EHPRo Kayfun Clone Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wspkid

May 30, 2015
New to the forum so had to put this here. My apologies in advance if this thread already exists. I'm not familiar with the site yet.

Needing some help from fellow Kayfun fans.

I've been using Kayfun clones for a couple of years now so I'm not new to the setup. I've been through a couple of them in my time but recently acquired a EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Clone with dual airflows. My old single airflow just wore out and this is my first go with the dual flows. In the past, I've used 32 gauge kanthal wrapped 6 times around a 5/64 drill bit with a cotton wick (about 0.5-0.6 ohms). I vape 6mg MasterMind juices exclusively. Historically, this setup has worked beautifully for me.

However, with this new tank, I'm having problems maintaining suction on refills (from bottom fill hole) resulting in dry hits. I'll prime the crap out of it (to the point that it leaks), get a few good pulls, and then back to dry wick.

I talked to the guy at the local vape shop and he suggested larger coils and thicker wire so that I can get larger wicks. He suggested 26 gauge around a 7/64 bit. So I tried this for a couple of builds and still get dry hits on refills. I'm back to my old 32 gauge, 5/64 builds now.

I've tried refilling with both airflows covered by tape and the chimney at the drip tip stuffed with a little chunk of paper towel, still get dry wicks on refills. I've tried covering one airflow. I've tried loosening the top of the tank a tad after refill to let the inner tank bubble a little. I've tried raising the coil off the deck, trimming the cotton down more, adding more cotton, everything I can think of... and I'm still getting dry hits on refills. The initial build vapes beautifully with both setups but the refills just can't hold suction!

Anyone else had this problem? I need some suggestions!

I'm using a Cronus mechanical mod with Sony 18650 batteries.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you're able to provide. Sorry for the lengthy post!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I have a few of the same RTAs, and have suffered with those dry hits as well.

Then I moved on to rayon for wicking, and no longer have issues. But with cotton or KGD, all the time.

It works differently than cotton, but there is a ton of information and tutorials here: Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit! | E-Cigarette Forum

You can read through it, but can't post there until after your's 5th post in the New Members Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread