eGo-T 650mAh Battery charging question...

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by thxone, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thxone

thxone Senior Member Verified Member

I just need a quick, detailed explanation of the charging of this eGo-T 650mAh battery and the lights as it is charging. Can someone explain exactly what the lights should do as it is charging? What I have is the battery and a USB charger for it. Though not stamped with the "Joyetech" logo on the battery or USB charger they do look identical right down to the button on the battery. On the end cap of the battery it says "Dream Vapor" I am using my Blu wall charger to hook the USB charger to. The specs on the wall charger look to be the same as the Joyetech wall charger specs. Ok, here is what it does...

If I attach the battery by screwing it into the USB charger then plug it into my computers USB 2.0 port the red light comes on, on the charger, the button on the battery flashes 3 times then stays lit blue. After 8+ hours it was the same.

When I plug the USB charger into the Blu wall charger the red light comes on, on the USB charger, the button on the battery flashes three times then lights up blue... after a while the blue light goes off and the red light stays on. Is this normal?

As I am typing this, the light on the USB charger is now green... also, is this normal with what I have explained?

I am assuming it is charged fully now... please confirm :oops:

2. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member

I have a joyetech eGo-t and it has nothing on the bottom. I put it on the charger and the battery's led button which is white, blinks 5 times and goes off and the charger goes from green to red. When done charging the charger light goes to green indicating the battery is now charged. And it shouldn't take 8+ hours to charge - more like 2 or 3. So...

You may have a 510 charger - the specs should read like this (or similar like 120-300mA not 420mA:

[​IMG]

If it's an eGo charger - the specs should read like this Output: 4.2V 420mA:

[​IMG]

If the led on the batt is blue - you likely have a Riva.... best eGo clone/alternative, imo.

3. thxone

This is what I have... Does this look ok?

Top is the Blu wall charger
    Bottom is the USB
    [​IMG]

4. hammiepie

hammiepie Full Member Verified Member

Hmmm awesome!

5. Kent C

Should work fine thxone. Just wondering why that one charge took 8 hours...

6. hammiepie

hammiepie Full Member Verified Member

Just wondering do you need 8hours for first charge???

7. Kent C

No. I know that's not what some 'included directions' say, but that's been discussed here many times because it's a common question.Initial charge and the idea of "battery memory" belong to the NiCad era not the lithium-ion/polymer type of batt. See 'battery university.com' on charging li-ion batts....

8. thxone

Actually I still don't think it was done after 8 hours... the wall charger seems to work fine though.

9. Bamafan

Bamafan Full Member Verified Member

Our ego batts are all lithium ion?

10. Kent C

Lithium polymer HBG-130450 3.7v batt. is that one I've seen on 'autopsies' of the 650mAh batt.

11. lauraeleven

lauraeleven Senior Member

Was wondering if you can charge the ego-t 1000 with a 510 wall charger, seems to work with my 650 mah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.