Egrip atomizers failing quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladdin

Jun 26, 2011
South Jersey
I have been using a Joye eGrip since November 2014 and it has been great till today. I use Viking Vapors, 36mg, Vanilla, 100% VG and always have. I still use it in my eRoll. Today, I replaced the atomizer in the eGrip and it failed in a couple minutes. I thought it just might be a bad one. Then the next two new atomizers failed even more quickly. The last one gave me one hit, then quit. I did the same as always when replacing the atomizer, using a drop or two of liquid to "prime" the atomizer. They just quit completely. Sucking air. The light on the eGrip is activating, indicating it's got power and is working. It's fully charged. I keep the dial on the eGrip at about 14 watts. Something wrong with the eGrip and it's burning or shorting them out quickly? Any clues? bad batch of atomizers?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
How dark is your juice? Could the maker have changed something with it? I do know that VG and creamy, vanilla type flavors can be very clogging. It does not make much sense that this just started happening using the same juice though. Are you certain that there is power and it is not just that the light is coming on in error? have you tried a different charging cable? Have you given it a good, thorough cleaning lately? Gunky threads will make for a bad to no connection.

One other thought. Are you sure that when you screw the bottom with the coil in it back on that it is making good contact?

I hope that helped and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread