EGO TANK LR atomizer review.

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by ournature, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ournature

ournature Super Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2009
    bologna, ITALY
    Hi everybody,

i just received my first ego-t LR atomizer, i might be the first in the wolrd reviewing this product :)

this is going to be a first impressions review rather than a proper review as i'm just using this new toy for about a hour or so.

As advertised it measure 1.8 Ohms.

well, after blowing the primer off , puncturing and filling the tank (leaving some air as always) i took 5-6 false draws and let it sit for a coule of minutes.
    Then i started vaping, it took maybe 15-20 drags to the atty to break in and BOOM,
    it started producing a great amount of vapour, very nice hit and and a very good flavour possibly on par or better than a standard 2.2 ohm tanky.
    vapour is lil warmer than standard T's and you can take shorter draws as it vapourize faster.

As i'm not a fan of 'pure' LR's (1.5ohm) i'm very pleased this baby do not cook and waste flavours at all.
    In my opinion the decision to tweak the resistance to 1.8 was a great choise,
    I absolutely love this atty and believe it's a nice upgrade to the standard version.

I ddn't have to tweak anything to make it wick good,
    this unit i have it just wicks perfectly out of the box, i'm very very satisfied.

I can recommend it to any ego-t users, but i just need to see how it hold in the long term, if it does fine i will certainly stock these up instead of standard tankys.

2. proudlion

proudlion Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Winter Haven, FL
    thanks for the review, ournature - now I'm eager to try one

3. kellie

kellie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2009
    Binghamton, NY
    Very nice. Where did you get it from? I don't like the regular LR atty's but I will try these

4. Rachus

Rachus Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Indiana, USA
    Yay! Congratulations on the LR! I'm happy to hear you're pleased. Well done on the review as well. Let the vaping frenzy begin.

5. ournature

May 26, 2009
    bologna, ITALY
    It is sold by an italian joyetech reseller only at the moment but it will hit the world in few days i guess.

6. RubenX

RubenX Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Longwood
    Didn't knew the LR tanks were out already. Who carries them?

7. arjay55

arjay55 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2010
    - ɹəpun uʍop -
    Thanks for the early edition review ournature. I understand it's only early days, but at least it sounds alright from the get-go, which may not have been the case if they got them too hot. It will be interesting to see how long this one lasts in comparison to the regulars.

Are you still using the 650mah eGo-T style batteries with this low-res atty?

I bought a 900mah platinum one last week just to get a battery with that nifty switch.

8. ournature

May 26, 2009
    bologna, ITALY
    i'm using 650's and 900's with the LR at the moment.
    Both configuratons works great so far.

What i'm happy about is that the vaping experience is not so much different than the standard T atty.
    It just deliver a slightly warmer vapor, a more consistent hit and little more vapor.
    It's nothing about the difference between a standard 2.2 mega atom and an LR 1.5 mega.
    1.5 mega's ruin the taste in my opinion, this one do not.

9. Atari

Atari Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2011
    Charleston, WV
    Im hunting for one now, I need a couple more anyways

10. Elendil

Elendil Assclown Exterminator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 28, 2009
    IL USA
    As the OP said this seems to only be available in Italy, at a pretty high price. I am waiting to hear back from a couple of suppliers here as to when they might expect to see them.

11. Uncle Screwtape

Uncle Screwtape Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2010
    NE-IL
    I will definitely be trying these when they are available. I like my tank so far, but I think it needs to be kicked up one notch.

Elendil, please let us know what the suppliers have to say.

12. Michelle M

Michelle M Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2009
    Northern California
    Good review, thanks. I had seen this on a UK vapers site. I agree the tank needs more oomph to lure me away from my dripping ways. This may be just the needed tweak. Can't wait to try some.

13. deusXmchna

deusXmchna Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2010
    TX
    I wonder if we really needed to kick it up a notch... or if our tolerance is showing... or if the fact that most of us are tek geeks is showing :laugh:

14. cshipman

cshipman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2011
    South Carolina
    Ahhhh... Just found the next thing to add to my "gonna buy soon" list. Can't wait to get ahold of these.

15. alldayvape

alldayvape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2011
    Maryland
    it's weird that US Suppliers wouldn't sell this first... oh well.

16. DaMulta

DaMulta Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2009
    T-Town Oklahoma
    I heard Totally Wicked will have these in stock in another week or so.....

Can't wait!

hope they work as well as the normal ones do for me.

17. pinoypayter
    This message by pinoypayter has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jun 22, 2011, Reason: spammer.
    Feb 23, 2011
  18. SudokuGal

SudokuGal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2009
    USA-Florida
    Totally Wicked has them in stock as of today.

19. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Just ordered me a couple of them from TW $11ea I'm really wondering why there $3-4 cheaper than the regular Tank Atty's though. In there ad it says the LR's last not as long as the Regular tank Atty's so this much be the reason of the lower price, hope they last longer than a week.!

20. enki

enki Full Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Florida
    Since I work about 2 miles from the TW retail store in the US, I'll be picking up my LR atty tomorrow :).

21. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

If theres any left after everyone orders them all day today and tonight, hahahahahha good luck hope there still there for ya:laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.