Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Well now I know. Waste of time and money.The first one popped. The second one leaks. - I got about 8 good hours of vaping out of a pair of LRs.

Well, at least now I have experienced a leaking T atty. I've been reading about other peoples problems with them and wondering if they were doing something different than I've been doing that might cause a leak... Now I can feel certain it's just luck.

willr001

Feb 18, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
I'll have to post back later, but I just got 4 from TW, ohm out at 1.8, my batts seem to be regulated around 3.5, but I may be wrong, need to get a couple adaptors and make a passthrough for measuring loaded voltages, my normal t-atties were 2.4, so gives me about 6.8 watts instead of 5.1, so it's about 1/3 more wattage. It feel about that much of a difference, but at least for now, it seems to make a world of difference.

I always thought the ego-t vapor was a little cool and flavorless, this seems to have put it into slightly warm and flavorful. Also, the vapor quantity and thickness and throat hit are all improved. It's not true LR 8+ watt territory, but it certainly seems to correct my minor complaints with the regular t-attys.

Very happy so far, I'll try to remember to update in a few days when they're fully broken in. All I did when I got them was a hot water rinse, blowout, brief brief dry burn to get a little more of the water out, then load up a tank. Great flavor, wicking and vapor from the get go. No nasty primer taste. I did smoke some of the primer off one first just to see and i think it was just some mild PG tobacco blend or something. Not terrible.

I've had a couple LR tanks for a week or so now.

I am totally underwhelmed.

I thought they'd be perhaps exponentially better than the lackluster tank itself.

The verdict? Perhaps a smidgen better. A trifle warmer. Still, it takes about a year for the draw to reach you. Flavor is sadly missing. You've exerted all this effort (the mighty draw) for little return. In the quest for a good draw you really can just finally run outta suck. There. I said it. I expect to be (slightly) cringing or recoiling a bit after such a mighty draw. But no.

I'm using NHaler juices. I barely get any throat hit with the regular tank or LR tank and I'm using NHaler Camel, notoriously beastly throat hit on it ordinarily.

I will stick with dripping and call that good until this evolves a bit more.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
Am I understanding it correctly that LR T attys are okay (and better) to use with larger batteries? My batteries are 1000mAh and I'm needing new attys bad! I wanted to try the LR but I was worried that a larger battery would cause them to burn out faster. Do I have it backwards?

mine are working fine with 1000mah ego batteries.

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
I only got a week out of my first lr atty.. I have cleaned it using distilled water. Before cleaning, I could take 3-4 puffs, then the atty would get real hot. After first cleaning, the draw is very hard with little throat hit. Boiled again, same results, very hard draw with little throat hit. Atty doesn't seem to get hot right away, so I'm not sure what is going on. Anyone else experiencing this? The second atty will be a week old tomm., but is working well so far. At $11.00, they should last longer than a week. Other than that, I really like the ego t, but it is quite a bit more expensive than my other units. My leo continues to collect dust, but it makes a nice paper weight. rsmith76

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
Am I understanding it correctly that LR T attys are okay (and better) to use with larger batteries? My batteries are 1000mAh and I'm needing new attys bad! I wanted to try the LR but I was worried that a larger battery would cause them to burn out faster. Do I have it backwards?

You will be fine with the batteries that you have, they will do the job nicely.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It will be interesting to see what ohmage the Janty version will be when it comes out. They did intimate that there would be some fine tuning done on 'their' version.

Katya, you seem to have the early mail on these things. Have you heard anything more - re Janty eGo-T??

Oh, Arjay, you frightened me!!! What happened to your hair?

Sorry, missed your post. Yes, Janty is selling the JETS atties now, but no LR and no type B (cylinder) either.

I got my LR tornado-t atties and they are OK, but nothing extraordinary. On my eGo, the difference between the regular (2.1Ω) and the LR (1.8Ω) is very slight. However, the vape is much warmer and the vapor production is somewhat increased on 3.7v.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Oh, Arjay, you frightened me!!! What happened to your hair?

Sorry, missed your post. Yes, Janty is selling the JETS atties now, but no LR and no type B (cylinder) either.

I got my LR tornado-t atties and they are OK, but nothing extraordinary. On my eGo, the difference between the regular (2.1Ω) and the LR (1.8Ω) is very slight. However, the vape is much warmer and the vapor production is somewhat increased on 3.7v.

I had a pretty bad week last week. Had a possible (minor) heart attack on Tuesday. Had to get a stack of test done. Blood pressure = 200/102; Lung Capacity 78% Lung Function = Good (yay); Liver Function 80%; Diabetes Test = Type 2 confirmed; Stress Heart Trace - 1 enlarged chamber all else good (yay). All this has happening would turn anyone's hair grey, lol :)

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Stopped smoking the day I started vaping. Never had another one. After 42 years that was some mean feat I tell you. Especially as I didn't WANT to give up smoking in the first place. I was just lucky I guess. I got my 510 kit and some extra carto's here in OZ, and my menthol e-juice turned up from China the same day. I had put off buying more smokes and when I got the first carto filled I had one ciggy left in the pack. I threw that ciggy out about a month later. While I have access to e-cigs I'll never need another analog, in fact they make me feel a little ill just smelling them (except for the smell of a fresh lit one, which I think the cigarette companies put something on the end, because it smells way different to the rest of a smoke, and all cigarettes smell the same in that very first instant - to me)

As I said to my kids, I think the warranty has run out on my body, hehe.

The worst thing is all these medical costs and prescriptions are eating into my e-cig spending big time!!! {:eek:)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
My first LR atty just expired..... almost three weeks to the day with some fairly heavy and consistent vaping on it. I was using an Ecopure based liquid, and this particular mix is famous for killing atties (I usually get 5-6 days on a Bauway LR).

The atty was dry-burn cleaned 4 or 5 times.... and it finally expired with an open coil.

Soooo... this particular first-article ended up being quite a good value for me. I'm now on the second unit. We'll see how it performs in comparison.

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
My first LR atty just expired..... almost three weeks to the day with some fairly heavy and consistent vaping on it. I was using an Ecopure based liquid, and this particular mix is famous for killing atties (I usually get 5-6 days on a Bauway LR).

I think I'm done with these. Have 5 LR's from TW and they ALL taste burnt. Cleaned, etc. and still...burnt. Not real happy w/ the reg T-atty's either. They're great for the 1st few hours and then, bleh.

I was using the Ecopure as recommended by Cozzicon. Worked OK at 1st. Went back to my Johnson Creek Original and that didn't work out either. Now I'm back to my drip tip cartos.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread