eGo-T atomizer: step-by-step cleaning and maintenance by Shaka Zuluf

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzbo

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Orlando, Fl
I took apart a friend's eGo-T "A" atty after seeing this post and the wick material actually ran through the center of the coil...in other words, the coil was wrapped around the wicking material with both ends of the wick going up into the spike. Oops. I don't believe it was a genuine Joye atty, though...I'm assuming the genuine Joye attys are more like the OP's "wick in the spike hanging down onto coil" design. (or maybe Joye changed the build design?)

bilbonetta

Jan 7, 2013
Ireland
This article is brilliant. I took apart 3 Ego-Ts todays with the help of it and it's quite easy. Thank you very much.
I'll just put my two cents as well for what it's worth.

The wick is really easy to clean by burning the left over juices with a lighter if it doesn't come out with the wash. It becomes like new. Great idea.

For those that found it hard to remove the needle plate and need a very easy homemade tool, I used a black hair clip as in the picture below:

HairClip.jpg

It's flat which fits perfectly into the openings available on the sides of the needle plate. I just cut one of the fatter ends of the hair clip with a wire cutter. Then I twist that end to a 90 degree angle or like a hook, then insert it under the needle plate from one of the sides and pull...comes out perfectly in no time :D

Also, I noticed the wick of one of the automizers was very thin and short, regardless that the automizer and the coil was cleaned perfectly, it was giving me a dry burn taste and I think that's because it just can't transfer the juice properly and I ended up tasting burning coil instead. I am in the search to buy new wicks now :p and have that eternal automizer Shaka Zuluf was talking about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread