimenting.

When I quit, I tried MTL at the beginning and I really struggled for about 6 to 8 weeks to get rid of the cravings. Then one day, I tried a DTL hit and never looked back. MTL wasn't cutting it for me.

So now I DTL anywhere from 0.4 ohms up to 1 ohm but generally stick to around 0.5 to 0.6 ohms.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I like MTL at higher resistance. But, as long as I'm using VW, it doesn't matter. I just leave my mod set at around 7W and any difference in resistance is automatically taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread