EGO-T with Leaking CE4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHUCKmfnNORRIS

Verified Member
Apr 22, 2010
CT
I have this kit and the CE4 leaks out the bottom on to the battery connections, i have a second CE4 and it does the same thing. i just got a glass tank from highdesertecig.com that came with 2 Smoktech DCT LR cartomizers and there is no problem with leaking. is this something normal with the CE4's? is there something i can do to stop the leaking onto the battery? am i doing anything wrong?

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Not all CE4s are the same. I have not had any problems with the Vision CE4s. But, one of my suppliers bought several boxes of long wick CE4s from Microcig and everyone that has been sold or used cracked and leaked through the clear plastic near the base plus leaked internally where the metal tube goes into the base. They would last anywhere from 10 seconds to a couple of days before the cracking and leaking would begin.

Maptec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Indiana
I have had these issues alot with the non vision CE4's. A few things you can do with this.

1. Take a pair of needle nose pliers and pull the post out a bit. make sure you screw it down to the battery BEFORE you fill them.
2. If you have cleaned them, make sure they are dry before you use them again. For some reason they seem to wick too fast if water is still in the wick.
3. Make sure the mouthpiece is making good contact so that you do not have a gap at the silicon cap.
4. Do NOT fill them up to the silicon cap. Only fill to the top of the numbers.

I do not know if you are a chain vaper but I have noticed with with most CE style carts, they will leak a bit if they get to hot or use too much in a short amount of time.

A lot of us have been through the same issues. Some have success in correcting the issues others have not. I have switched to the kanger T2's and while I have experienced no issues, that is not to say they do not have any flaws.

Don't fill CE4's past the top of the wicks, if you do they will flood, so make sure you stop well short of the silicone piece that sets on top of the wicks, also tilt them on an angle when filling or use a syringe so you don't get any e-liquid in the center hole, if you do it floods the battery. Used properly and with juices that don't crack tanks, CE4's work very well indeed. I have 5 of them and have been using 1 for 2 months now with no problems. I rotate the others but they get less use than the 1 I use for everyday vaping. I also like the T2's, but they vape a bit warm with some juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread