• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ego tank users fall in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I would imagine that tilting it downward would help keep the juice on the atomizer. I always keep mine tilted downward too.

I can't answer your question about the battery shut off because I don't have that type of battery.

When I put it in my pocket, I keep the mouth piece pointed upward.

Last edited:

raziel2662

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Singapore
hmm okay. but as an update, i honestly cannot tahan smoking my janty jets now. i'm still on the RY4 and it's burning my throat like hell. my throat is actually sore and there are times where i drag such a bad puff that it really feels like it's burning my throat. i don't know what the hell is happening. it's so inconsistent. sometimes i get okay drags, sometimes even very nice cool drags with lots of vapour but most of the time it's harsh and disgusting drags which make me cough.

MC28

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Singapore
hmm okay. but as an update, i honestly cannot tahan smoking my janty jets now. i'm still on the RY4 and it's burning my throat like hell. my throat is actually sore and there are times where i drag such a bad puff that it really feels like it's burning my throat. i don't know what the hell is happening. it's so inconsistent. sometimes i get okay drags, sometimes even very nice cool drags with lots of vapour but most of the time it's harsh and disgusting drags which make me cough.

You ordered liquid too right?? Were u previously a menthol smoker? Wait for the liquid to reach u and drink lots of water when vaping.

Maybe RY4 not to ur liking..

raziel2662

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Singapore
yes i did! from hc. but the china airmail is gonna take so long...if it even reaches my doorstep =|

i used to be a menthol smoker yes. i have stopped smoking completely since yesterday 12pm. i always drink 2litres of water a day at least....now i drink even more while vaping. it's a lot of water liao haha.

i was thinking it's the liquid also but how can it be? because once in a while i will get a nice smooth drag then other times it feels as if i'm vaping without any liquid on the atty at all! it hurts so much. it's like those situations where they say the atty is burning too fast and too much so you end up burning yourself. but i wouldn't know for sure since i newbie.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
however, i did read ahead of time that leaking is much less likely if you make sure your ego-t is lying *flat* whenever not in use...in other words, don't lay it down at an angle (such as one would with an analog in an ashtray), and don't put it in a pocket, purse, briefcase, etc. vertically.

I just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents on this subject.

I will start by saying that I ALWAYS leave my tank system vertical with the mouth piece facing up.
If it is in my pocket, it is mouthpiece up, if it is on my desk, always standing up with mouthpiece in air.

I have found, and if you do some experiments maybe you will too, that the surface tension of the juice at the hole keeps it in place quite well.

If you have a half full tank and set it sideways, you can literally watch the juice dump out the hole, where if the tank is full the surface tension will keep it in the tank, because the juice is fully covering the hole.

(I hope that makes sense)

I have had my ego-t (tornado tank, also have a Cignot ego-t low resistance atty as well) for a little over a month.

I have been running 3 attys at once since day one, I like to have 2 flavours on me at any given time, and a third at a different strength that I cycle to sometimes.

I have run everything from 100% PG juices, to 100% VG juices, and every combo of the two, through the tanks.

I have had ZERO problems with leaking, the closest thing to "leaking" I have had is if I have been vaping on a tank all day, and refill it without wiping down the condensation around the outside of the tank itself, and shove it back in there, the condensation will build up around the tank and some of it may eventually appear on the outside where the tank meets the atty.

I found that simply pulling that tank out once and a while and wiping down the condensation takes care of this well, so when I pop a tank out to check fill level, I give it a quick wipe with a napkin or whatever.

The vapour flows right around the outside of the tank (inside atty cover) which allows it to condense there over time.

I pop my tanks in and out A LOT and have had no ill effects, been using the same tanks since day one.

Always get tons of vapour, tons of flavour, and never a leak, I love it!

And as a side note, the low resistance tank attys are AMAZING, all my future tank atty purchases will be low resistance for sure!

cshipman

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
South Carolina
I have had my Tank for about a month and a half, Have always loved it, but, After having to drive 14 hours to Michigan, then 4 hours from there to Indiana, then from there 10 hours back to South Carolina all I can say is that If i wasn't already married I'd propose to my eGo-T!!! Just Fill it when I stopped for Gas, Never worried about Batt Life.. Was heaven.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Additionally, I occasionally take a drag that bothers my throat a little, but I have always felt that was more because of the high nic strength I tend to run, sometimes my throat is more sensitive then other times.

I like a strong throat hit, but sometimes I can over do it and make my throat less happy to receive it.

I have found the low resistance atty is better in a lot of ways, one of which is how much less time I hold the button in for a nice thick cloud, which oddly enough seems to always be smoother compared to doing a longer drag on a normal resistance atty for a similar amount of vapour production.

Two more cents from me!

Last edited:

raziel2662

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Singapore
yea jameth. i get what you mean by having the liquid fall out more if it's vertical. so far no leakage problems with putting it mouthpiece up.

just vaped again. still the same thing. throat getting worse. it's very strange because my first vape was an amazing feeling. till about maybe the 50th puff. then this thing started to happen on the way home yesterday =(

it's just really tough to rely on vaping to curb my analog craving now. everytime i vape i'm praying for a nice smooth drag but it's usually just "bleh".

Flamethrower24

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
Singapore
When you just started vaping you'll have some analogs craving. Just tahan with it and eventually you'll get pass that period and after that no more already. Also if you not very satisfied with your vaping experience, your craving for analogs will keep coming. Just need to find the right ways and methods of vaping that will work for you and you will enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread