Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I've documented a mod I did on an eGo battery extender to make it look like it belongs there instead of hovering up above your mod.

Nice. Really nice. - I've been thinking about how to do something like this for my roughstack. Now I can quit thinking and just follow directions. Thanks!

rchriste

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2010
Colorado
Nice. Really nice. - I've been thinking about how to do something like this for my roughstack. Now I can quit thinking and just follow directions. Thanks!

Thanks six. I know the directions are a little more detailed than necessary but I did that so *I* can remember how to do it. Another member was just telling me how he takes a grinder to the skirt of his eGo mega atty and I'm thinking that an alternative to this would be to put masking tape on your eGo atty, take a pipe cutter to it to cut the skirt off of the atty and remove the tape. No scars.... it might look good, it would be shorter... only problem is you'd have to mod every time you changed attys. It would be easier though than this mod of mine.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Thanks six. I know the directions are a little more detailed than necessary

Not at all. The more detail the better. - In fact, I'd like to ask for one more bit of information. Did you put a meter on this? Did it create more resistance and affect voltage at all?

My rough stack button is too close to the 510 connector to just cut the skirt off a mega or tank atty and use it direct. There's a 510 extension for using an old style 510 charger with an ego battery - but then that creates the exact situation you made this mod for (weird looking huge atty floating above the mod). So, your mod instructions are seriously serendipity.

rchriste

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2010
Colorado
Not at all. The more detail the better. - In fact, I'd like to ask for one more bit of information. Did you put a meter on this? Did it create more resistance and affect voltage at all?

My rough stack button is too close to the 510 connector to just cut the skirt off a mega or tank atty and use it direct. There's a 510 extension for using an old style 510 charger with an ego battery - but then that creates the exact situation you made this mod for (weird looking huge atty floating above the mod). So, your mod instructions are seriously serendipity.

Thank you six. I hope it all works for you. That being said.... I don't have a rough stack to test my theory on but I've seen one. I'm not so sure this will work any differently for you than cutting off the skirt. If the cut off skirt get's the atty too close to the button then I think my extension will as well. I mean, the diameter of the cone is going to be exactly the same either way and either way the skirt is going to interfere with the button on the rough stack. I don't know any of this for a fact. It's just speculation.

I just tried that alternate mod (taking a pipe cutter to the eGo-T atty) from Vapinsano and cutting part of the skirt off. The only problem with that method is the part of the inner sleeve that get's cut off is also the part of the inner sleeve (with the raspy ring around the inner sleeve) that prevents the atty guts from turning separate of the cone when you screw it onto your battery. Also, without the end stop of the inner sleeve you can easily shove the atty guts further into the cone and then that would mess up your tank alignment with the cone. It works but requires a lot of very gentle use. I know you weren't talking about using this method but since I'd mentioned it to you I thought I'd better report my findings on it.

You *MIGHT* have to use the batty extension UNmodded to get it to work with the eGo-T tank atty and a rough stack batty mod. I'm not even sure that will clear the button. In it's unmodded form, it has the tank atty hovering about a half an inch above your batty. Thanks again and if you remember, let me know how it turns out for you.

Ooops, forgot to answer your question. I DID have one that had about 3ohms of resistance after I first soldered it. That's why I mentioned in the instructions to check for shorts, opens and resistance before proceeding to the next step. If you DO get resistance at that point, get more solder into the hole and then reform your perfect mound of solder again. I have 8 of these adapters in use and they all read 0 ohms on my meter. It's not the best meter in the world but not the worst either.

If you have any more questions about this please feel free to ask me in the thread that describes this mod. I don't want to hijack this tread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread