Egrip II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016
Probably a bad resistance reading on the initial coil reading. Double check you are in correct material mode. Remove coil press fire reinstall. See it it reads coil resistance correctly this time. Make sure coil at room temp when you do it.

If that doesn't work try the reset button at the base of the unit to simulate a battery pull while the coil is out of the unit and try again.
None of these worked. Haven't been able to use it under 250ºC anymore, I don't know what happened, I started off between 210º-240º and it worked ok. Now it hits temp control protection really fast. :(

Reactions: Tpat591

RAVEN72

Sep 13, 2015
Mine only spits a bit when then tank is completely full, and when it's almost totally empty.
Are you having that problem during the whole tank consumption?
It's hard to say just yet. I have only gone through 2 tanks. Both times it spit and gurgle right after filling the tank. The gurgling cleared up but it keeps spitting until I refill it before the liquid gets below the juice holes on the notch coil. Which doesn't take long. I have gone back to using my evic mini paired with a kanger cl tank 4.0 until the anti spitback drip tips come in that I ordered from fastech.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
None of these worked. Haven't been able to use it under 250ºC anymore, I don't know what happened, I started off between 210º-240º and it worked ok. Now it hits temp control protection really fast. :(
Sometime I get wonky behavior on the coil like you describe due to bad connection where it will show short or no atomizer. Loosening top and and reinstalling usually corrects. Try that. it may fix your issue.

RAVEN72

Sep 13, 2015
I'm still having issues with my egrip. When it does stop spitting somewhere in the middle of the tank of juice. I was getting a nice warm vape when the notch coil was reading .28. @350 degrees 35watts so I tried to get the coil to lock closer to .25 I finally got it locked at .26 and now to get the same warm vape I have to set it to 480 degrees @45 watts. The issue that bothers me the most is how hot the device gets in my hand after about 8 chain puffs on it. Almost too hot to hold at both settings. Is this normal? I also can't get mine to ask If I have installed a new coil.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
  • Flooding at first after a fill is par for course but you should see it clear within a few hits.
  • When I got my first one it was running utterly scalding hot all the time and I couldn't get it to forget a bogus reading it locked into its memory from the get go no matter what I did.
    • I finally got a paper clip and hit that reset button at the bottom of the mod to simulate a battery pull (which was what I used to do with my VTC when it would screw up that way.
    • Think it took me two or three presses to get it right because I kept forgetting that the trick was to pull coil out, then simulate the battery pull.
    • press fire with atty off mod to reset resistance memory.
    • Reinstall atty. press fire.
    • you should get new coil prompt.
    • select new coil.
    • test it and see how it vapes.
  • 8 chain vapes in a row is a lot for a device like this. Your pushing 45w and the way that notch coil runs you are using all of it without hitting TP. If it is miscalibrated as described above not a suprise it is getting hot.
try above and see if it helps

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I tried resetting the coil with your instructions but I never get the new coil prompt. It does show the proper
0.2, always.
That was what enabled me to fix my egrip 2 & get it working properly on the second day I owned it.

All these JT boards work same way, but they change them with every update and I've given up staying current with it all. Whatever they do to reset the memorized resistance for that material setting on Evic VTC, RX200, Cuboid, or the flasks is what you need to do to Egrip II to get the properly calibrated initial cold resistance of the coil locked in. From there it should work as designed.

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016
Last Friday it sort of worked (resetting to fix TC), I went down to 240C(460F). Today I went back to 250C(482F) and it Protects really fast, I had to push it up to 260C(500F) and it still hits TempProtection in about 3 seconds.

Any ideas? The only thing I came up with today, is that it could be that the coil is already dirty and very used (1 month), but I don't know if one thing has to do with the other.

Should I contact Joyetech? The thing works, but not as I wish it worked, vapor comes almost hot, and I was enjoying my 230C(446F) vaping temperature.

I'm on 0.20o (unlocked). 40W.
Doesnt matter if I'm chain smoking or leave it for half an hour, it will hit 500F temp protection fast.
Any ideas?

RAVEN72

Sep 13, 2015
Last Friday it sort of worked (resetting to fix TC), I went down to 240C(460F). Today I went back to 250C(482F) and it Protects really fast, I had to push it up to 260C(500F) and it still hits TempProtection in about 3 seconds.

Any ideas? The only thing I came up with today, is that it could be that the coil is already dirty and very used (1 month), but I don't know if one thing has to do with the other.

Should I contact Joyetech? The thing works, but not as I wish it worked, vapor comes almost hot, and I was enjoying my 230C(446F) vaping temperature.

I'm on 0.20o (unlocked). 40W.
Doesnt matter if I'm chain smoking or leave it for half an hour, it will hit 500F temp protection fast.
Any ideas?
Why are you not locking your resistance?

RAVEN72

Sep 13, 2015
Should I? :oops:
It ALWAYS reads .20, I feel like an ... now. I don't know what that does.
I locked it when I first thought that might help fix the Temperature Protection, but it didn't, so I ignored it.
let your mod cool to room temperature. Then reset it again. Remove the top and the coil and dry them off with a paper towel. Fire the mod without the top inserted and it will say no atomizer. Screw the top back in and press fire button and it should ask you if it is a new coil press up yes down no. You want yes. Then hit fire 3 times scroll down and lock your resistence. See if that helps.

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016
Did all that, left the top unscrewed all night, dried coil in the morning, fired the mod, resetted the mod, fired the mod once again. Screwed top back in, pressed fire, and it did not ask me if it is a new coil. I had never seen that message yet (New coil up same down) and I've done this over 5 times.

I went to Power mode, I don't like having it at 500F on TC.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Did all that, left the top unscrewed all night, dried coil in the morning, fired the mod, resetted the mod, fired the mod once again. Screwed top back in, pressed fire, and it did not ask me if it is a new coil. I had never seen that message yet (New coil up same down) and I've done this over 5 times.

I went to Power mode, I don't like having it at 500F on TC.
I'm not sure how to get the prompt but that is what you need. Used to be a battery pull on Evic VTC before they changed the firmware to remember the last atty used in each tc mode.

My best suggestion is to switch to the clapton coil in TC mode and take a few vapes. It should be different enough in resistance to force a new coil prompt & It should kick you out to power mode. Switch back to the notch in ss TC mode & see if you get the prompt then. Hopefully it will recalibrate the unit and correct the situation.

You get that Cupti yet?

Last edited:

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016
I'm not sure how to get the prompt but that is what you need. Used to be a battery pull on Evic VTC before they changed the firmware to remember the last atty used in each tc mode.

My best suggestion is to switch to the clapton coil in TC mode and take a few vapes. It should be different enough in resistance to force a new coil prompt & It should kick you out to power mode. Switch back to the notch in ss TC mode & see if you get the prompt then. Hopefully it will recalibrate the unit and correct the situation.

You get that Cupti yet?
That sounds like a good idea. I didn't want to open and use another coil but this might be necessary to bring my notch/TC back to life.

Got the Cupti, haven't tried it. Surprised at the size (keeping in mind the removable battery).
I'll post a couple of pictures in a minute (it's an eGrip vs Cupti) comparison pic set.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
That sounds like a good idea. I didn't want to open and use another coil but this might be necessary to bring my notch/TC back to life.

Got the Cupti, haven't tried it. Surprised at the size (keeping in mind the removable battery).
I'll post a couple of pictures in a minute (it's an eGrip vs Cupti) comparison pic set.
look forward to that!

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016
Here it goes. I was unsure about posting it here or over at the Cupti thread, but we're more active here so:
IMG_3989.jpg IMG_3992.jpg IMG_3990.jpg IMG_3991.JPG IMG_3994.jpg IMG_3993.jpg

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Here it goes. I was unsure about posting it here or over at the Cupti thread, but we're more active here so:
View attachment 577499 View attachment 577503 View attachment 577505 View attachment 577511 View attachment 577507 View attachment 577509
Pics like that are welcome in both threads. That Cupti looks like it needs some juice, a battery & some break in time. Look forward to seeing you post your thoughts impressions and review in the Cupti thread.

Know you will bring a new perspective to the discussion there & congrats on the win!

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016

You get that Cupti yet?
Left the thing to come down to room temperature. Switched coils (from Notch to Clapton) reset it and fired before screwing back in.

When I turned it on, it did kick me to Power mode. But when I fired, it didn't ask me anything, it fired regular Power mode. :( Could my eGrip be faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread