eGrip CS atomizer mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodyrune

Jan 29, 2015
While waiting for my rba atomizer, i had to find a way to stop my egrip from giving me bad taste, especially after 2 days of use on each atomizer. I have searched for it and ended up basic solutions like swapping it with an aspire k1 bvc atomizer by changing bottom pin, bvc have a different top and silicon seal is covered with metal unlike egrip atomizer so it causes lots of fluid flow and gurgling. Then i have decided to disassemble both and get a deeper look. After seeing inside of both, i have came up with this solution.

Bvc coil is vertical and long, giving more surface area than CS coil, the materials are almost identical except the top caps and bottom pins, CS coils have an insulater added because the assembly is horizontal and would contact inner body otherwise, causing short circuit.

Here i will try to explain and show how i did it and hope it will help others.

1: Things we need;
*A long nose plier
*Some kind of wrench
*A long nose electronics tweezer
*1x Aspire K1 BVC atomizer (i did not see inside nautilus bvc ones so cant say anything about those)
*1x eGrip CS atomiser
111.jpg
Note: Basic skills at building rba's should be enough to do this.

2: We are disassembling the atomizers one by one, hardest part is removing top caps. We need to gently grab bottom screw part and move right-left slowly while holding atomizer from top cap using the wrench. Remember be gentle and patient, we dont want to ruin the bottom screw or the top caps shape.

So we ended up with lots of parts to choose from, you can see additional insulater of CS coil on 2nd picture above.
222.jpg
On this picture, you can see that the wick material around CS atomizer is almost 2x thicker than BVC atomizer.
5.jpg
3: We are assembling a better CS coil using the parts below;
*Top cap of CS
*Wick from CS
*Coil and cotton from BVC
*Bottom screw part from CS
*Bottom silicone from CS
*Bottom pin from CS
6.jpg

444.jpg
Make sure to align the coil as shown above, double check if its cotton is not damaged, that may short the atomizer.

And we are done. Now we have a CS compatible atomizer with vertical coil. Enjoy.

Update: CS atomizer have cotton wick around and silica wick inside/between coils and BVC have cotton wicks only, this is causing the modified atomizer to lose some airflow after 2-3 tanks of liquid. Washing and drying fixes it. I am planning to experiment further on the coil, will try a mesh setup and i will share if the result is satisfying.

Last edited:
Reactions: tirpider

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Incredible amount of detail work. To be honest it's far from what I have the time or effort to do but I did reference this thread and your post from here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-joyetech-20watt-egrip-202.html#post15607186

If you read my open question there, you will see I had some concerns about the simple pin swap technique some newbie Egrip owners were doing. While it may appear to work at first I had my doubts unless someone could actually see how the air tube lines up and sits on the Aspire BVC head. Seems from your post it confirms my suspicion that the quick pin swap can lead to problems. As of this writing I do not have a Egrip CS attie to compare to my Aspire BVC's. Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread