Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I like the air flow (3mm wick, afc wide open)

though I have to say I liked the 2.5mm set-up
but I just wanted more Cotton inside...

when I fool with the 'gold pin' (3.5mm + insert)
I need to close it off some

the 3.5mm alone is to much for my liking...

:)

Isn't it Amazing how one can Fine Tune their Hit when they Build their Own coils?

:thumb:

Reactions: aldenf

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - Doesn't it look like this tank uses eGo ONE coils?

201507091142264047.jpg

I hope so. Because I just Bought one. If it does, Bye-Bye hard to see Tiny e-Liquid Windows.

LOL

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
my technique is wrap a 3.0mm
then insert a plastic Q tip stock into coil
place that into coil body slots
screw the CLR cap back on
and it lightly holds it all in place

a nice trick is to screw the flow ring up a few threads
to get the coil height you prefer...

once bottom is assembled
unscrew cap, Qtip falls out...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
my technique is wrap a 3.0mm
then insert a plastic Q tip stock into coil
place that into coil body slots
screw the CLR cap back on
and it lightly holds it all in place

a nice trick is to screw the flow ring up a few threads
to get the coil height you prefer...

once bottom is assembled
unscrew cap, Qtip falls out...

I like the Tech of putting the CLR Cap back on. Will have to try that one!

MN_Mike

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
St. Cloud, Minnesota
I just picked one of these up Monday. I love it. It's nice to have something that you don't have to mess with. I like to keep my vaping as simple and hassle free as possible. I've been looking around online and have noticed they sell Nickel and Titanium coils with really low resistance. Are they safe to use on the ego one battery?

Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I just picked one of these up Monday. I love it. It's nice to have something that you don't have to mess with. I like to keep my vaping as simple and hassle free as possible. I've been looking around online and
have noticed they sell Nickel and Titanium coils with really low resistance. Are they safe to use on the ego one battery?

NO, the Ti, Ni metals are not for use in standard VW devices
but not to worry, Joyetech is about to release the new eGo ONE TC (temp control) devices

- http://www.joyetech.com/product/ego-one-vt/?age-verified=7e9f4010c9
- http://www.joyetech.com/detail/?pid=11306

- http://www.joyetech.com/download/?vid=11874

gotts me interested…

Reactions: Foggy Road

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I tried two of these eGo ONE tanks, and also the CLR coils, only to have chronic leakage through the AFC. Is that still a problem with these tanks? Also, is the eGo ONE Mega better at not leaking? Just wondering because it seems these tanks continue to draw fans.

I just pulled the trigger on a Delta 2 with the RBA because my Subtank Mini is just too hot, no matter what wattage I run. I was thinking the Delta 2 would be a good match for the eGo ONE Mega battery or an iJust2 battery.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I tried two of these eGo ONE tanks, and also the CLR coils, only to have chronic leakage through the AFC. Is that still a problem with these tanks? Also, is the eGo ONE Mega better at not leaking? Just wondering because it seems these tanks continue to draw fans.

I just pulled the trigger on a Delta 2 with the RBA because my Subtank Mini is just too hot, no matter what wattage I run. I was thinking the Delta 2 would be a good match for the eGo ONE Mega battery or an iJust2 battery.

I have 2 eGo One Tanks.

One is a Clone from FT. It Leaks like a Sieve.

The other is a Genuine eGo One Tank. It Doesn't leak at all.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Both of mine were genuine eGo ONE thanks purchased from My Vapor Store. I did everything I could think of to fix the problem--even learned to build my own coils with the CLRs, but all to no avail. I really loved the form factor of those tanks on the eGo ONE battery, but I couldn't chance tossing it into my pocket and then having juice run down my leg.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I have 6 ego one tanks
mini/std/xl/mega
not one of them leak ever

I have very little useage with stock coils
mostly went straight to CLR

sometimes during tear down I find a little
juice/condensation in the air chamber (base)
but that seems normal

my tanks seem authentic Joye
bought from 2 vendors

I get more wet in the upper air tube/drip tip

“Q”
•is the bottom o-rings in place
•what %/%
•do you wet/lube all joints before assembly
•tighten an open coil with a tool (in&out as per thread tapping)

:unsure:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Both of mine were genuine eGo ONE thanks purchased from My Vapor Store. I did everything I could think of to fix the problem--even learned to build my own coils with the CLRs, but all to no avail. I really loved the form factor of those tanks on the eGo ONE battery, but I couldn't chance tossing it into my pocket and then having juice run down my leg.

You might try Soaking the Airflow Base in VG (or a regular e-Liquid) for 24 Hours. Sometimes you can Swell an O-Ring by submerging it in a Fluid.

Probably won't work. But if you have Tried Everything else, it's worth a Shot.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

BTW - The e-Liquid is coming out between the Air Flow Ring and the Base, Right?

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Thanks for giving me helpful advice, but I no longer have those two tanks, but I do have a new Delta 2 on the way. In any case, it seemed that a lot of condensation would build up in the chimney of the eGo ONE tank, regardless of coil type. Eventually, the condensation would drain into the coil, flooding it, and then drain into the AFC. It did all of this without gurgling even once, the juice would drip out of the air holes and get all over my hands.

I guess a part of me hopes that there was a problem that has been since fixed by Joyetech.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
“Q”
•is the bottom o-rings in place
•what %/%
•do you wet/lube all joints before assembly
•tighten an open coil with a tool (in&out as per thread tapping)

:unsure:

Thanks for your thoughts and questions. Yes, all of the O-rings were carefully in place, and I did take very good care to check. Also, yes, I lubed all the joints before assembly, kind of like putting an oil filter on an engine. No, I didn't use any tools on the tank or the coils, just a paper towel if the coil was too tight or something. I was using 65PG/35VG juice at the time, which I should point out does not leak profusely from my Nautilus Mini or my Subtank Mini. So, I didn't think to blame the juice viscosity for the eGo ONE's leaking.

Reactions: pufZeppelin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread