ego-T battery not screwing into charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downgraded286

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2015
Ohio
I ordered two of these batteries from fasttech. The cheap price and high capacity (without having a mod or some awkward huge battery) attracted me to them. Some two weeks later they show up...

I have two Puff King chargers that came with starter kits we bought at a B&M store. We've been using them with Tripl3 eGo batteries, one Puff King battery (and another Puff King battery, which was taken back and exchanged for another eGo-T battery, which broke), and so far no problems screwing any batteries in. These two from FT show up however and neither will screw into one Puff King charger, but they both did into the other (same charger, down to the model number and everything). Now, one battery from FT still screws in, but the other doesn't.

I took the non screwing in battery to a local B&M store and the guy there was able to screw it into one of their chargers. He handed it to me, and I unscrewed it, screwed it back in, unscrewed it again, and then neither of us could screw it in again. Now I have one battery from FT that will screw into one of my chargers, but not the other. The other battery will charge, but it has to just like sit in the charger and hope the connection stays okay for it to charge. I still have no problems screwing any of my other batteries into either charger, just these ones from FT. Also, it's worth mentioning that the FT batteries never seemed to screw in right... it always felt weird and finicky getting it to go in.

What's up with these batteries? They claim to be eGo/510 threaded, just like my other batteries. They look just like my other batteries too, except they won't screw in right...

Downgraded286

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2015
Ohio
I dunno about warranty, I already sent FT an email about it but never heard back yet. Not sure what I can do about it, they only cost less than $9 for both the batteries... If i have to ship them back myself that's already close to the cost of the batteries themselves and I'm out 2 batteries for like 3 weeks.

How could they both be bum threads? Seems a bit unlikely...

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I dunno it does seem unlikely that you'd get two with bum threads. Unless you got two that came off the line together and a whole batch has turds for threads. But for 9 for both I wouldn't worry too much about it. And honestly this is why I buy hardware like batteries from a B&M. You're gonna pay more, but most times you can test one out before you buy one, and if the one you buy doesn't do what the test one did, then you get your money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread