• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ego tank users fall in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

smirkette

Feb 15, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I got mine a little less than a week ago and am LOVING it (once I thoroughly cleaned out the attys--they'd be primed with something nasty). tank lasts me about a day, depending upon how heavy I'm vaping. I find the flavor much cleaner with far less burning than when I was using carts. I lovelovelove that there's no filler to burn. The battery performance is also vastly superior than my No.7 micro (yes, that's probably pretty obvious to you, but it's be a lovely surprise for me).

Fingers crossed that mine doesn't develop any of the leaking issues so many seem to have...

tuakong

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2011
Singapore
I can imagine that you holding that tissue but how you change Gear? are you driving Auto?
So far i have not see much Problem using Janty eGo tanks. Maybe not yet. i heard some having problem when plug in and the liquids slip thru the atomizer and leaks to the battery.
for this issue is the Tank hole to big.

Yup, on Auto and you are spot-on! Yes, I noticed that the Tank hole for 2 of the carts were too big

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I just recieved 2 more Ego T atty's I bought for backups because I like the 2 I have now and they are still working great after a month. Yes you do need to clean them once in a while but you do with any atty. I have not had any leeking problems and they vape better than anything I have used to date. The only problem I have had Is with some e-juices and do not know why. It is not the thickness of the juice it is just some don't vape well. I sometimes blame the atty and changed juices on the same atty and it works great. Wish I understood WHY????

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I haven't had any leaks at all regardless of the kind of juice I'm using at any particular time, but I did notice a consistent loss of flavor with the tanks and I don't like the plastic-y taste I get from it. That seems to stick around whether I use a 1000mah or 650 mah ego battery.
So for me I'd rather drip or use a bottom fed mod.
I will pass the tank on to someone who needs a way to quit.
C.B.
:evil:

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
I found that my atty's worked fine for about 10 minutes, then dry hits. I adjusted wicks, up, down, sideways, hole in the wick. No leaks, but still having dry hits after about 10 minutes. I have some new silica rope to make some wicks. But for right now I'm enjoying dripping on regular and LR atty's till I find something better. I believe my juice didn't agree with my tank atty's. Not sure but at least now I'm getting my nic fix.

rko

Feb 19, 2011
sg
my JET just arrived a couple of hours ago. Too anxious to try and cant find any Isoprol around, so i used some left over abosolute citron to flush the primer away. Having fun with it and i think i can finish the tank before daybreak.

The feel is seriously like normal ciggies. Just that its without the tobacco smell and the vapour is not warm due to the buring of tobacco.

Lambch3p

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Sunny Tampa Florida
I am very happy with my Ego T. t is way better then consantly having to top off my 501. It is way neater, no leaking juice everywhere. It is simpler, fill it and go, no need to bring extra juice, battery chargers and things. There is also no wasted juice left in a cartage that you can't get out. It makes a ton of vapor and that makes me happy. With my ego T I don't miss smoking at all. I haven't had any of the leaking problems that I've heard about on the forum and I have 3 attys from different vendors, going with different flavors. I don't regret a dime of the money I spent on it. I would recomend to everyone as an easy to use, low mantainance e-cig.

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
as far as the burnt taste is concerned, i've only experienced that when i didn't have the tank properly seated...making sure it's all the way down and "clicks" is imperative.

also, i haven't had any leaks as of yet, and i've been using cheap (dekang) juice exclusively, and have reused my tanks at least 10x each (therefore, the holes in them are now HUGE, due to replacing them on the atty at least 10x each).

however, i did read ahead of time that leaking is much less likely if you make sure your ego-t is lying *flat* whenever not in use...in other words, don't lay it down at an angle (such as one would with an analog in an ashtray), and don't put it in a pocket, purse, briefcase, etc. vertically.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My tank started drawing noticeably harder after several weeks of use and began flooding often. I ran across the article below and it got me back to like new performance. Pop out the piercing tube plate (easy), clean the wicking and reset the height to the low point of the slant cut, do a dry burn while you have the plate out and can see the coil clearly, and re-assemble.

Hard draw contributes to flooding. When the tank is full, there's a small bubble inside. As you vape, the air bubble increases in size. Since air expands and can expand more when there's a big bubble, you can flood at the end of a tank, especially when you have to draw hard to make air flow through the coil area. Cleaning limits the tendency to flood by restoring air flow through the coil.

I didn't do the tea bag mod. I just cleaned the wick and reinstalled it so that the top of the "hat" was level with the lower part of the cut in the piercing tube. I did wash the atty by running it under hot water from a sink tap, followed by a dry burn, keeping the atty coil at a low cherry red level by pulsing the button repeatedly. I would avoid holding the button on continuously since full voltage to the coil with no juice present to cool it can make the nichrome element pop. Dead atty! Do the pulsing thing and save your atty coil!

Good info here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-ego-t-wick-mod.html?highlight=ego+tank+plate

Last edited:

ckgjt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Ga
I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes juice to leak at times. Although, I'm not sure that mine actually leaks since there isn't juice in the battery area. What I see is juice on the outside of the tank. (I know it's juice b/c of the color). Sometimes its dry as a bone and other times I pull it out and its all over it. Because of that I am constantly pulling out the tank every 10 mins or so to check.

I have filled it half full, almost full, kept it always tilted towards the mouthpiece. I have put a drop of straight VG in the tank to mix with my juice just to see if the leak was b/c the juice was too thin. I've used my own liquid I have made and liquid from mypvshop and nicvape. I have been using the same tank for a month and I pull off the end cap to fill and remove the tank dozens of times a day. No rhyme or reason as to why there is juice all over the tank one time and not the next. And it can happen with the same tank of liquid. I can't figure out what I have done differently each time. I make sure it's snapped in there completely.

But besides this issue there have not been any problems at all with the vape or atty. I guess it shouldn't bother me but I would still like to know what causes that.

raziel2662

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Singapore
i think i may be sharing the same problem with ckgjt. although i have only been using it for a day since receiving it in the afternoon. and i realized everytime i start to taste the burnt flavour, the liquid will usually be dripping a bit outside the tank. once i clean it up, it will usually taste fine for a while.

but sometimes i can go quite long without it having any burnt taste at all. it's quite random.

once in a while i open up the battery and see a few specks of liquid there though. is that normal?

wanted to ask you guys, if you put it in your pocket like i do, do you usually put it mouthpiece downwards or mouthpiece upwards?

and last but not least....is it okay to do the 5 click shutdown when you know you're not gonna be using it for the next hour or so? will doing this often spoil the battery in any way? '

i realized smoking it while tilted down works better for me than when i tilt it upwards. upwards usually gives me more burnt taste in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread