eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Going off topic again.I got the cap off one of these dang Kanger OCC coils and pulled the coil out. Now how do I get a coil back in the dang thing?
I rebuilt one of those but the case on mine does not come apart. It's all one piece. I stuck the coil back in through the juice holes. Haven't tried it yet except to test it on a meter. It's 1.1Ω.

ETA: I rebuilt the .5Ω coil since I don't usually like that resistance anyway.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Going off topic again.I got the cap off one of these dang Kanger OCC coils and pulled the coil out. Now how do I get a coil back in :eek:the dang thing?

hey Franny

pretty easy, just like others - with exception ;
nice to find a mandrel to fit INTO juice holes on side of coil body
upload_2016-8-28_11-59-24.png

THEN, just wrap a coil (using that mandrel)
insert in coil body - - - - - :|
•slide mandrel thru to hold (pic #1)
•align tail legs and insert groment (pic #2)
•push in center positive pin clip wire ends (pic #3)
•add cotton and cap (pic #4)
•vape face off (or similar)

upload_2016-8-28_12-1-17.png

leave a little wick tail out makes re wickin easyier

ez-pz, & won't make ya sneezy

good luck
:D :)

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
hey Franny

pretty easy, just like others - with exception ;
nice to find a mandrel to fit INTO juice holes on side of coil body
View attachment 593959

THEN, just wrap a coil (using that mandrel)
insert in coil body - - - - - :|
•slide mandrel thru to hold (pic #1)
•align tail legs and insert groment (pic #2)
•push in center positive pin clip wire ends (pic #3)
•add cotton and cap (pic #4)
•vape face off (or similar)

View attachment 593965

leave a little wick tail out makes re wickin easyier

ez-pz, & won't make ya sneezy

good luck
:D :)
That's the way I do them with the exception of taking the top off. Only difference is I took the coil bodies, drilled the juice holes out to 3mm so I make a 3mm id coil to go in there. No more dry hits!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
That's the way I do them with the exception of taking the top off. Only difference is I took the coil bodies, drilled the juice holes out to 3mm so I make a 3mm id coil to go in there. No more dry hits!

sweet !

guessin' the holes are about ' 2.6mm - 2.7mm ' // 3mm won't fit, 2.5mm sloppy :w00t:

I still wrap a 3mm coil, then use a 2.5 mandrel (not drilled any yet)

I like and have good luck with the Kanger occ's, it's just I've let them idle while giving all my attention to CLR's

nice to have a groovy back-up plan... :thumbs:

:evil:

Reactions: FranC

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
sweet !

guessin' the holes are about ' 2.6mm - 2.7mm ' // 3mm won't fit, 2.5mm sloppy :w00t:

I still wrap a 3mm coil, then use a 2.5 mandrel (not drilled any yet)

I like and have good luck with the Kanger occ's, it's just I've let them idle while giving all my attention to CLR's

nice to have a groovy back-up plan... :thumbs:

:evil:
Hmmm....I used a 3mm drill bit to drill them out. They must have lied on the package. ;)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Thanx @GranFumador , @oplholik , @Cheechako and @pufZeppelin for the advice (and encouragement)...:headbang:

If I'm understanding correctly...for starters...to build a 1.0Ω to 1.8Ω coil for the CLR heads...I should order...

some Kanthal 30AWG...and...

some SS304 approximately 27 gauge...(or 316L 28AWG)...

Do any of yunz have a favorite site that carries both???

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Omg. I took one glance at those charts and was ready to throw all my wrapping crap away. Are they even in English?

was it these ya talkin about ?
upload_2016-8-29_16-54-45.png

unless you're into REALLY fine tuning your coil experience, no need to read all the stats
just a simple way to calc what ya might want to build... ;)

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Thanx @GranFumador , @oplholik , @Cheechako and @pufZeppelin for the advice (and encouragement)...:headbang:

If I'm understanding correctly...for starters...to build a 1.0Ω to 1.8Ω coil for the CLR heads...I should order...

316L stainless has a little molybdenum in it, for the benefit of welders. I don't do any welding with my vape gear, so I use 304, also commonly known as 18-8, which is used for surgery and better stainless steel cutlery. I get it in 1 lb dispenser cans from
general aviation shops, who list it as 0.015" aircraft lockwire. As mentioned earlier, it is ridiculously inexpensive. Be glad to send you some to play with before you commit to a larger–--but still very cheap----purchase. Shoot me a private message with your mailing address.

You, together with IMRs, introduced me to Derall juices, so I owe you one. :cool:

Last edited:

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Built my first coil on my CLR today. 28g kanthal, 2mm ID, 8 wraps with KGD. Came out to 1.5ohms and it's vaping great! I'm not sure if it was beginner's luck or if this thing is that easy to build. Either way, I'm a happy vaper!
Well, it's pretty easy, but you are obviously a coil-wrapping savant. :lol::thumb:

Seriously, congratulations. Makes me feel a lot more secure about my vaping future when I can wrap my own coils. Somehow, it might even make the taste a bit better, too.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Built my first coil on my CLR today. 28g kanthal, 2mm ID, 8 wraps with KGD. Came out to 1.5ohms and it's vaping great! I'm not sure if it was beginner's luck or if this thing is that easy to build. Either way, I'm a happy vaper!

Congratulations, SKYY! :toast:

'Bout time... :lol:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods

316L stainless has a little molybdenum in it, for the benefit of welders. I don't do any welding with my vape gear, so I use 304, also commonly known as 18-8, which is used for surgery and better stainless steel cutlery. I get it in 1 lb dispenser cans from
general aviation shops, who list it as 0.015" aircraft lockwire. As mentioned earlier, it is ridiculously inexpensive. Be glad to send you some to play with before you commit to a larger–--but still very cheap----purchase. Shoot me a private message with your mailing address.

You, together with IMRs, introduced me to Derall juices, so I owe you one. :cool:
Gerry, I never thought I'd be a 'TCer'. Mr. Fumador twisted my arm just a tad and I don't think I'll ever go back. Really nice thing about the SS is you can also use it in wattage, so it's sort of like Certs... '2 mints in one'. :thumbs: Also, it seems to last forever, along with the rayon. :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread