Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Got my ego one built with a 2.0 coil, and rayon wick on my Provari mini. Wow, think i'm gonna have to re formulate the juice, and cut back on some of the flavoring. So now to just use it awhile and see if it wants to start leaking. So far so good. :)

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
yepper , I love/loved my istick TC40w

it is about the perfect mod - IMO

40w is more than enuff
2600mah lasted me plenty long enuff
does TEMP CONTROL (if one cares, it's there)
the size is very near perfect for my hand
then best of all, it has a lanyard hole :w00t:

I came so close (oh so close) to buying many, many (a case) of the TC40w
SS threads / springy 510 pin / TC / lanyard / 2600mah / price

if you put an 18650 battery up against it, it looks like it COULD be made into a replaceable type :(

I just really like it, and ALMOST went big, & went home

in hand now, I have my TC40w with a new version 2 ego one 2 ml on it (1.55Ω @ 11.5w)

sweet little set-up :headbang:
I've bought 1 iStick 20w, 2-30w and a 40w. One of the 30w died suddenly (replaced with the 2nd). The rest are still in use. Probably still my most comfortable devices.

The FDA and the iStick 40's relatively short battery life in TC mode moved me toward 18650 mods. Found that I'm willing to give up a little comfort for a nicer, larger, more readable screen and quick battery replacement.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Got my ego one built with a 2.0 coil, and rayon wick on my Provari mini. Wow, think i'm gonna have to re formulate the juice, and cut back on some of the flavoring. So now to just use it awhile and see if it wants to start leaking. So far so good. :)

Just thought I'd ask before testing, do these have any tendency to leak when laying them down?

no they do not and should not...

unless the tank is not sealed properly
the whole system works on a vacuum seal inside the tank...

my findings are when most all my tanks (99%) get LOW on juice
the pressure changes inside the tank and allows seepage THRU the coil, then out the air flow
once any of my tanks get to say, 10% , I refill so this phenomenon does not occur...

only other occurance would be altitude change - driving up a mountain, flying, etc. ... (oooops & going fom cool to Hot)

upload_2016-7-30_23-5-41.png
upload_2016-7-30_22-44-57.png

Last edited:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Just thought I'd ask before testing, do these have any tendency to leak when laying them down?
No. We talked a little about this many pages back. There were, folks decided, only two things that made them leak:
1) major temperature change, such as going from air conditioned building to hot car,
2) letting the juice get very low, say around 10% full.

Yesterday I found a third way to cause minor leakage through the afc slots: Build a shiny, new, delightful stainless steel 304 awg 24 coil, (6 wraps on a 3/32" ~ 2.4 mm shank), install and vape, happily. When leakage began, opened tank and discovered that I had forgotten to put the top cap back on after wicking. This is not a good thing! :cool:

Last edited:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Anyone know what gauge wire they use to make the 0.5Ω CLR coil?

Bonus points for ID.
Good morning, rocketman. With kanthal, I did 6 wraps on a 3/32 i.d. and got approx. 0.48 ohms. That was with 26 gauge wire. From the look of it, the stock 0.5 coil is a thinner wire.

Reactions: Nanny22

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    No. We talked a little about this many pages back. There were, folks decided, only two things that made them leak:
    1) major temperature change, such as going from air conditioned building to hot car,

Yesterday I found a third way to cause minor leakage through the afc slots: Build a shiny, new, delightful stainless steel 304 awg 24 coil, (6 wraps on a 3/32" ~ 2.4 mm shank), install and vape, happily. When leakage began, opened tank and discovered that I had forgotten to put the top cap back on after wicking. This is not a good thing! :cool:
    Not a good thing but pretty funny:)

GranFumador

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2013
    Had a cat we named Dufus for the nutty things he did. He was a sweet Maine .... that was my buddy.
    The only time you were in danger from that big guy was teasing him a little when he was asking for food. I learned you didn't want to do that. LOL!

Maine .... cats combine all the best characteristics of Cheasapeake Bay Retrievers,
    hungry lions, rabid foxes, stand-up comics, and romantic poets. Best cats ever.

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

Except for#2, kinda like a carto then. I would be happy with that. I regularly take my carto w/ tank from the cool house, to out and about, with no problems. If this will do that it will become my out and about tank.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    Except for#2, kinda like a carto then. I would be happy with that.
    I regularly take my carto w/ tank from the cool house, to out and about, with no problems.
    If this will do that it will become my out and about tank.

we do this all year round
    seems I've overcome this by 'drawing' on the tank (unpowered) as I get out into the hot air
    my thinkin' is, draw in the warm air while also maintaining tank pressure...

longer trips require a separate container inside the ever present cooler for mods #2 and/or #3 ;)

Hi Franny

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread