eGo - which are best for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoAlias

Dec 25, 2011
SF, CA
Hello Everyone,

I have been vaping about 2 years now using KR808 automatic battery along with clearomizers.

Recently a friend visited me and had a eGo, also with clearomizer, it was manual battery but the vapor was a lot more smooth. The threads were bigger I think he said is 510 threading

I looked online where I usually pick stuff up and there is a lot of options for eGO, so I figured to create a post and see what others think is best. I only need the basics really, just a couple of batteries, charger, and supply of clearomizers.

If anyone can recommend stuff let me know. With all these differnt products its hard to know what will be compatible together.

My friend said his eGO was about $30. But I see eGO avail. from $20 - $90, so that was confusing me also.

THANKS!!!!

Last edited:

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA
Hey there NoAlias;

:2c:

Something like this might be good.

Kanger eVod Kit - Blue

See from discount vapers web, that the are going fast.

Looks like this starter kit has:
2 x EVOD Manual battery
2 x EVOD BBC (Bottom Coil Changeable) 1.6ml Clearomizer (Resistance:2.5ohm)

5 x Bottom Coil Heads
1 x eGo USB charger
1 x AC-USB with USA plug
1 x User Manual

Throw in some juice, and you should be set. :vapor:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Get a few genuine Joyetech eGo C 900mAh pass-throughs... and you'll be good to go. With a USB pass-through, all you need extra may be a 110 to USB and perhaps auto cigarette lighter to USB adapters.

I'm not going to hunt around for the best deal for you... thats your job, but here's genuine JoyeTech, as described.

NoAlias

Dec 25, 2011
SF, CA
Thanks I see the Joyetech website. What is the basic setup called? I see eGo-C, -CC, -T etc.

I'm reading through options now, and not sure what's what. For example, I'm ignorant why I'd need variable voltage.

All I need is the model # for base battery, and the type of clearomizers to order. would those be 510s?

Thanks for the reply everybody. I'm checking out all this now. Sorry I'm pretty clueless here

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
What clearomizers are you using now...and is that a style that you would like to stick with? That will help me know what I would suggest.

Also, most ego style batteries have 2 sets of threads. The outside threads are the ego threads. The inside threads are the 510 threads. So once you have the correct battery, you can use anything that is ego OR 510 threaded.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

Best Ego Class starter kit I have seen and suggest.

Go with 2 of the Vision Spinner 1300mah batteries, 2 clearos, and charger

If you use top coil clearos now, go with the iClear16s, top coil the wicks will be close to the mouth piece at the top. The Vision Clearomizer v2's they show are copied CE4's, though you can replace the coils in the ones in the kit, the Innokin iClears are better performers JMO.

If you are using bottom coil tanks now, go with the Kanger Evods in that kit

This kit offers variable voltage, ego class batteries that allow fine tuning to the user's vaping, giving the best vapor, flavor, and such, the Vision Spinner 1300mah you can get almost a full day of use before recharge, so they have long legs, though remember, higher your voltage lower the max vaping time, but 2 batteries you'll have plenty of power, 1 charging or as back up until you can get one charging, the other in use and service.

Michael Nix

Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA

If you use top coil clearos now, go with the iClear16s, top coil the wicks will be close to the mouth piece at the top. The Vision Clearomizer v2's they show are copied CE4's, though you can replace the coils in the ones in the kit, the Innokin iClears are better performers JMO.

This kit offers variable voltage, ego class batteries that allow fine tuning to the user's vaping, giving the best vapor, flavor, and such, the Vision Spinner 1300mah you can get almost a full day of use before recharge, so they have long legs, though remember, higher your voltage lower the max vaping time, but 2 batteries you'll have plenty of power, 1 charging or as back up until you can get one charging, the other in use and service.
This is a great kit and good advice.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
For a new buyer, take a look at Cignot.com They don't have a complete kit for what I'm about to suggest, but everything there is genuine product - no fakes or clones.

You have been stuck at a fixed voltage battery with your 808 setup. The next logical choice would be a variable voltage (VV) battery. And that would be the eGo Twist. VV allows you to tweak your experience and adjust to differences in cartos, clearos and liquids.

You would, of course, need an eGo charger to go with.

If you are interested in clearos, any bottom coil in the Kanger line will do nicely. Across the board if they are BCC the experience won't be all that much different between a Kanger T3s, Kanger Evod, and a Kanger ProTank. If you like certain flavors that are known to crack plastic devices then you want to head straight for a glass ProTank though.

Pick up some extra replacement coils (heads) for whatever clearo you choose.

That would do it. :)

If your existing 808 is working for you - it's keeping you away from smoking - you could start with 1 Twist battery, 1 eGo charger, and whatever you want in clearos. Use both your existing 808 setup, the eGo Twist, and move on from there.

NoAlias

Dec 25, 2011
SF, CA
Get a few genuine Joyetech eGo C 900mAh pass-throughs... and you'll be good to go. With a USB pass-through, all you need extra may be a 110 to USB and perhaps auto cigarette lighter to USB adapters.

I'm not going to hunt around for the best deal for you... thats your job, but here's genuine JoyeTech, as described.

These look great!!! Usb pass through is a great idea. Thanks, I did not know this existed!

NoAlias

Dec 25, 2011
SF, CA
What clearomizers are you using now...and is that a style that you would like to stick with? That will help me know what I would suggest.

Also, most ego style batteries have 2 sets of threads. The outside threads are the ego threads. The inside threads are the 510 threads. So once you have the correct battery, you can use anything that is ego OR 510 threaded.

These are the ones I have ordered, clearos for 808 thread. http://www.vaporkings.com/e-Smart-clearomizers-package-of-5-p/esmart-clearo.htm

This works fine for what I need, though I would do rebuildable/cleanable ones if they are avail. for eGO

THANKS!!

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
Hey there NoAlias;

:2c:

Something like this might be good.

Kanger eVod Kit - Blue

See from discount vapers web, that the are going fast.

Looks like this starter kit has:
2 x EVOD Manual battery
2 x EVOD BBC (Bottom Coil Changeable) 1.6ml Clearomizer (Resistance:2.5ohm)

5 x Bottom Coil Heads
1 x eGo USB charger
1 x AC-USB with USA plug
1 x User Manual

Throw in some juice, and you should be set. :vapor:

I second this!

NoAlias

Dec 25, 2011
SF, CA

Thanks man this looks good, this is exactly the type of information I was looking for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread