eGo VV from gotvapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

icy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Pampa, Texas
I have made the decision not to purchase anymore from company's that don't have better warranty's. Hard lesson learned as I'm sure like most of you, I don't have funds to blow. I just never thought this would be an issue as I have never had problems with eGo's other than dying from old age and being vaped way past their prime.
I hope my lesson will let others make an informed purchasing decision.

ColKurtz

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC USA
I picked up the ego v.v. usb passthrough and really like it. For the price it was a no brainer, $12 shipped with the ego deluxe carrying case. It's great for in the car. I'm using the 5v 2amp charger wart. I use it alot while on my computer but I don't plug into the computer (I use a wall outlet) I'm not taking any chances with anything going wrong while connected to my computer, it's just not worth taking that kind of chance and anyway it's just as easy to plug into the wall. This is a fun little device.

I got one too. It was my first experience with VV, which I love. Already becoming dissatisfied with standard voltage eGo. Ran across this thread searching for eGo booster reviews.

Anyway... I read on the site I purchased my eGo VV passthru (DarkCity Vapor) that it's only supposed to be plugged into standard computer USB port, specifically said not supposed to be plugged into higher-amp wall outlets.

That link is down, so can anyone clarify?

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Ya I got the deal on the 12 bucks shipped vv usb passthrough. It works great. Nothing like my darwin. But a nice back up. I really had high hopes for this mod for the battery display, VV, and a decent price. To mad they don't guaranty it. I recommended a couple people check it out before I heard about the 7 day thing. Will not anymore. Thanks for the info. Any news on some company that is willing to stand by there products making a battery display VV unit for kind of cheap. Looking for a nice back up and maybe buying a 10 pack to have for people try to buy my pv off me. Thanks :)

been there

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Brooksville,florida
I bought the Ego vv 2 weeks ago and one broke in half and the other one wont charge,7 day warranty is a joke I'll never buy anything from them again and I'll go out of my way to tell people to stay away but it did help me decide to buy a ProVari, enough of junk I want quality. I'm so ...... off I can't see straight.

ColKurtz

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC USA
For those with the problems of the eGo VV (not the passthru that's come up here too), a couple of people mentioned the problem being the center pin. Are you sure the battery is defective? Does it still light up when you push the button?

I picked up a Revolution V2.1 bottom-feeder, and it's notorious for not firing atties. You have to pull the center pin of the atomizer/cartomizer out a bit, so it sticks out below the outer threads. This pic sort of describes it.

I've had the same issue with my eGo VV paasthru. Cartos that work just fine in my standard eGo don't work in the passthru until i pull the cartomizer's center pin out a bit.

Thought I'd pass that along just in case that fixes things.

icy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Pampa, Texas
hmm. More than a couple of people have had problems with the eGo vv batteries. I have been at this for a year and have mainly used eGo's, so I am familiar with this type of equipment. The battery bars lights up the button lights up, so yes the batteries works. It is hard for an atty to connect when there is no center post!

Oh no this one popped out and the other one just wont fire an atty, hey but they light up. Cool light sticks.

As a consumer I should not have to fiddle, lift, mess with any product to get it to work. Thus fiddling, lifting, and messing with as instructed by vendor causing the thing to completely quit working.
I don't know how to make this any more clear this could be a good product, but the consumer should not be the tester of the product unless the vendor is willing to provide a better warranty for the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread