Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
The only juice I really have to have (and can't seem to replicate) is Dark City Vapor's banana pudding. Luckily it's not one of the more expensive ones, even though $15 for a 30ml is expensive. I only buy it every once in a while as a treat. It tastes (to me) exactly like banana pudding (minus the too ripe bananas) I can even taste the nilla wafers and whipped cream!

My daughter lives in Asheville, NC .. Dark City vapor is located in Black Mountain. So when we go for a visit or camping, I always go by and get some.

Mother's milk is also another juice I've seen a lot of hype for. I bought a bottle (pretty much because I saw where Norman Reedus bought some) and it's good. Not good enough to pay for more but I enjoyed it.

I was really surprised when I didn't like Grant's vanilla custard and Deadly Sin, since I like vanilla vapes. But they were just too much in-your-face-too-sweet for me.

My adv is my diy peanut butter cookie. It's not too sweet and easy to make. I've been using it 95% of the time for at least a couple years. I remember being hooked on Tasty Vapor's "waffles" for a long time, then one day, right in the middle of a bottle.. it didn't taste good anymore :yawn:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The only juice I really have to have (and can't seem to replicate) is Dark City Vapor's banana pudding. Luckily it's not one of the more expensive ones, even though $15 for a 30ml is expensive. I only buy it every once in a while as a treat. It tastes (to me) exactly like banana pudding (minus the too ripe bananas) I can even taste the nilla wafers and whipped cream!

My daughter lives in Asheville, NC .. Dark City vapor is located in Black Mountain. So when we go for a visit or camping, I always go by and get some.

Mother's milk is also another juice I've seen a lot of hype for. I bought a bottle (pretty much because I saw where Norman Reedus bought some) and it's good. Not good enough to pay for more but I enjoyed it.

I was really surprised when I didn't like Grant's vanilla custard and Deadly Sin, since I like vanilla vapes. But they were just too much in-your-face-too-sweet for me.

My adv is my diy peanut butter cookie. It's not too sweet and easy to make. I've been using it 95% of the time for at least a couple years. I remember being hooked on Tasty Vapor's "waffles" for a long time, then one day, right in the middle of a bottle.. it didn't taste good anymore :yawn:

I did Grant's a lot back in the tube mod days, would order in 300mls of 100% VG at a time. Came up with a couple of DIY clones for it as well. Then like you said I got tired of it and tossed it all out. Have tried just about every hyped premade VC from the hyped vendors (Bryce's 4, NT CLS/CB/Frenilla, IV, Yaeliq YC & CN, SD Daft Spunk, CV Colossus, MV Money, others) and a bunch of them that you've probably never heard of. None of them worked for me very long, others not at all - most were too sweet, some sold by shady folks IMO. I tried Nude Nicotine's Patchouli Vanilla some months back, then started DIYing it to my personal tastes and settled on it. I am working on a 1000ml batch of it now, have it in 3 of my Reos for the different nuances I get from the different atty's/builds. When I want a rich custard note I simply add a little milk sweet to it.

Reactions: Robinowitz

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Anything from Backwoods Brew.
Most anything from Copper Creek.
EVERYTHING from Alice in Vapeland.
Ahlusion. Anything Ahlusion.
But the worst of all actually is a flavor offered by my favorite e-liquid Vendor. I truly enjoy most everything I've ever gotten from HHV, but Huntsman is vile and disgusting. I know all tastes are subjective, but to me HHV Huntsman tastes the way dog vomit smells.
And yet Huntsman has its own faithful following....

I too am a bit fan of Ahlusion and HHV.
HHV has many good flavors and NET tobacco flavors. Tried the Hunstman long ago, and didn't really like it either. GAIA is a one of a kind juice. Of all the juices I've tried from Nictoticket, Goodejuice, Ahlusion, Net.com, and Alien Vision... GAIA is hands down the most authentic tobacco flavor I've tried. There's nothing sweet about it. Its raw flavor and taste is very similar to an actual bag of Buglar Turkish and Blended Cigarette Tobacco. You can actually taste what an opened bag of Buglar smells like. Adam and Heather did one heck of a job on GAIA.

Of all the venders, I have to say HHV prices are the best I've seen around. They always offer coupons and savings on juices that starts at $40 for 100ml. I usually get 200ml for about $68+shipping.

My favorite juices::
HHV = Dragon's Fire and GAIA
Ahlusion = Godfather

I've not tried Backwoods Brew or Copper Creek yet. Will have to look into those one day.
good2.gif

One day, I hope to get into making my own juice. Right now though, I don't have time to do the research. But I'm always willing to be a tester for you guys that DIY.
good.gif

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Been disappointed too many times even to try another premixed juice. I've no doubt that there are good ones out there, but vape tastes are too particular for me to make anything approaching an informed decision based on second-hand info (hype).

Mt Baker Vapor's Pink Champagne has been an ADV since about two years ago. I still buy that premixed, because MBV is the cheapest place on earth, but otherwise mix my own. At one point I ordered literally every flavor available from Wizard Labs' Flavor Apprentice shop and mixed up a 15ml bottle of each to try. I could only stand about five of them, and only two tasted legitimately good. So I vape those two, along with a Tribeca clone, in rotation as the mood strikes. Every once in awhile I'll stumble on a recipe on the internet that I can toss together using all of those leftover flavors sitting in my cabinet; with the exception of the Tribeca clone, those recipes have yet to impress.

In the world of premixed vape juices, there are good vendors and bad, but what separates them is largely a matter of customer service. The juice itself? Too subjective.

Go DIY as soon as you can; you'll save money and time in your quest to find what flavor profiles work for you. And you never know when the government might turn the juice market into a grave yard. If DIY intimidates, you can ease yourself in by buying flavors and premixed base. MBV, for example, sells 8 oz (240 mL) bottles of unflavored juice at most any nic strength and pg/vg ratio for something like $30.

Last edited:

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
I've been hooked on AV Boba'a and Gorilla Juice, glad I stocked up since they've been out for months now. Pluid has interested me but can't find them in stock or too costly. Tried most stuff from MBV, and though I like them, none are any of my ADV. Same goes for stuff from Halo, some good, but none are ADV. If all else fails, non flavored NIC juice works for me as an ADV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread