Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You are right, the coil WILL rust (even the SS). The heat in the coil will speed up the rust process and the coil will rust very quickly. I see that already on the first rewick.
Please don't put words in my mouth that I did not say. I to date have not noticed any 'rust' on any of my coils. SS, kanthal, or nichrome 80. Maybe I change them out more often than you do. Dunno. But I never said that I saw any rust, I was challenging you to show me via pic but to date no pics so far that do so.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Please don't put words in my mouth that I did not say. I to date have not noticed any 'rust' on any of my coils. SS, kanthal, or nichrome 80. Maybe I change them out more often than you do. Dunno. But I never said that I saw any rust, I was challenging you to show me via pic but to date no pics so far that do so.
Well, I beg your pardon. I may still misunderstand some issues in this for me new coil business ... :)

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Well, I beg your pardon. I may still misunderstand some issues in this for me new coil business ... :)

Winblows - so no misunderstanding.
Are you seeing rust on the clr coils ?
Also do you rinse coils or have distilled water in your e-liquid.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
No worries, I will still try to be of help where I can. I still think you are mistaken burnt ejuice for rust tho. Just my 2 cents.

:)

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
@Sugar_and_Spice & @Dieseler ...
I don't have any pictures of my coils in between the rewicks, but I'll make some soon ...
What I have seen until now is something, that looked like rust, but of course, it could have been residues of the burnt juice.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
What I have seen until now is something, that looked like rust, but of course, it could have been residues of the burnt juice.

Carmelized or "burnt" liquid residue is what most all of us see on our coils over time. If you dry burn it and it turns into gray ash, you will know for sure.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
A lot of wire has a certain % of chromium and when first heated such as in toasters form a barrier on surface that protects from rust - thats what i have read.

Not and expert but ni-chrome and Kanthal A-1 and a good grade SS are supposed to be highly resistant to heat and rust.
Ni-chrome wire such as in a toaster heating element has 20%chromium and a decent grade SS has at minumum 10.5% .
The chromium forms a protective barrier on the wire to resist rust the higher % in the wire used the higher the resistance to rust forming.
The greyish color we often seen may be that barrier that forms on outside of the wire - not sure but have seen it arrive when i pulse newly wrapped Kanthal A-1 coil to burn off any oil residue that may have been left behind in manufacturing process.

The same color is there after use in my my Lionel smoke units that use Ni-Chrome wire .
Have yet to see any rust on coils after being several months old and on the ni chrome smoke units that are 60 years plus old.

Again i'm far from being an expert on the subject just what i observe. and have never tried SS wire .

When i clean my clr coils i just pulse them without cotton until they they look clean.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
My fairly new Ego One V2 has recently starting to have small amount of juice appear on the base and even the glass above the air slot seam. I suspect it's from the vapor that tend to come out the air slot after I let off the firing button . I usually try to let off the button and draw a litttle more. Anyone else have this happen? It didn't do it in the beginning (or I didn't notice) and doesn't happen with my Amor tank.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Carmelized or "burnt" liquid residue is what most all of us see on our coils over time. If you dry burn it and it turns into gray ash, you will know for sure.
Exactly! Gray ash. That's what I've clearly seen many times after a dry burn :)

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
My fairly new Ego One V2 has recently starting to have small amount of juice appear on the base and even the glass above the air slot seam. I suspect it's from the vapor that tend to come out the air slot after I let off the firing button . I usually try to let off the button and draw a litttle more. Anyone else have this happen? It didn't do it in the beginning (or I didn't notice) and doesn't happen with my Amor tank.
Yes. After a puf, the vapor is still present in the airflow and the driptip holes. When cooled down it turns back to liquid as drops.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Exactly! Gray ash. That's what I've clearly seen many times after a dry burn :)
The grey then is not rust just leftover residue .
Hope all the members that posted about it have helped you feel more at ease.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
EightVape just dropped the price of the Sigelei Mini Book 40w TC Box Mod down to only $13! Two of the colorways have already sold out but it looks like stainless steel is still available. Quantity is very limited though; as of now, they only have about 30 left in stock. Don’t wait too long to claim one for yourself. Shipping is FREE on US orders over $49+.

Sigelei Mini Book

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois

It may or may not work but i had a problem with an ego mega tank leaking out the airhole after a half tank vaped turned out it was the clr itself . It would tighten in but had the very slightest play as the threads were defective and letting e-liquid down into base passing by the black o-ring.
A newly installed clr fixed the problem.

It is normal for some e-liquid to accumulate into the base overtime as the un burnt e-liquid will find its way straight down the middle of the coil head via its airhole and into base so once in a while i take out the clr and rinse out the base and tissue dry.
Some folks blow them out as well.

With the pico-s it has 2 round airholes and i insert 18g needle through 1 and suck out any e-liquid that may be in there thus avoiding blowing or unscrewing clr head and rinsing the base out.
This works better personally for me and is less messy and 1 of several reasons i favor the pico-s over mega tanks now after vaping with them the last 4 to 5 weeks.
But we are all different !

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
EightVape just dropped the price of the Sigelei Mini Book 40w TC Box Mod down to only $13! Two of the colorways have already sold out but it looks like stainless steel is still available. Quantity is very limited though; as of now, they only have about 30 left in stock. Don’t wait too long to claim one for yourself. Shipping is FREE on US orders over $49+.

Sigelei Mini Book

I have one of these (paid $20 for mine) and after 6+ months as my work mod, it's holding up really well.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
It may or may not work but i had a problem with an ego mega tank leaking out the airhole after a half tank vaped turned out it was the clr itself . It would tighten in but had the very slightest play as the threads were defective and letting e-liquid down into base passing by the black o-ring.
A newly installed clr fixed the problem.

It is normal for some e-liquid to accumulate into the base overtime as the un burnt e-liquid will find its way straight down the middle of the coil head via its airhole and into base so once in a while i take out the clr and rinse out the base and tissue dry.
Some folks blow them out as well.

With the pico-s it has 2 round airholes and i insert 18g needle through 1 and suck out any e-liquid that may be in there thus avoiding blowing or unscrewing clr head and rinsing the base out.
This works better personally for me and is less messy and 1 of several reasons i favor the pico-s over mega tanks now after vaping with them the last 4 to 5 weeks.
But we are all different !
I did replace the coil but the same thing happened, it's strange since I don't see juice coming out of the air slots it just suddenly appears around the seam of the base and above when I draw and vapor seeps around. The base was hard to get off But goes back on ok. Rather than fiddling with it more, for now I just set it aside and washed a new Amor tank and now using two of those. Yes I have noticed a little juice gets into the base is normal and I'm fine with that, haven't had any leak out the airholes or anywhere else on the Amors other than the little I see at the bottom of the base when I recoil. I am loving the CLR coils for vaping NETs, nice flavor, lasts longer than my Naughty coils and easily rewicked and recoiled. I'm actually vaping with more air open at 11 W on these where I typically vaped 8 to 9W with a tighter draw on my Triton mini, kabuki, or KF V3s.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA

Sigelei Mini Book

HealthCabin is selling these for $9.90 each but I think they only have black left. I ordered 2 :D

Sigelei Mini Book 40W TC MOD

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Does anybody know of any sites selling Ego one mega v2 battery only, for a good price? Thank you for any help.

If you don't mind waiting a bit, HealthCabin has a pretty good sale on eGo One tanks and batteries right now:

ego one series claerance sale

Edit: spelling mistake is from HealthCabin's page LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread