Egrip II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riff89

Sep 20, 2014
Eesti
Left the thing to come down to room temperature. Switched coils (from Notch to Clapton) reset it and fired before screwing back in.

When I turned it on, it did kick me to Power mode. But when I fired, it didn't ask me anything, it fired regular Power mode. :( Could my eGrip be faulty?

It kicked yo to power mode because clapton is made of kanthal. Which is not tc capable wire. So it isnt faulty.
You should have switched it over to ss316 0.5 coil instead if you have any.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Left the thing to come down to room temperature. Switched coils (from Notch to Clapton) reset it and fired before screwing back in.

When I turned it on, it did kick me to Power mode. But when I fired, it didn't ask me anything, it fired regular Power mode. :( Could my eGrip be faulty?
Problem is they change firmware so often I cant keep up with them & therefore have no idea. A significant change in resistance should have forced a coil prompt IIRC. I doubt its faulty but may be time to check literature or ask someone more knowledgeable in the VTC or Cuboid threads.

Kermit the Admin over at the joyetech Social site has been the only person from Joyetech who has ever helped me out or answered a questions for me from that company in the past. You might want to ask him about it as he gets that if he doesn't know the answer it is his responsibility to tell you that and then ask someone who does know the answer and get back to you.

DavidTop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
New York City

That's how it should work. The Clapton is Kanthal so yes it automatically switches to Power without asking. Try your Egrip with one of the SS coils. Since SS works in both Power and TC will it ask for a prompt? I don't know since I've just been using Clapton coils.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
That's how it should work. The Clapton is Kanthal so yes it automatically switches to Power without asking. Try your Egrip with one of the SS coils. Since SS works in both Power and TC will it ask for a prompt? I don't know since I've just been using Clapton coils.
Yes but I thought it would:
  1. Sense that resistance had significantly changed and display New Coil Prompt.
  2. Upon firing in ss TC mode sense that the materials actual TCR did not match the profile it expected for ss TC mode & switch to power mode.
  3. Upon reinstalling a Notch Coil in ss mode display a new coil prompt to calibrate cold ohms as when it was last in that mode the coil resistance had significantly changed in resistance.
  4. Behave normally thereafter.
What Betomex has reported differs greatly from that so I'm a bit flummoxed on that & know it varies from the way they used to work in older firmware versions,

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Release of Cupti has driven Nebox pricing Down. Ecig-City has Nebox for $19.99 in stock in all colors (black, red, white, blue, green). $50 min order for free US shipping.
upload_2016-7-14_10-40-36-png.578313

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016
BTW, after trying the Clapton coil last week, just to force the "New coil" prompt (which didn't show up), the temperature issue went away and I'm back to vaping on 230C without any problems. I'm yet to see that prompt, might see it soon as my notch is finally losing flavor (after a month-ish, or around 200ml, not bad huh?!)

So thanks for the pointers. I still have to investigate the M TCR thing you told me, I have never used that and I'm scared of it. haha.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
BTW, after trying the Clapton coil last week, just to force the "New coil" prompt (which didn't show up), the temperature issue went away and I'm back to vaping on 230C without any problems. I'm yet to see that prompt, might see it soon as my notch is finally losing flavor (after a month-ish, or around 200ml, not bad huh?!)

So thanks for the pointers. I still have to investigate the M TCR thing you told me, I have never used that and I'm scared of it. haha.
Nuthing to be afraid of, just lets you use any wire you want by manually inputting TCR.

Glad your issue resolved. STILL looking for your Cupti review!

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Agreed! But it might sacrifice the flavour..
I have one on the way. I'll definitely review and link you. I'm wondering if the 510 adapter from the eGrip II will work :D
It will & is included in kit. I don't think a larger tank would sacrifice flavor, but I do think it would work wonders to control all that freaking spitting off the Notch coils!

Reactions: RAVEN72

Coolloser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2015
It will & is included in kit. I don't think a larger tank would sacrifice flavor, but I do think it would work wonders to control all that freaking spitting off the Notch coils!
Nice! I couldn't see it in any of the pictures I saw. Those damn notch coils eh? We got some CoilArt ones for the TFV4 and the longer chamber helps so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread